Sign in to follow this  
JustPayne

4:3 Aspect Ratio When Uploaded

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi I am able to record everything fine, and when I preview it in VLC media player it is 16:9, but then I upload it to Youtube and it displays as 4:3. Is there a way sort this out?

This is how it looks on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpm-FufHkhk

Many thanks

Have you tried to use the You Tube uploader? I have recently uploaded some 16 by 9 videos using that and they uploaded properly. Why such a low resolution?

What does VLC player SAY about the files? Or simply rioght click on the file and select properties, then details. Does that say that the videos are 16 by 9 ratio?

Edited by sknis

Have you tried to use the You Tube uploader? I have recently uploaded some 16 by 9 videos using that and they uploaded properly. Why such a low resolution?

What does VLC player SAY about the files? Or simply rioght click on the file and select properties, then details. Does that say that the videos are 16 by 9 ratio?

I've tried using the Youtube uploader and I always get an error, this is what the properties are of the video:

10395wi.jpg

EDIT: I have now been able to use the Youtube uploader, and is 16:9, but why must I use the youtube uploader to gain 16:9 aspect ratio?

Edited by JustPayne

I've tried using the Youtube uploader and I always get an error, this is what the properties are of the video:

10395wi.jpg

EDIT: I have now been able to use the Youtube uploader, and is 16:9, but why must I use the youtube uploader to gain 16:9 aspect ratio?

For some reason, your file is showing a 4 by 3 ratio -- standard definition; not HD (720 or 1080) . I don't know why but it is. Use the uploader for now.

For some reason, your file is showing a 4 by 3 ratio -- standard definition; not HD (720 or 1080) . I don't know why but it is. Use the uploader for now.

Ok thank you for your help.