joca

My Dvd Burn Problem

Question

Recently I had an issue with some effect apps missing. On the advice of CDanteek I ran a repair which corrected these missing files however I still have a problem burning an image file in MyDVD.

When I offer a near 4 gig project to my dvd to burn an image file it burns but only 1.99 gig to be sure I did this three times (quite an investment in time)

approx half the original file. As far as I can see the project settings are correct. media selector is greyed out. Can't find where to selct a media setting. but it is already to set to 4.7 in my dvd

When I offer the same file to copy & convert for image burn it does it perfectly

Recently I had an issue with some effect apps missing. On the advice of CDanteek I ran a repair which corrected these missing files however I still have a problem burning an image file in MyDVD.

When I offer a near 4 gig project to my dvd to burn an image file it burns but only 1.99 gig to be sure I did this three times (quite an investment in time)

approx half the original file. As far as I can see the project settings are correct. media selector is greyed out. Can't find where to selct a media setting. but it is already to set to 4.7 in my dvd

When I offer the same file to copy & convert for image burn it does it perfectly

joca, you have posted long enough to know we don't have a clue what your talking about unless you explain it in detail!

Tell us what "does it perfectly" mean?

What's different burning in VCC compared to MY DVD?

joca, you have posted long enough to know we don't have a clue what your talking about unless you explain it in detail!

Tell us what "does it perfectly" mean?

What's different burning in VCC compared to MY DVD?

OK "does it perfectly" means that in copy & burn my 3.8 gig project burns an image file to the exact size of 3.8 (the whole project) it is complete when put to disk I have a completed project

but in MyDVD the same 3.8 gig file only burns an image file to the size of 1.99 gig so the project is only half of what it should be. When put to disk I have only half the project.

OK "does it perfectly" means that in copy & burn my 3.8 gig project burns an image file to the exact size of 3.8 (the whole project) it is complete when put to disk I have a completed project

but in MyDVD the same 3.8 gig file only burns an image file to the size of 1.99 gig so the project is only half of what it should be. When put to disk I have only half the project.

Details details!

What type of file are you loading into My DVD and Video Copy and Convert not "copy & burn".

What type of project are you choosing?

What are your output and quality settings in both programs?

Details details!

What type of file are you loading into My DVD and Video Copy and Convert not "copy & burn".

What type of project are you choosing?

What are your output and quality settings in both programs?

Sorry of course copy & convert.

The project in both cases is identical.

burning to image in copy & convert from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig result image 3.88gig

burning to image in MyDVD direct from VW file size 3.88gig result image 1.99gig

in both cases i.e. burn to file set and burn to image the project settings are identical preset high quality/ PAL / 720x576 / bitrate 9.00 / interlaced

Sorry of course copy & convert.

The project in both cases is identical.

burning to image in copy & convert from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig result image 3.88gig

burning to image in MyDVD direct from VW file size 3.88gig result image 1.99gig

in both cases i.e. burn to file set and burn to image the project settings are identical preset high quality/ PAL / 720x576 / bitrate 9.00 / interlaced

I haven't seen that and makes me think something is set different!

Who/what made the "from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig"?

What does it have for audio?

What audio setting in My DVD?

What audio setting in VCC?

I haven't seen that and makes me think something is set different!

Who/what made the "from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig"?

What does it have for audio?

What audio setting in My DVD?

What audio setting in VCC?

Who/what made the "from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig"? Me in VW via MyDVD

What does it have for audio? Both onboard and music track but not at the same time

What audio setting in My DVD? Adio format MPEG 1 bitrate 384 Kbs

What audio setting in VCC? All/ unspecified / format MPEG 2

NEVER been happy with File Size as a measure of anything… :(

Still it can be symptomatic, so let’s dig in a little ;)

What is the LENGTH of the project in the VIDEO_TS Folder?

What is the Capacity of the Disc’s you are burning it to?

If all you want is a copy, have you tried Burn Data Disc? ~ no settings to tinker with, just insert a Blank DVD and paste your VIDEO_TS Folder into BDD…

Who/what made the "from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig"? Me in VW via MyDVD

What does it have for audio? Both onboard and music track but not at the same time

What audio setting in My DVD? Adio format MPEG 1 bitrate 384 Kbs

What audio setting in VCC? All/ unspecified / format MPEG 2

???

post-97-031056500 1334340348.jpg

???

post-97-031056500 1334340348.jpg

CD it was in copy and Convert -------- copy selected burnt image of VIDEO_TS here

never used the convert video

CD it was in copy and Convert -------- copy selected burnt image of VIDEO_TS here

never used the convert video

post-97-028606400 1334341806.jpg

post-97-028606400 1334341806.jpg

Agreed what I gave you was from the options menu inC&C copy

Agreed what I gave you was from the options menu inC&C copy

What is C&C Copy? :unsure:

I use VCC as a abbreviation for the application that is part of Roxio Creator 2012 called Video Copy and Convert.

