• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2012 Won't Burn Dual Layer Dvd

ridgerunner51

Question

I thought I should start a new topic rather than add on to my post below. I have defragged and uninstalled and re-installed Roxio Creator 2012. I think I have narrowed the problem to Creator 2012 will not burn a dual layer DVD. I am using the same brand of disc and the same DVD writer I used with Creator 2011. I never had this problem before. I desperately need to get this problem fixed. Has anyone experienced this issue and applied a fix?

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Ridgerunner,

Creator can encode/"burn" to a disc, an ISO image, or a DVD folder set. Which are you trying to do?

If you're having trouble burning to a disc, have you tried outputting your work to an ISO instead?

This way you can separate the encoding and building of the DVD from the actual burning to plastic.

-If the problem shows while making an ISO, then there's something wrong with the source or encoding or building the disc.

-If the ISO gets produced and can be played okay in something like the free VLC player, then you've eliminated encoding problems, and there's something wrong in the burning side of things.

-If you can burn the ISO to plastic with the free ImgBurn program then your hardware is okay, and there's something wrong in the Roxio burning setup.

Regards,

Brendon

Ridgerunner,

Creator can encode/"burn" to a disc, an ISO image, or a DVD folder set. Which are you trying to do?

If you're having trouble burning to a disc, have you tried outputting your work to an ISO instead?

This way you can separate the encoding and building of the DVD from the actual burning to plastic.

-If the problem shows while making an ISO, then there's something wrong with the source or encoding or building the disc.

-If the ISO gets produced and can be played okay in something like the free VLC player, then you've eliminated encoding problems, and there's something wrong in the burning side of things.

-If you can burn the ISO to plastic with the free ImgBurn program then your hardware is okay, and there's something wrong in the Roxio burning setup.

Regards,

Brendon

-I can create a DVD single layer ISO file and a folder set. I have not tried to burn a single layer DVD, because I have not needed to, since installing Creator 2012.

-I cannot create a DVD dual layer ISO file, folder set or DVD.

-I am using the same pc, burner and discs that I used with Creator 2011.

-I ran driver updates for the burner and the ATI card.

I need to call it an evening, since I have a day-long class tomorrow. I will get back on this as soon as possible. I have sent an email to Roxio tech support, but I don't expect much.

-I can create a DVD single layer ISO file and a folder set. I have not tried to burn a single layer DVD, because I have not needed to, since installing Creator 2012.

-I cannot create a DVD dual layer ISO file, folder set or DVD.

-I am using the same pc, burner and discs that I used with Creator 2011.

-I ran driver updates for the burner and the ATI card.

I need to call it an evening, since I have a day-long class tomorrow. I will get back on this as soon as possible. I have sent an email to Roxio tech support, but I don't expect much.

Here's an update. I seem to have had a bad source file. This had never happened before and, unfortunately, coincided with the installation of the new 2012 version of Roxio Creator. Thanks for the help in determining the problem.