ryan21030

Why Can't I Capture In Divx Or Avi?

Question

I can capture clips in WMV fine but when it comes to capturing in DivX or Avi Roxio software doesn't seem to recognise but I can open them outside of Roxio. Also the TV standard keeps resting to NTSC_M. Someone please help

20 answers to this question

I can capture clips in WMV fine but when it comes to capturing in DivX or Avi Roxio software doesn't seem to recognise but I can open them outside of Roxio. Also the TV standard keeps resting to NTSC_M. Someone please help

The program is supposed to run in NTSC-M Have you installed Service Pack 1 AND the automatic update?

What computer do you have - make and complete model number?

The program is supposed to run in NTSC-M Have you installed Service Pack 1 AND the automatic update?

What computer do you have - make and complete model number?

Yes I have installed both of those and I have a HP p6-2000ukm

Now what's the problem?

post-97-096585300 1333823800.jpg

post-97-035064600 1333823580.jpg

post-97-015003000 1333823581.jpg

Yes I have installed both of those and I have a HP p6-2000ukm

When I try and capture any DivX or AVI footage or try to edit any DivX or AVI footage I get a question mark on the folder and the length of recording is 0:00:00 yet the file is the size I recorded it too e.g 100mb

I( have this same problem, right from the start, nobody seems to able to explain why this is happening, so i have settled for just capturing in wmv, Ryan if i work out this problem i will get in touch with you, plz do the same if you find out anything thx and good luck

I( have this same problem, right from the start, nobody seems to able to explain why this is happening, so i have settled for just capturing in wmv, Ryan if i work out this problem i will get in touch with you, plz do the same if you find out anything thx and good luck

Mike, do you have the exact same computer and other software installed? Are you trying to capture the same game? You may want to start your own thread to addrewss YOUR issue which may or may not be the same as the original poster.

When I try and capture any DivX or AVI footage or try to edit any DivX or AVI footage I get a question mark on the folder and the length of recording is 0:00:00 yet the file is the size I recorded it too e.g 100mb

I don't see that the program will capture DivX files nor are all AVI files the same It has to be DV-AVI. It should work with DivX and DV-AVI (and others) if you go to edit them. Where did you get the DivX and the AVI files you want to edit?

I don't see that the program will capture DivX files nor are all AVI files the same It has to be DV-AVI. It should work with DivX and DV-AVI (and others) if you go to edit them. Where did you get the DivX and the AVI files you want to edit?

I recorded them with Roxio capture but as soon as I click stop record the file doesn't save and I can only open it outside of Roxio

I recorded them with Roxio capture but as soon as I click stop record the file doesn't save and I can only open it outside of Roxio

If the file doesn't save how can you open it outside of Roxio? :rolleyes:

If the file doesn't save how can you open it outside of Roxio? :rolleyes:

I meant it does save it just says that some files are missing whenever I try and open or edit in Roxio

Mike, do you have the exact same computer and other software installed? Are you trying to capture the same game? You may want to start your own thread to addrewss YOUR issue which may or may not be the same as the original poster.

I did make my own post adressing this issue, and yes this is the exact same problem, i aint a bad guy and i aint stupid either, but i find here when you ask for help you either get made out to be a moron or you get an arsey reply. If I find out why im having this problem I will be in touch with Ryan to try help him likewise will i do for anyone else that has this problem. This disscussion group is made to try to help people not put them down for having hardware/software issues.

Also my topic was locked.

Edited by ThreeMike

Mike, I'm not sure who closed your topic but you were told that your computer did not meet the minimum requirements (I didn't double check that answer) but if it were true, and I have no doubt that it was, then there was no use beating a dead horse. You can argue all you want but that won't change. Typically when a thread is closed, the OP is told why or there is a clear definitive answeer given.

Post that video that cd is asking for. Perhaps that will show somehting that was not considered originally.

The questions I asked are those that affect performance of the program. They were not meant to be anyting but honest questions trying to fix an issue. How was I to know that you had that other thread and were given an answer.

It seems that YOU are the one that is being rude in trying to get an answer that you like. Why do you think we are trying to be cheeky? Read the posts again without your prejudice and without you thinking that someone is trying to make fun of you.

I did make my own post adressing this issue, and yes this is the exact same problem, i aint a bad guy and i aint stupid either, but i find here when you ask for help you either get made out to be a moron or you get an arsey reply. If I find out why im having this problem I will be in touch with Ryan to try help him likewise will i do for anyone else that has this problem. This disscussion group is made to try to help people not put them down for having hardware/software issues.

Also my topic was locked.

I can get a DivX file captured and loaded into videowave through the Capture program or through the Videowave Editing program.

Download GSpot the free Codec Information Appliance (v2.70a - 22 Feb 2007 - Current Version), load one of these files into it and post a screen shot.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Post a small capture at upfordown (Up For Down - Free File Hosting and Sharing - 10GB of free storage) so we can download it and try to edit it in Videowave.

http://www.upfordown.com/

post-97-011886400 1333984429.jpg

post-97-053772100 1333983523.jpg

post-97-008098800 1333983525.jpg

post-97-080383200 1333983526.jpg

post-97-057549400 1333984285.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

I can get a DivX file captured and loaded into videowave through the Capture program or through the Videowave Editing program.

Download GSpot the free Codec Information Appliance (v2.70a - 22 Feb 2007 - Current Version), load one of these files into it and post a screen shot.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Post a small capture at upfordown (Up For Down - Free File Hosting and Sharing - 10GB of free storage) so we can download it and try to edit it in Videowave.

http://www.upfordown.com/

post-97-011886400 1333984429.jpg

post-97-053772100 1333983523.jpg

post-97-008098800 1333983525.jpg

post-97-080383200 1333983526.jpg

post-97-057549400 1333984285.jpg

I couldn't upload to the site that you recomeded so i used mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?y9y4ftdh66621tn

Edited by ryan21030

I couldn't upload to the site that you recomeded so i used mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?y9y4ftdh66621tn

No problem opening your DivX file in videowave.

GSpot looks the same on my system for both files except the audio kb/s.

You need to download GSpot and post a screen shot so I can compare.

post-97-038545400 1334000510.jpg

post-97-004683500 1334000512.jpg

No problem opening your DivX file in videowave.

GSpot looks the same on my system for both files except the audio kb/s.

You need to download GSpot and post a screen shot so I can compare.

post-97-038545400 1334000510.jpg

post-97-004683500 1334000512.jpg

yes, and mine displays the same, i have the codec

post-103511-007764800 1335141467.png

[EDIT] looking back my picture isnt the same but that is what it comes up with.

Edited by Damo

yes, and mine displays the same, i have the codec

post-103511-007764800 1335141467.png

[EDIT] looking back my picture isnt the same but that is what it comes up with.

post-97-034188200 1335192630.jpg

I have found out that if you have a Divx player installed on your computer, you will get this problem. If you have a Divx player installed, uninstall it and see what happens.

I have found out that if you have a Divx player installed on your computer, you will get this problem. If you have a Divx player installed, uninstall it and see what happens.

I have this installed..

post-97-051091800 1335622777.jpg

I have this installed..

post-97-051091800 1335622777.jpg

I had that installed as well and once I uninstalled it, I was able to to edit the Divx capture. This is just a suggestion, because I do not see any other suggestions at the moment. The worst thing that can happen is you have to re-install the divx player. Did you install it after you installed RGC? Or Before?