• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I am having the same issue here.

dank69

Question

Hello. New to this forum. I am having the same issue here. First, the sw went into a "not responding" mode and the screen froze when I opened the capture mode. Uninstalled the sw and re-installed it. It work and I was able to record. However; after capturing I noticed question marks on the videos. Didn't think much of it at first. Went into edit mode and tried to edit the video. The videos display a circle with a line threw it. When I dragged and dropped it in a message comes up. "one of more of the files you are trying to add cannot be edited, and have not been added". The videos were recorded in DIVX format. However; if I go to were the file is stored, I can open it and watch it with the DIVX player.

I decided I was going to try and record another one. Just to be sure. But, when I tried to open my capture, once again I got a not responding message and the screen froze up. Below is my cpu specs. Gspot image. Any help on this would be appreciated...

CPU

2.5-GHz Intel Core i5-2520M

Operating System MS Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)

RAM

4GB

Hard Drive Size

500GB

Hard Drive Speed

7,200rpm

Hard Drive Type

SATA Hard Drive

Display Size

Native Resolution

1600x900

Optical Drive

DVD /-RW/ R DL

Optical Drive Speed

8X

Graphics Card

Nvidia NVS 4200M / Intel Intregrated Graphics 3000

Video Memory

1GB

Wi-Fi

802.11a/g/n

Wi-Fi Model Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

Bluetooth

Mobile Broadband

Touchpad Size 3 x 1.75 inches

Ports (excluding USB)

DisplayPort; Ethernet; Firewire 400; Kensington Lock; USB/eSATA; VGA

USB Ports

Card Slots

4-1 card reader; ExpressCard/34

Warranty/Support One year standard parts and labor

Size 13.4 x 9 x 1-inch / 13.5 x 10 x 1-inch (with 9-cell)

Weight 5.2 pounds

ROXIOGSPOT.jpg

4 answers to this question

Do you have a ton of other programs, internet, antivirus/Firewall all running with the RGC?

If so you could see the "not responding" until your PC catches up?

Or it could be a botched installation?

Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products, http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN

Any other DivX installed on the PC?

Do you have a ton of other programs, internet, antivirus/Firewall all running with the RGC?

dank69: There are certain sw running in the background, virus protection, etc.. but I do not have them open at the time of installation, nor do they pop up during installation. I will have to re-install again and disable those programs.

dank69: I don't think so. I waited quite long until I decided to close the program with task manager..

Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products, http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN

dank69: All window updates and device drivers have been updated. The only thing on this list is to disable all before installation.

dank69: The only other Divx I have is the Divx player itself. That is how I am able to play the video I recorded. I don't know if this issue also is the same for wmv and avi. Right now I have only recorded in divx. But, now when I open the capture selection the video freezes and indicates a "no signal" in the status. Audio is fine.

I have also noticed this error when I open the game capture.

ROXIOservererror.jpg

Actually, I am able to edit wmv files. I had one that I created with Windows Movie Maker.

I have found out that if you have the Divx player installed on you computer, it conflicts with RGP. I have uninstalled the Divx player and now I am able to edit the Divx video I captured. One issue solved. Now, I will need to see if I still get the "no signal" and freezing issue.