• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

psueric

Videowave - Sound Problem

Question

I'm having a problem with Videowave 2012, when trying to process an HD Video file from my canon 310hs p&s camera.

I drag the file into my timeline, and when I preview the video, the video plays at about 1.5 speed, so the video for a 15 second clip will end by 10 seconds, and the remainder of the video will have no sound.

If I show the native track, the track appears to have audio right up to the end.

If I go into timeline, and start the video 10 seconds into the 15 second clip, I get sound for the first 3 seconds, and then the sound finishes, and there's no sound for the last 2 seconds.

If I double click the video, and open it in "video trimmer" and play it from there, it plays fine, with no sound problems.

This problem seems to occur for any files which are created by this camera.

If I output the video to any of various formats, the sound on the output file plays too quickly, and ends before the video clip.

If I load the same video file into videowave 2010, the video processes fine, with no signs of the above problem.

I've uploaded a sample video file to http://www.theruthfamily.com/sample

3 answers to this question

I'm having a problem with Videowave 2012, when trying to process an HD Video file from my canon 310hs p&s camera.

I drag the file into my timeline, and when I preview the video, the video plays at about 1.5 speed, so the video for a 15 second clip will end by 10 seconds, and the remainder of the video will have no sound.

If I show the native track, the track appears to have audio right up to the end.

If I go into timeline, and start the video 10 seconds into the 15 second clip, I get sound for the first 3 seconds, and then the sound finishes, and there's no sound for the last 2 seconds.

If I double click the video, and open it in "video trimmer" and play it from there, it plays fine, with no sound problems.

If I output the video to any of various formats, the sound on the output file plays too quickly, and ends before the video clip.

If I load the same video file into videowave 2010, the video processes fine, with no signs of the above problem.

This is a frequently seen issue raised for certain types of video formats -mov especially. . It did not happen in Creator 2010 but has in Creator 2011 and Creator 2012. Roxio knows about it but has not done anything about it.

1) Use Video Copy and Convert to convert the video to an mpg2 files.

2) Try converting the file to am mpg2 files using the DivX converter (if you have it).

3) Use a third party converter (like Any Video Converter) to convert it to an mpg2 file.

Edited by sknis

I just downloaded it and used DivX Plus Convertor and converted it to a MKV, H264 file and it plays fine in C2012 Videowave.

post-97-053847600 1335049328.jpg

That's what I love about this community. Quick responses, and workable solutions. (Even if the software sometimes dissapoints... )

Thanks for taking the time to respond.