• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bugly

emc 8 upgrade finally?!?!

Question

ok....so i've been like a crazed person searching for this EMC8 upgrade to the deluxe version, minus the unneccessary dazzle card, that was promised way back in April. After rereading all the posts again, to be sure i didn't miss anything...I finally called inside sales and they said the upgrade is finally available. :) but only to those who have recently purchased the suite software. how recent she did not say. Anyhow...1/2 way thru the upgrade process (which costs $20 for the upgrade) her computer locked up and she has to call me back. whether or not that happens, I am sufficiently excited that it seems possible to finally unlock all the greyed out features of SUITE without having to drop the money on DELUXE suite too. Has anyone else done this already??? Has it been posted and i am just blind?!?!

25 answers to this question

ok....so i've been like a crazed person searching for this EMC8 upgrade to the deluxe version, minus the unneccessary dazzle card, that was promised way back in April. After rereading all the posts again, to be sure i didn't miss anything...I finally called inside sales and they said the upgrade is finally available. :) but only to those who have recently purchased the suite software. how recent she did not say. Anyhow...1/2 way thru the upgrade process (which costs $20 for the upgrade) her computer locked up and she has to call me back. whether or not that happens, I am sufficiently excited that it seems possible to finally unlock all the greyed out features of SUITE without having to drop the money on DELUXE suite too. Has anyone else done this already??? Has it been posted and i am just blind?!?!

I've not seen or heard of this yet.....guess it's good news. Better late than never.

Yea, the upgrades here, and its true!

The only downside is that the dazzle is not included, and you will have to purchase it seperately.

****update****

lo and behold...they actually called back with the info!!! it is installing as i write...but you can only get it if you call the inside sales department. the sales rep said that there would not be a mass mailing going out about it. so pass it along if you know of someone that needs it!!

as noted and repeated...no dazzle equipment (tough to download that...haha)...but i didn't need it anyhow. woo hoo! :):huh:

You have GOT to be kidding. The message I got from Support this morning says that no upgrade exists, you have to buy the complete Deluxe Suite, and yes, I made clear that I just bought the regular Suite a week ago.

it is installing as i write

I hope that install goes well. On the internet, antivirus, and firewall running why installing a program update!

cdanteek

Yea, the upgrades here, and its true!

The only downside is that the dazzle is not included, and you will have to purchase it seperately.

Where is this upgrade link at? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Where is this upgrade link at? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

The upgrade is available, but you have to call the sales line and do a phone order. It costs $19.99, and they will provide a download link and a new serial number just for the upgrade. Once installed properly, you will see both your original and new product versions when checking the "About" in Creator Classic. Also, your Roxio home page when loading the product will now say Deluxe Suite in the title bar.

Hope this information helps.

Dennis Strickland

The upgrade is available, but you have to call the sales line and do a phone order. It costs $19.99, and they will provide a download link and a new serial number just for the upgrade. Once installed properly, you will see both your original and new product versions when checking the "About" in Creator Classic. Also, your Roxio home page when loading the product will now say Deluxe Suite in the title bar.

Hope this information helps.

Dennis Strickland

Thats great if you live in U.S or Canada but what about overseas users the phone call could cost me more than

price to upgrade.

You have GOT to be kidding. The message I got from Support this morning says that no upgrade exists, you have to buy the complete Deluxe Suite, and yes, I made clear that I just bought the regular Suite a week ago.

hey...they called it a 1999 update...perhaps if you ask for that??? sounds stupid...but twice (her name was Kathy) she refered to it as that number. good luck.

hey...they called it a 1999 update...perhaps if you ask for that??? sounds stupid...but twice (her name was Kathy) she refered to it as that number. good luck.

Here is the information from the invoice e-mailed to me. I have obviously left out the serial number for the upgrade.

Product SKU: ESD-223900DIR

Product Name: Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe Suite - ESD UG/EM

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $19.99

Knowing this SKU may help if you get a rep who is not familiar with the upgrade.

Dennis Strickland

Here is the information from the invoice e-mailed to me. I have obviously left out the serial number for the upgrade.

Knowing this SKU may help if you get a rep who is not familiar with the upgrade.

Dennis Strickland

i second that info..... and the inside sales rep lady's name was Kathy/cathy/kathie (one of them) ask for her. i had to call her twice and the second time i got another call handler, i mentioned her by first name only and he knew exactly who it was... GL!

i second that info..... and the inside sales rep lady's name was Kathy/cathy/kathie (one of them) ask for her. i had to call her twice and the second time i got another call handler, i mentioned her by first name only and he knew exactly who it was... GL!

Good to see you all happy now over this upgrade thing... i still think the dazzel DV90 unit are great and worth the money if you import media reguly, but any how im glad that you guys have a resolve.

****update****

lo and behold...they actually called back with the info!!! it is installing as i write...but you can only get it if you call the inside sales department. the sales rep said that there would not be a mass mailing going out about it. so pass it along if you know of someone that needs it!!

as noted and repeated...no dazzle equipment (tough to download that...haha)...but i didn't need it anyhow. woo hoo! :huh::D

This is great news. However, being a loyal user of EMC and a frequent contributor to this discussion group, I've been waiting for this promised upgrade and just feel disappointed that one has to know the upgrade availability through words of mouth instead of the usual mass emailing of announcement regarding product upgrade. There was even a discussion thread here since April wondering about the release date of the promised upgrade.