What is C&C Copy? :unsure:

I use VCC as a abbreviation for the application that is part of Roxio Creator 2012 called Video Copy and Convert.

in Copy and Convert. Using application copy DVD, .to burn a image of a VIDEO_TS file folder

Edited by joca

in Copy and Convert. Using application copy DVD, .to burn a image of a VIDEO_TS file folder

You keep saying that you have an "image of a Video-Ts file folder".

You can have an image file aka ISO or you can have a folder set. Which do you have?

I guess it would be possible to make an ISO file from a folder set but that would not be a very common process/procedure.

Please clarify. :unsure:

You keep saying that you have an "image of a Video-Ts file folder".

You can have an image file aka ISO or you can have a folder set. Which do you have?

I guess it would be possible to make an ISO file from a folder set but that would not be a very common process/procedure.

Please clarify. :unsure:

Post #5..

"burning to image in copy & convert from file set VIDEO TS "

Post #7...

"Who/what made the "from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig"? Me in VW via MyDVD"

Post #5..

"burning to image in copy & convert from file set VIDEO TS "

Post #7...

"Who/what made the "from file set VIDEO TS size of file 3.88gig"? Me in VW via MyDVD"

I don't understand your point?

Joca has previously said that if he tries to make an ISO image, he gets a folder set. Am I misunderstanding somethiing?

Why does one try to burn an ISO image from a "file set Video-TS" when all they have to do is use the folder set to burn a disc? See post #14

I thnk we have a technical terminology barrier. I think Joca must be more accurate in what he is saying (example ISo ffrom Ts file, the name of the applications (VCC) or CopyCC)

Edited by sknis

Joca has previously said that if he tries to make an ISO image, he gets a folder set.

Am I misunderstanding somethiing?

Why does one try to burn an ISO image from a "file set Video-TS" when all they have to do is use the folder set to burn a disc? See post #14

I thnk we have a technical terminology barrier. I think Joca must be more accurate in what he is saying (example ISo ffrom Ts file, the name of the applications (VCC) or CopyCC)

Question quoted and answered in post #16.

Not in this post.

Yes..

Joca has previously said that if he tries to make an ISO image, he gets a folder set. Am I misunderstanding somethiing?

Joca has previously said that if he tries to make an ISO image, he gets a folder set. Am I misunderstanding somethiing? Yes because I,ve never said that

Why does one try to burn an ISO image from a "file set Video-TS" when all they have to do is use the folder set to burn a disc? See post #14 Because I need an ISO for multi burning but. not all at the same time. There may well be other ways to do this but doing it from an ISO is the way that I know

I thnk we have a technical terminology barrier. I think Joca must be more accurate in what he is saying (example ISo ffrom Ts file, the name of the applications (VCC) or CopyCC) Yes I concede that I am probably not using the correct terminology and abbreviations. but then most of the time I don't know what they are until pointed out. hence CDanteek questions

OK forget the fact that I have been successeful in burning an image in CopyCC

The problem remains that a project of 3.88gig Edited in VW / sent to MYDVD / select to burn an IMAGE FILE ISO / Result a ISO file of only 1.99gig WHY?

NOW expand the issue

The exact same project in VW / sent to MYDVD / select to burn a FOLDER SET / then sent to CopyCC / select to burn an IMAGE ISO / from the VIDEO_TS / Result a ISO file of 3.88gig PERFECT

What program are you using to make the ISO from a folder set?

Why just you just save the folder set for future burns?

Edited by sknis

[snip]

Joca has previously said that if he tries to make an ISO image, he gets a folder set. Am I misunderstanding somethiing? Yes because I,ve never said that

Maybe not in this thread, but you did in one of your other threads, starting with this post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/81234-splitting-a-vw-file/page__view__findpost__p__405566

What program are you using to make the ISO from a folder set?

Why just you just save the folder set for future burns?

Aw C'mon Steve I have laid it out as best I can. If you are confused as to what programme I am using then I don't know what else to say.

• Like 1

Maybe not in this thread, but you did in one of your other threads, starting with this post:

http://forums.suppor...post__p__405566

you are talking about was a completely non associated thread with the use of an encoded file and was referring to burning a split file

AND I said Quote

BUT I am definately not out putting to file folders but image iso

• Like 1

The conflicting statements point to the difficulties we have understanding you :lol:

It goes beyond the usual 'separated by a common language' by several levels ;)

The conflicting statements point to the difficulties we have understanding you :lol:

It goes beyond the usual 'separated by a common language' by several levels ;)

If you cannot understand what I am writing then you obviously don't know the answer to the problem blink.gif

It's funny that CDanteek seems to be the only person that knows what I am talking about.

• Like 1

If you cannot understand what I am writing then you obviously don't know the answer to the problem blink.gif

It's funny that CDanteek seems to be the only person that knows what I am talking about.

In that case, I think the rest of us have finished with this thread. Let CD get you fixed up.

Goodbye.