Disc Cover 2 - Please Help.

RubyMackinnon

Question

Hello there, I have Disc Cover 2 as part of Popcorn 4, and right now it is defeating me! I had a problem with the software not opening, I had used it many times before but then I had to repair permissions on my computer. Well now it opens fine, which is good, but I have another problem:

I want to print directly on a DVD, which used to work fine, but now doesn't. I have an HP Photosmart D5160 which is linked up to my laptop now. I have a DVD tray inserted in the printer. I have designed a DVD design to print directly onto a printable DVD (I used to do this many times before the software stopped opening), now when I go to Page set up I select Paper Size: CD/DVD 120mm, and then click ok. Then I click print. On the options: there is, Output: Direct to CD/DVD (which is correct) Tray Type: HP Photosmart series (CD Tray) = also correct, and it all looks fine. I click next and the following window comes up, and I click print but then it prints on the paper and will not accept the dvd tray. It gives me a message telling me to take out the tray. I went back and checked the settings on the final window that opens before printing, and if I go to the drop down menu and select paper type/quality, and try and select source: cd/dvd tray it won't let me and gives me a message:

Print settings mismatch

The paper size selected is not supported by CD/DVD tray. To print with the CD/DVD tray, go to the Page Setup dialog, choose a CD/DVD paper size, and then return to the Print dialog.

This is very frustrating. Please if anyone has any advice I would be very grateful. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

You might try one of the Disc Cover RE updates available here. They also offer an upgrade to the full current version for $19.95.

One thing I've done with my Epson printer is to make a PDF of the Disc Cover project and use it as the art within the printer's own disc-cover application. Choose Print from Disc Cover and then choose Save as PDF from the print dialog box.

Hey thanks for your advice! I will try the things you suggested. One thing I realised i forgot to mention that maybe is relevant, is that in order to get Disc Cover to open (when it had stopped opening after I repaired permissions) I followed advice from a forum and trashed the preferences: 'com.roxio.Popcorn.plist' file. This worked and the software opened after that but I wonder if this is what caused the problem with the printer/software communication. Thanks again for your help!