jschlueter

Photo Show 5 And Photo Show 6

Question

For Mother's Day, my son created a beautiful Photo Show for me using Photo Show v6. I have Photo Show v5 on my computer and have been unable to get the photo show to download. I've turned off my firewall, turned off my anti-virus program, and put photoshow.com as a trusted site. I still can't get it to download. The error is 1001. Can ANYONE tell me what to do. I want it on my desktop. Is there a way to save it so I can view it elsewhere, i.e. my iphone, etc?

21 answers to this question

For Mother's Day, my son created a beautiful Photo Show for me using Photo Show v6. I have Photo Show v5 on my computer and have been unable to get the photo show to download. I've turned off my firewall, turned off my anti-virus program, and put photoshow.com as a trusted site. I still can't get it to download. The error is 1001. Can ANYONE tell me what to do. I want it on my desktop. Is there a way to save it so I can view it elsewhere, i.e. my iphone, etc?

You should be able to download the free trial version of PhotoShow 6 and use that. You can have both 5 and 6 on your computer. BUT...

He can go to it on line and select to convert it to an mp4 file. He will get an e-mail when it is done. You should then be able to download that file. Use a free player like VLC to play it. Sometimess Roxio's converter does not work properly. so it has to be tried again. You son should be able to contact Roxio/Corel to get it fixed if it doesn't work the second time.

It will be a video file and you will not be able to edit it.

Edited by sknis

You should be able to download the free trial version of PhotoShow 6 and use that. You can have both 5 and 6 on your computer. BUT...

He can go to it on line and select to convert it to an mp4 file. He will get an e-mail when it is done. You should then be able to download that file. Use a free player like VLC to play it. Sometimess Roxio's converter does not work properly. so it has to be tried again. You son should be able to contact Roxio/Corel to get it fixed if it doesn't work the second time.

It will be a video file and you will not be able to edit it.

You can but it's been broke for over two years and all you get is a small audio file from your Photoshow MP4! :rolleyes:

post-97-063174900 1337085701.jpg

Again/stillconfirmed.

Do you have any help for the OP?

Edited by sknis

Response from Corel Tech Service to trouble ticket:

"Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Steve, this is an ongoing issue and our engineers are working on this. However, we do have a different method to download photoshows to your computer. Please try the steps given below and you will be able to download photoshows to your computer successfully:"

It goes on to say to downloiad the PhotoSHow to your computer ansd then create a wmv file from it. :wacko::angry::(

Can you send me the instructions to do that?

Here are the instructions from Corel Tech Support. Do you have a Premium Membership?

* If you have Photsohow 6 desktop software, open it. If not, download Photoshow 6 software by following the steps given below:

1. Log into www.photoshow.com

2. Click on "My Account" at the top left corner of the page.

3. Click on "Software Downloads" under "Account Services".

4. Click on the "Download Now" button below Roxio Photoshow 6 icon.

5. After installing Photoshow 6 software, click on online menu option--> click on sign in--> you will be prompted to enter email id and password.

6. Now enter it and login.

7. Go online menu option --> click on download my Photoshow.

8. This will allow you to select the Photosow that you want to download.

9. Now click on share tab -->click on export as video file thumbnail. This will ask for the video format in which you want to save the file.

10. Select "WMV" format. The photoshow will download to your computer successfully.

This will help you to download the photoshows successfully.

It doesn't sound quite right but I haven't yet tried it. I will later to see if it works.

What I do is to get the PhotoSHow I want downloaded via V6 and then select to share it. You can select wmv or mpg2. One of the wmv options is semi-high definition.

Here are the instructions from Corel Tech Support. Do you have a Premium Membership?

* If you have Photsohow 6 desktop software, open it. If not, download Photoshow 6 software by following the steps given below:

1. Log into www.photoshow.com

2. Click on "My Account" at the top left corner of the page.

3. Click on "Software Downloads" under "Account Services".

4. Click on the "Download Now" button below Roxio Photoshow 6 icon.

5. After installing Photoshow 6 software, click on online menu option--> click on sign in--> you will be prompted to enter email id and password.

6. Now enter it and login.

7. Go online menu option --> click on download my Photoshow.

8. This will allow you to select the Photosow that you want to download.

9. Now click on share tab -->click on export as video file thumbnail. This will ask for the video format in which you want to save the file.

10. Select "WMV" format. The photoshow will download to your computer successfully.

This will help you to download the photoshows successfully.

It doesn't sound quite right but I haven't yet tried it. I will later to see if it works.

What I do is to get the PhotoSHow I want downloaded via V6 and then select to share it. You can select wmv or mpg2. One of the wmv options is semi-high definition.

I tried it.

It's not his account it's his son's account "my son created a beautiful Photo Show for me using Photo Show v6."

Trying in my account, it doesn't ask what video format in which you want to save the file in when I follow those directions.

It downloads a Roxio PhotoShow (.photoshow) file under properties and it resides in C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My PhotoShows.

