• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With My/dvd

johnlees

Question

I have a Canon Vixia HFM301 Camcorder, I used Capture video to capture the files from my camcorder, I then went to Create DVD (MYDVD) to create the dvd. While it is running a little screen

comes up to show the progress. Within this screen is a small picture of what is being burnt, every once in a while this would go blank, I didn't think to much about it, because I thought the stuff

was still going to the dvd. After it ended I put the dvd in my player, and dvd also was missing the video. the audio would continue but the screen is blank. I have tryed it several times and it does

the same thing. I have used this before with no problems (i think). There are a lot of files on the camcorder, maybe 60.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

11 answers to this question

I have a Canon Vixia HFM301 Camcorder, I used Capture video to capture the files from my camcorder, I then went to Create DVD (MYDVD) to create the dvd. While it is running a little screen

comes up to show the progress. Within this screen is a small picture of what is being burnt, every once in a while this would go blank, I didn't think to much about it, because I thought the stuff

was still going to the dvd. After it ended I put the dvd in my player, and dvd also was missing the video. the audio would continue but the screen is blank. I have tryed it several times and it does

the same thing. I have used this before with no problems (i think). There are a lot of files on the camcorder, maybe 60.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Completely blank or did you get a swirl effect with mpg2 text in it. If you got the text, that part of the video is already DVD compliant and does not need to be rendered (encoded) again.

What format are the video files from that camcorder? If that is a digital camcorder, all you would have to do is to cioopy the files to your computer. Capture is primarily for analog.

Completely blank or did you get a swirl effect with mpg2 text in it. If you got the text, that part of the video is already DVD compliant and does not need to be rendered (encoded) again.

What format are the video files from that camcorder? If that is a digital camcorder, all you would have to do is to cioopy the files to your computer. Capture is primarily for analog.

The dvd is completely blank (white). I opened the sd card and there a several folders all under 1 folder, I browsed around and the actual videos are in a stream folder with filetype .mts.

The camera is HD, so i assume it is digital.

'copy files to your computer'... where would I put them for use with create dvd.

Thanks.

John

The dvd is completely blank (white). I opened the sd card and there a several folders all under 1 folder, I browsed around and the actual videos are in a stream folder with filetype .mts.

The camera is HD, so i assume it is digital.

'copy files to your computer'... where would I put them for use with create dvd.

Thanks.

John

Just about any where you want them and can remember where they are. Suggestion, you may want to do some editign in Edit-Video -Advanced and then go to Create DVD from there. Video Wave allows you to add titles, transitions, music if you want, and to edit (delete) and of those video that were recorded when you were pointing in the wrong direction.

The mts files are supported by Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave). You can just add them to the application. Note: When you open Video Wave, select 16 by 9 format to give you all the HD options.

Are you planning to output to HD video? You can make an AVCHD disc or a blu-ray disc. An AVCHD disc contains about 40 minutes of HD video. You can use your standard DVD discs and your current optical burner. Those do need ot be played on a blu-ray player. Read this (link)

You can make a blu -ray disc if you have a blu-ray burner and are using blu-ray discs.

Just about any where you want them and can remember where they are. Suggestion, you may want to do some editign in Edit-Video -Advanced and then go to Create DVD from there. Video Wave allows you to add titles, transitions, music if you want, and to edit (delete) and of those video that were recorded when you were pointing in the wrong direction.

The mts files are supported by Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave). You can just add them to the application. Note: When you open Video Wave, select 16 by 9 format to give you all the HD options.

Are you planning to output to HD video? You can make an AVCHD disc or a blu-ray disc. An AVCHD disc contains about 40 minutes of HD video. You can use your standard DVD discs and your current optical burner. Those do need ot be played on a blu-ray player. Read this (link)

You can make a blu -ray disc if you have a blu-ray burner and are using blu-ray discs.

Thank you!

I'm only creating standard dvd right now.

I figured out how to move the files to 'my videos', then opened 'my dvd' to create the DVD, but I'm having the same problem, some files work ok, and some go blank.

any ideas?

Thanks

John.

ps. maybe i'll try the video wave option now.

Thank you!

I'm only creating standard dvd right now.

I figured out how to move the files to 'my videos', then opened 'my dvd' to create the DVD, but I'm having the same problem, some files work ok, and some go blank.

any ideas?

Thanks

John.

ps. maybe i'll try the video wave option now.

I just tryed the videowave option, added my file, went to mydvd and it does the same thing. the file that the screen goes blank on is the third file, I look at it and it's an mts filetype

as all the rest are.

If I play the movie in mydvd it plays just fine.

Thanks!

I am now going to get ready to watch final 4 basketball, and then to a concert my grand son is in, I'll check back later tonight.

john

I just tryed the videowave option, added my file, went to mydvd and it does the same thing. the file that the screen goes blank on is the third file, I look at it and it's an mts filetype

as all the rest are.

If I play the movie in mydvd it plays just fine.

Thanks!

I am now going to get ready to watch final 4 basketball, and then to a concert my grand son is in, I'll check back later tonight.

john

Please explain what I bolded; they seem to contradict each other.

I'm not sure why that 3rd video is giving you a problem.

Please explain what I bolded; they seem to contradict each other.

I'm not sure why that 3rd video is giving you a problem.

'if I play the movie in mydvd it plays just fine'

After I add the video files that I want on my dvd, there is a screen that displays your video, until you click the burn button.

I don't know what's different on the 3rd file either.

Thanks

John

Don't burn a DVD but rather output to FOLDER. When that is done, use Burn Data Disc and add the folders to it.

What settings are you recording at? I found MXP did produce some files that were unsable... You should set it for FXP.

Is it always the same files that go gray?

If so, pass them through Video Copy and Convert and output them as MP4 or something else. Then try them in a project.

Don't burn a DVD but rather output to FOLDER. When that is done, use Burn Data Disc and add the folders to it.

What settings are you recording at? I found MXP did produce some files that were unsable... You should set it for FXP.

Is it always the same files that go gray?

If so, pass them through Video Copy and Convert and output them as MP4 or something else. Then try them in a project.

Where would I find out what settings I am recording at?

I thought it was always the same file that went 'white', but as I have tried it several times, it appears to be random. I'm not sure why.

Pass the files form my camera through video copy and convert, prior to going to mydvd???

Thanks

John

The file setting is in your camcorder buried somewhere in the recording menu... (check manual ;) )

If it is random, that would seem to indicate a PC or Program issue :glare:

Make sure your Video Card Drives as well as its' Software are up to date!

I don't really think it is a Roxio issue... Before doing the whole Repair process, try some test files shot at FXP.

If that does not work, I will be happy to post the steps for a good 'Repair' ;)