k111ngy

Panoramas

Question

Is it possible to interact with a new panorama (Stitch.jpeg) and perhaps add to DVD-Videowave??

Help

Steve

5 answers to this question

Is it possible to interact with a new panorama (Stitch.jpeg) and perhaps add to DVD-Videowave??

Help

Steve

I'm not sure what you are asking. Please explain.

You can add a wide image to Video Wave, it will go in as a 16 by 9 if you select wide screen. It will reduce the height to fit the complete width. You cannot get anything wider than that. I don't know of any standard that would be wider.

What I think you can do is add the different unstitched images to Video Wave (as long as they line up) and pan across them all so that it looks like an extra wide image. It will take a lot of work lining up those images in a photo editing program and then doing a pan where it looks smooth. It will be a lot of work.

Let me know if I'm reading the quetion wrong. Perhaps someone else has a better idea. karri is our resident expert and may have other suggestions.

I don't think you will have any trouble adding a stitched jpg image to VideoWave. You may want to play with the Pan and Zoom tool, because as Steve mentioned it will reduce the height to fit the width. If you leave your image high resolution, you shouldn't suffer quality loss even though you will be zooming in. I used an extremely wide photo in a slideshow a while back. It came out pretty good with a slow pan across it and narration describing the scene (WWI Army soldiers).

Hi

Appreciate answers guys. What I did in the end?? I saved the stitched.jpeg as a wmv and added to videowave, not sure if this was normal but seem to have some kind of result. Think what I was hoping to do was create a panorama that allows the viewer to use the mouse to go back-forward-left-right etc as a kind of interactivity? I remember doing a panorama on-line using on-line software and it let me do this (But only on-line) I could not use the panorama elsewhere so no good to me.

Thanks again for help

Steve

Hi

Appreciate answers guys. What I did in the end?? I saved the stitched.jpeg as a wmv and added to videowave, not sure if this was normal but seem to have some kind of result. Think what I was hoping to do was create a panorama that allows the viewer to use the mouse to go back-forward-left-right etc as a kind of interactivity? I remember doing a panorama on-line using on-line software and it let me do this (But only on-line) I could not use the panorama elsewhere so no good to me.

Thanks again for help

Steve

I'm not sure what you are asking. Please explain.

You can add a wide image to Video Wave, it will go in as a 16 by 9 if you select wide screen. It will reduce the height to fit the complete width. You cannot get anything wider than that. I don't know of any standard that would be wider.

What I think you can do is add the different unstitched images to Video Wave (as long as they line up) and pan across them all so that it looks like an extra wide image. It will take a lot of work lining up those images in a photo editing program and then doing a pan where it looks smooth. It will be a lot of work.

Let me know if I'm reading the quetion wrong. Perhaps someone else has a better idea. karri is our resident expert and may have other suggestions.

If what you want is one of those 360 panoramas that a user can click and drag around to random places in the image, I believe you will need special software for that. I do not believe there is any utility in Creator that provides that capability. You can, however, add some interactivity to videos you create in VideoWave and post on Youtube. That involves setting up your video to include different links for users to click on on via the Annotation feature in Youtube.