I would not have known about this discounted upgrade if I didn't happen to drop by this thread. I feel sorry for those other users interested in the discounted upgrade but haven't seen this thread yet.

Based on feedback to date on this topic, it sounds like the upgrade offer is being kept to a minimum exposure. :)

Edited by malatekid

i still think the dazzel DV90 unit are great and worth the money if you import media

Dazzle DVC90

Dazzle DVC90 Digital Video Creator 90, at Tigerdirect.com for $39, I have seen it as low as $29 on sale.

just feel bad that one has to know the upgrade availability through words of mouth instead of the usual mass emailing of announcement regarding product upgrade. There was even a discussion thread here since April wondering about the release date of the promised upgrade.

Based on feedback to date on this topic, it sounds like the upgrade offer is being kept to a minimum exposure.

Agree malatekid, with 46 posts in that thread to date. Even a couple of the big hitters stopping by and commenting, I see your disappointment!

cdanteek

Dennis Strickland

Didn't work for me. :) I just talked to Kathie (sp?) at inside sales. She said the $20 upgrade was only available if I bought the home (non-deluxe) edition of EMC-8 shortly after it was first offered, i.e., back in January 2006 or something like that. I purchased mine July 4th. She said something about being able to "cancel" the order but I mentioned I had already applied for the $20 rebate and that ended that idea. Then I mentioned I had bought it at Best Buy and she said any refund or whatever would have to be taken up with Best Buy.

Possibly I could get some satisfaction from Best Buy (possibly not) but it isn't worth the hour of my time it would take to find out. The EMC8 version I have is too crippled for my main purpose (editing and authoring DVD's from MPEG video) and I have since found acceptable ways to do it much better with other software totalling $50 in cost (VideoReDo plus freeware).

Edited by Frenchtoast wtih Jam - I am looking into this issue myself.

Edited by frenchtoastwithjam

Didn't work for me. :) I just talked to Kathie (sp?) at inside sales. She said the $20 upgrade was only available if I bought the home (non-deluxe) edition of EMC-8 shortly after it was first offered, i.e., back in January 2006 or something like that. I purchased mine July 4th. She said something about being able to "cancel" the order but I mentioned I had already applied for the $20 rebate and that ended that idea. Then I mentioned I had bought it at Best Buy and she said any refund or whatever would have to be taken up with Best Buy.

Possibly I could get some satisfaction from Best Buy (possibly not) but it isn't worth the hour of my time it would take to find out. The EMC8 version I have is too crippled for my main purpose (editing and authoring DVD's from MPEG video) and I have since found acceptable ways to do it much better with other software totalling $50 in cost (VideoReDo plus freeware).

What the heck? That does not seem right. You should be able to get the $20 upgrade if you have a registered version of the standard EMC 8. I am surprised.

hey....um...perhaps that lady hit the ol' pipe just before your conversation, but i had just bought my emc8 2 months ago! and i might be blonde, but that still doesn't make it January!! call back and get someone else!!!!

hey....um...perhaps that lady hit the ol' pipe just before your conversation, but i had just bought my emc8 2 months ago! and i might be blonde, but that still doesn't make it January!! call back and get someone else!!!!

Did any of you who were able to get the $20 upgrade buy your EMC8 on CD from a retailer, like me?

Did any of you who were able to get the $20 upgrade buy your EMC8 on CD from a retailer, like me?

yup... target, i think is where we bought it. then i called for the upgrade.

That sounds really strange to me. I called myself today and talked to someone at Roxio briefly who then told me I needed to speak to someone in direct sales, which is option#1 after you call the main customer service number. I then chose option #1 and spoke to a nice representative named Ryan. After I explained to him what I was wanting to purchase, the $19.99 upgrade, he then said I can find that for you hold on a minute. He then promptly came back, took my customer info & CC and then gave me my order number. I quickly received an order confirmation email from Sonic with the donwload link.

Anyway, I just finished installing the upgrade which went in no problem and so far it appears to have turned my standard verison into the deluxe. Overall I am happy with their customer service and Ryan in particular who was really great, however I find it strange that some people are getting the upgrade no problem while others are reporting problems trying to get it. It must have something to do with the rep you get. When you call try asking for Ryan. I bet you will get your upgrade.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Hi

I just phoned for the upgrade got it no problem i was'nt asked when it was purchased. Only took about 5 min on the phone which was a good thing since I'm in Australia.

Hi

I just phoned for the upgrade got it no problem i was'nt asked when it was purchased. Only took about 5 min on the phone which was a good thing since I'm in Australia.

Thats really good. I was wondering if you registered your new upgrade cd key in your account on Roxio? I was not able to register mine with the new cd key and instead it had just shown up as an extra creator 8 with the same old cd key. I posted this as a new topic and one of the adminstrators has already said he is looking into it for me but I am curious if it was just my account or if others have the same issue.

Thats really good. I was wondering if you registered your new upgrade cd key in your account on Roxio? I was not able to register mine with the new cd key and instead it had just shown up as an extra creator 8 with the same old cd key. I posted this as a new topic and one of the adminstrators has already said he is looking into it for me but I am curious if it was just my account or if others have the same issue.

Same here. Let us know when you get a reply.

Nice seeing your posts again Alan. "Keep them tires lit up man" !! :)

Frank....

Just so everyone is aware, we are going to go ahead and honor the upgrade price for people that have called so far, but going forward they are considering the offer expired. Part of the problem is the recent drop in price of the software and some other software that is being released soon. Just an FYI.