• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ahren106

Black Screen Using A Non Hdtv. Need Help!

Question

i am getting a black screen and no signal on a standard tv. not sure what i am doing wrong and i was thinking that my computer doesnt meet requirements and or too slow.

24 answers to this question

i am getting a black screen and no signal on a standard tv. not sure what i am doing wrong and i was thinking that my computer doesnt meet requirements and or too slow.

Want to give us a clue about your computer so we can make a judgment?

Are you connected exactly the way the device is supposed to be set up or did you deviate even a little?

i went by this video when i hooked it up but i was going to try female connectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXJ1IQ29fYk

My computer is pentinium 4, windows xp

not sure if that helps

also the capture software states "Ready"

Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel?

so that means i do need the connector and i wont be able to do anything without it

and also audio is not coming through

Come back when you have it connected correctly anf then ask any questions that remain.

so that means i do need the connector and i wont be able to do anything without it

and also audio is not coming through

You will need the connector for the video signal, the Red/White audio leads are connected as shown in the video.Just make sure you plug the Red/White audio cord into the same input jacks (on TV) as you have the Yellow video cable plugged into.

Edited by ogdens

You will need the connector for the video signal, the Red/White audio leads are connected as shown in the video.Just make sure you plug the Red/White audio cord into the same input jacks (on TV) as you have the Yellow video cable plugged into.

i did exactly that and still black screen and the status says ready.

and video component is for the xbox right?

i went by this video when i hooked it up but i was going to try female connectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXJ1IQ29fYk

My computer is pentinium 4, windows xp

not sure if that helps

also the capture software states "Ready"

The Roxio game capture software calls for "Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz"

well really there is no real reason to get smart with me

You deserved it. Some people need to be slapped upside their heads in order to get them to listen. I had almost given up on this thread because you didn't listen nor provide all the information requested.

I asked for your computer specs in post #2 and you responded with the minimal information you had. You did not provide manufacturer or model number nor which of the Pentium 4 CPU you have. If you don't know about your computer, then download the free "Speccy" and post only the summary page so no keys are visible.

When was the last time you did ANY maintenance on your computer? When did you last update your video card/chip and audio drivers? Are you up to date on the Service Packs for Windows XP? Do all the updates and then come back.

There are no shortcuts to get this product to work correctly. You cannot juryrig anything just because you think it should work. mad.gif

You deserved it. Some people need to be slapped upside their heads in order to get them to listen. I had almost given up on this thread because you didn't listen nor provide all the information requested.

I asked for your computer specs in post #2 and you responded with the minimal information you had. You did not provide manufacturer or model number nor which of the Pentium 4 CPU you have. If you don't know about your computer, then download the free "Speccy" and post only the summary page so no keys are visible.

When was the last time you did ANY maintenance on your computer? When did you last update your video card/chip and audio drivers? Are you up to date on the Service Packs for Windows XP? Do all the updates and then come back.

There are no shortcuts to get this product to work correctly. You cannot juryrig anything just because you think it should work. mad.gif

by the way i did say that i didnt know much about it and you also said nothing about speccy you are supposed to help thats your job not to get smart beacuse im not sure of what im doin

by the way i did say that i didnt know much about it and you also said nothing about speccy you are supposed to help thats your job not to get smart beacuse im not sure of what im doin

It is not our job. This is not Roxio support so nobody here is "supposed to help"

I would suggest you call Roxio Customer service 1.877.582.6735 and see if they can help you.

I would suggest you call Roxio Customer service 1.877.582.6735 and see if they can help you.

why? so i can talk to people from india that i cant understand and they tell me i need the hdmi cables and i told them i already had them so nothing of that

why? so i can talk to people from india that i cant understand and they tell me i need the hdmi cables and i told them i already had them so nothing of that

If you hook it up the way it is shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMdluJIXNo

it will work. Oviously you are having trouble doing this. Can you get a neighbour/co-worker/relative who has some basic computer knowledge to come over and help you, you appear to be in over your head.

If not try this......... Tech. Support: during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST.

Edited by ogdens

If you hook it up the way it is shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMdluJIXNo

it will work. Oviously you are having trouble doing this. Can you get a neighbour/co-worker/relative who has some basic computer knowledge to come over and help you, you appear to be in over your head.

If not try this......... Tech. Support: during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST.

The OP stated he has a Pentium 4 which is below minimum requirements. Maybe that is why it does not work.

The OP stated he has a Pentium 4 which is below minimum requirements. Maybe that is why it does not work.

well i have the double ended connector hooked up to the video and i went by the video exactly and now im getting a new computer and yes one that meets requirements

Operating System

MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

CPU

Intel Pentium 4

Willamette 0.18um Technology

RAM

512 MB SDRAM @ 132MHz (3-3-3-6)

Motherboard

Dell Computer Corporation OptiPlex GX240 (Microprocessor)

Graphics

Acer V193 (1024x768@60Hz)

32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS (nVidia)

Hard Drives

39.1GB Western Digital WDC WD400BB-60DGA0 (PATA)

Optical Drives

ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P

Operating System

MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

CPU

Intel Pentium 4

Willamette 0.18um Technology

RAM

512 MB SDRAM @ 132MHz (3-3-3-6)

Motherboard

Dell Computer Corporation OptiPlex GX240 (Microprocessor)

Graphics

Acer V193 (1024x768@60Hz)

32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS (nVidia)

Hard Drives

39.1GB Western Digital WDC WD400BB-60DGA0 (PATA)

Optical Drives

ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P

I hope that is the old one. No wonder it doesn't work. That video card/chip is also not good enough.

Unless you have an objection, we should close this thread and you can start a new one when that new computer shows up.

I would suggest you call Roxio Customer service

What do you think Customer Service will do for him/her.?

I hope that is the old one. No wonder it doesn't work. That video card/chip is also not good enough.

Unless you have an objection, we should close this thread and you can start a new one when that new computer shows up.

ok well new computer most likely today and ill start a new one when its setup

What do you think Customer Service will do for him/her.?

thank you customer service is really bad and i had to hang up the phone because i couldnt understand anything other than HDMI thats is

thank you customer service is really bad and i had to hang up the phone because i couldnt understand anything other than HDMI thats is

What did you think Roxio was going to do about your old computer?.....this thread is dead.

If and when you get the new computer, start a new one.

PS

What did you really think that Customer service were going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ogdens