• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Wolfzone

Slideshow Creator For Both .jpg & .mov's?

Question

I need to create a project for my work using both my .jpeg or .jpg and .MOV files. I currently have Roxio Creator 7 which does a great job burning my files to DVD-R or CD (that's mainly what I use it for)

If I buy Creator 2012 - will it be able to create a slideshow using both - I've tried it with Creator 7 and - no go with the .MOV files? When I convert the .MOV files to different formats - well gang, if I may say so - crappy image/video quality. Am I dreaming for such a software program or???

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

I need to create a project for my work using both my .jpeg or .jpg and .MOV files. I currently have Roxio Creator 7 which does a great job burning my files to DVD-R or CD (that's mainly what I use it for)

If I buy Creator 2012 - will it be able to create a slideshow using both - I've tried it with Creator 7 and - no go with the .MOV files? When I convert the .MOV files to different formats - well gang, if I may say so - crappy image/video quality. Am I dreaming for such a software program or???

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes, C2012 will do what you want. You will of course not create a slideshow but a video

EMC 7 will of course do the same thing except I don't think it will accept mov files. The quality of the images may not be as good as the original photo quality since the best resolution will be standard DVD quality which is 720x480. So if you have some high resolution photos they will be reduced in quality. This will also happen when using C2012 (or any other program) unless you create HD quality video.

Yes, C2012 will do what you want. You will of course not create a slideshow but a video

EMC 7 will of course do the same thing except I don't think it will accept mov files. The quality of the images may not be as good as the original photo quality since the best resolution will be standard DVD quality which is 720x480. So if you have some high resolution photos they will be reduced in quality. This will also happen when using C2012 (or any other program) unless you create HD quality video.

Thank you - MUCH.

Will be purchasing Creator 2012 soon - Costco had it for a good price. Look forward to using it although to be frank, have read mixed reviews on it but hey, with Costco - returns - if not fully satisfied - are always a breeze.

Hi Wolfzone,

If you're getting it from Costco, check which version you're getting for your "good price". Costco does sell reduced function OEM versions cheaply, and they're not really cheap if they don't have all the functions you want.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer. This program needs the codecs from Quicktime to work.

Thanks all for the feedback and "Costco Cautions"

I have been told however that Creator 2010 - even with a Quicktime update - and I do have the latest version of Quicktime - will NOT accept .MOV files over 10 seconds. My .MOV files - most of them - are between 30 and 2 minutes.

This may or may not be true - hence my post.

Thank you.

Thanks all for the feedback and "Costco Cautions"

I have been told however that Creator 2010 - even with a Quicktime update - and I do have the latest version of Quicktime - will NOT accept .MOV files over 10 seconds. My .MOV files - most of them - are between 30 and 2 minutes.

This may or may not be true - hence my post.

Thank you.

That is wrong ! If you have Creator 2010, why did you post in Creator 2012? For Creator 2010, you will need to convert them using a free video converter. If you use the free video converter, convert them to mpg2.

You can also try changing the extensions to mp4 using Windows. Just make sure that Windows is set to NOT HIDE KNOWN EXTENSIONS. You can do that by going to Windows ,select a folder and then selct folder options. Scroll donw to that check box.)

Unless you are refering to MOV files from a Still Digital Camera that is trying to Masquerade as a camcorder... <_<

These files are NOT standard MOV files and often create problems!

But you can overcome that by following Steve's advice in Post #7 about conveting these files... ;)

A typo - meant to say "Creator 2012"

That is wrong ! If you have Creator 2010, why did you post in Creator 2012? For Creator 2010, you will need to convert them using a free video converter. If you use the free video converter, convert them to mpg2.

You can also try changing the extensions to mp4 using Windows. Just make sure that Windows is set to NOT HIDE KNOWN EXTENSIONS. You can do that by going to Windows ,select a folder and then selct folder options. Scroll donw to that check box.)

The suggestion concerning the need to convert is the same BUT. If the mov files are from a digital camera and not a camcorder, you will need to convert them outside of VideoWave. Download and run a free video converter; there are several goo ones. Look here. (Stay away from Real)

You do have Quicktime on your computer - correct?

By the way mov files from camcorders work as is.