lkrupp

Spin Doctor X = Trash

Question

Just my opinion, of course, but Spin Doctor X is the biggest piece of trash ever foisted on Toast users. I recently bought Toast Titanium 11 as part of a bundle, having used Toast since at least version 6 and having dutifully upgraded through version 10. I didn't upgrade when Toast 11 came out because I was relatively satisfied with the product. Then came the bundle offer and I thought "why not." Boy am I glad I didn't delete Toast 10. At least Spin Doctor 6.1.2 works pretty well. Spin Doctor X, on the other hand, failed to record a complete analog LP, stopping randomly in the middle of a track. Manually defining tracks is impossible.

Spin Doctor X, this steaming pile of manure, simply doesn't work AND Roxio has not fixed anything since the day it was released A FULL YEAR AGO!

One strike and you're out for me. Future upgrades of Toast are history for this user. This debacle called Toast 11 makes me think Toast is on its way out. How dare Roxio ship a non functioning application and then refuse to fix it. The mind boggles.

4 answers to this question

You won't find anyone disagreeing with your opinion of Spin Doctor X. But that isn't Toast. If you bought the bundle to get Spin Doctor X then I understand the extent of your upset, but it is just one worthless app in a bundle that has a lot of pretty good stuff. By the way, check the developers sites for the third-party Pro bundle apps for possible updates to bundled versions.

Just my opinion, of course, but Spin Doctor X is the biggest piece of trash ever foisted on Toast users. I recently bought Toast Titanium 11 as part of a bundle, having used Toast since at least version 6 and having dutifully upgraded through version 10. I didn't upgrade when Toast 11 came out because I was relatively satisfied with the product. Then came the bundle offer and I thought "why not." Boy am I glad I didn't delete Toast 10. At least Spin Doctor 6.1.2 works pretty well. Spin Doctor X, on the other hand, failed to record a complete analog LP, stopping randomly in the middle of a track. Manually defining tracks is impossible.

Spin Doctor X, this steaming pile of manure, simply doesn't work AND Roxio has not fixed anything since the day it was released A FULL YEAR AGO!

One strike and you're out for me. Future upgrades of Toast are history for this user. This debacle called Toast 11 makes me think Toast is on its way out. How dare Roxio ship a non functioning application and then refuse to fix it. The mind boggles.

See the post here for a FREE very viable alternative to CDSD.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/81191-spin-doctor-doesnt-work/

You won't find anyone disagreeing with your opinion of Spin Doctor X. But that isn't Toast. If you bought the bundle to get Spin Doctor X then I understand the extent of your upset, but it is just one worthless app in a bundle that has a lot of pretty good stuff. By the way, check the developers sites for the third-party Pro bundle apps for possible updates to bundled versions.

Not directed at Toast per-say, just Spin Doctor X. Toast 10 works just fine for me and I assume Toast 11 will too. Spin Doctor has always had the potential to be a really great app for transcribing LPs and such but it has never lived up to the hype. The really galling thing is that Roxio just doesn't seem to give a #$^@.

I'm with you on this, lkrupp. There are lots of major problems with Spin Doctor X documented in this forum. It was advertised as pert of the Toast 11 package, and should be made to work.

BTW, it's per se, Latin for "by or in itself". Nothing to do with saying anything. And never hyphenated :)