• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sense Key And Sense Code Message

nadonou

Question

Good morning,

I have been trying to record photos as a back up set that requires 5 DVDs. This has failed twice on the 2nd and then 3rd disc and the message showing is: Sense key: medium error and Sense code:0x73, 0x03. My feeling is that the fault comes from the discs? Also, I cant read the first disc on my macbook (?) and I feel it might be the recording speed that's at fault (??). I thought of asking the group before changing recording settings...

Thank you for any suggestions

2 answers to this question

A medium error is when the drive fails to write to the media (disc). This usually can be corrected by using a different brand of discs. I recommend Verbatim discs for Apple drives. By default the burn speed is set to Best which is the fastest speed the drive will support with a particular disc. You can set a lower burn speed using the Recorder Settings window. Be sure to have a disc inserted and recognized before setting the burn speed.

A medium error is when the drive fails to write to the media (disc). This usually can be corrected by using a different brand of discs. I recommend Verbatim discs for Apple drives. By default the burn speed is set to Best which is the fastest speed the drive will support with a particular disc. You can set a lower burn speed using the Recorder Settings window. Be sure to have a disc inserted and recognized before setting the burn speed.

Thanks for the pointers. Good to know your feeling about Verbatim - this info is hard to get(!) - and the precautions to take. I did get better results in using the slowest speed - x2.

Cheers.