• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Crashes Only When Adding Mkv Blu-Ray Video

CorvairShaggy

Question

My system is a custom built Amd Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz, 8 Gig DDR3 RAM, plenty of hard drive space, ATI Dual-DVI out HD3600 Series (weak, I know). Running Windows 7 64-bit. Have latest drivers, DirectX, etc. (dxdiag says I have the latest directx 11, but if I remember correctly the video card is only compatible up to 10, but requirements for Roxio 2012 is only 9, so should be good).

If I build a standard DVD and add files, it works just fine. Problem is I can create a Blu-Ray project with intro video (mpeg2), multiple submenus, background changes, menu audio, etc. BUT, when I go to add new movie and I open the folder I have the MKV video files in (only 6 files in folder), it usually crashes while loading the thumbnail views, ot it will just completely kick-out of the program. I have tried software and video rendering, with no success. If I go and add an AVI or some other kind of non-bluray video, it will add just fine. Also, once it crashes, it will keep crashing, but if I reboot and go and add the file, it will add 1, but then it will crash on the next time I add a file, and will keep crashing until I reboot. Does not matter if I do a new project and add the video first thing, or if I open my saved menu project. I guess I could add the videos one at a time and save the project, reboot and add again, but I would have to reboot about 30 times before I get the disc built, then who knows if it will actualy recode and burn. Any thoughts???

6 answers to this question

My system is a custom built Amd Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz, 8 Gig DDR3 RAM, plenty of hard drive space, ATI Dual-DVI out HD3600 Series (weak, I know). Running Windows 7 64-bit. Have latest drivers, DirectX, etc. (dxdiag says I have the latest directx 11, but if I remember correctly the video card is only compatible up to 10, but requirements for Roxio 2012 is only 9, so should be good).

If I build a standard DVD and add files, it works just fine. Problem is I can create a Blu-Ray project with intro video (mpeg2), multiple submenus, background changes, menu audio, etc. BUT, when I go to add new movie and I open the folder I have the MKV video files in (only 6 files in folder), it usually crashes while loading the thumbnail views, ot it will just completely kick-out of the program. I have tried software and video rendering, with no success. If I go and add an AVI or some other kind of non-bluray video, it will add just fine. Also, once it crashes, it will keep crashing, but if I reboot and go and add the file, it will add 1, but then it will crash on the next time I add a file, and will keep crashing until I reboot. Does not matter if I do a new project and add the video first thing, or if I open my saved menu project. I guess I could add the videos one at a time and save the project, reboot and add again, but I would have to reboot about 30 times before I get the disc built, then who knows if it will actualy recode and burn. Any thoughts???

Post a small sample file/s of those MKV video files at upfordown, so we can play with it.

http://www.upfordown.com/

Then post the link here...

OK I played around with it, and used another MKV file that I have. Single file in single folder. Using the basic menu system, I made a blu-ray, and it said it was succesful. When I put it in my LG Player, it gives disc error and spits it out. If I use Nero Video 11 using the same file, it burns and works perfectly. Also, with Roxio 12, If I create a new blu-ray project, create several sub-menus, change menu background/audio, add slideshow pictures, it will burn succesful, but again it gives the disc read error on the player. I have not tried the discs on another bluray player, but just seems weird that Nero 11 will work perfect, but so far I have been unsuccesful in getting Roxio to work for a blu-ray. I really like Roxio's menu building system (with sub-menus), which is something that Nero lacks, as well as Xillisoft and other blu-ray burning software. So, I would like to get Roxio to work unless someone knows of another Blu-ray software that has a good menu with submenu creation.

Thanks!

There is no such thing as 'Roxio 12'... There is a Creator 2012 which consists of 'Version 13' modules :lol: Use the proper names so we don't get more confused than we already are ;)

Generally speaking, the majority of us NEVER burn directly to disc with any complex Project :huh:

We burn either to an ISO file or a Folder Set, then use Burn Data Disc or Video Copy and Convert to burn that to the actual disc! (my personal favorites are Folder & BDD)

It just works!

When you burn directly to disc there is a lot going on and it proves to be Hit or Miss... 'Miss' is frustrating :angry2: But the other methods seem to work about 99.99% of the time.