It will only open in the Photoshow program and not WMP.

I see no option to save it to the hard drive in any other format than Roxio PhotoShow (.photoshow) file.

No user can download any photoshow even from a public channel if they aren't the account owner .

And when the owner of the account tries to download the only available option, Save as MP4 video, we are back to what I posted in post # 3, it's broke and all you get is a audio file.

Perhaps your son would be good enough to give you (mother) his password so you can log in, download the PhotoShow program, install it. . Once you get in and download the right PhotoShow. You can convert the PhotoShow to a wmv file. Or perhaps the son would be willing to make the wmv file and put it on a thumb drive and give you a second belated mother's day gift. ;) BTW, happy belated mothers day :wub:

I know that the method I outlined works once the mother or son gets into the program/site or via the alternate.

post-58-0-30994800-1337701247_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-46137200-1337701262_thumb.jpg

Let me give you a few more details. I am the account owner for Photoshow 5 and have since also downloaded Photoshow 6. I do have the Premium Service. My son created the photoshow in a free version of Photoshow 6. He sent it to me and I have placed it online on one of my channels. The only photoshows that 6 allows me to download are the photoshows that I have made and reside online in My Account for my Photoshows. So I need to know how to move his photoshow he sent me to my side of the photoshows or need to know how I can save his photoshow to my account. In v5 this was never a problem. When you opened photoshow on your desktop computer it always showed the photoshows sent to you and asked if you wanted to download them to your computer. Photoshow 6 does not do that and thus the problem I am having. With all this in mind, can you give me an answer on what to do next to be able to have it recognized as a show sent to me that I want to have on my desktop photoshow application vs being able to access it only online in my account under my channels. Thanks.

I can't say for sure but you may be out of luck unless your son gives you his password to get into his account. The option to download as a mp4 file was supposed to help but as you know, it doesns't work. Sorry. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

Let me give you a few more details. I am the account owner for Photoshow 5 and have since also downloaded Photoshow 6. I do have the Premium Service. My son created the photoshow in a free version of Photoshow 6. He sent it to me and I have placed it online on one of my channels. The only photoshows that 6 allows me to download are the photoshows that I have made and reside online in My Account for my Photoshows. So I need to know how to move his photoshow he sent me to my side of the photoshows or need to know how I can save his photoshow to my account. In v5 this was never a problem. When you opened photoshow on your desktop computer it always showed the photoshows sent to you and asked if you wanted to download them to your computer. Photoshow 6 does not do that and thus the problem I am having. With all this in mind, can you give me an answer on what to do next to be able to have it recognized as a show sent to me that I want to have on my desktop photoshow application vs being able to access it only online in my account under my channels. Thanks.

How do you send a photoshow?

How did he send you the photoshow?

He sent me the PhotoShow by email. I opened it online in my account and saved it to my channel.

I send PhotoShows by email as well when I create them. The difference is that the feature in v5 that you can download a photoshow created and sent to you by someone else in your Photoshow app on your desktop does not exist in v6. Therein lies my problem.

He sent me the PhotoShow by email. I opened it online in my account and saved it to my channel.

I send PhotoShows by email as well when I create them. The difference is that the feature in v5 that you can download a photoshow created and sent to you by someone else in your Photoshow app on your desktop does not exist in v6. Therein lies my problem.

You can have version 5 and 6 installed at the same time.... http://forums.suppor...-keep-using-it/

Only solution I found was to use snagit and capture the Photoshow and save it as a avi file to my hard drive.

Free trial here... http://www.techsmith.com/index.html

Ok I installed V5 Photoshow.

I don't see a way to download your show!

So tell me how?

post-97-0-02162200-1337816987_thumb.jpg

The OP did say it was e-mailed and I agree that what the OP said was not clear but perhaps he chose one of these options e-mail or export (second image)

post-58-0-26740000-1337858052_thumb.png

post-58-0-53112700-1337858066_thumb.png

Edited by sknis

The OP did say it was e-mailed and I agree that what the OP said was not clear but perhaps he chose one of these options e-mail or export (second image)

I had Redwagon and jschlueter email me a photoshow. All you get is a link to photoshow to watch and add to a channel just like version six.

Op said "The difference is that the feature in v5 that you can download a photoshow created and sent to you by someone else in your Photoshow app on your desktop does not exist in v6."

That's what I'm asking to explain because I see no option for that in version five I installed.

post-97-0-26585700-1337861109_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-37654200-1337861238_thumb.jpg

After working with cd on the PhotoShow problem the OP has, I'm thinking that neither version 5 OR 6 has

an option to place a show that some one has emailed or sent you you into YOUR particular Channel.

I suggested to cd that there are several video capture programs out there that could capture the show one has been sent

and can play and then capture it (with Snagit as cd has suggested) and use it as cd siggested as an avi file.

My question for the OP would be--"What else does the OP want to do with the Photoshow that he was emailed" ???

If there is anyone else that wants it, have the other person email it to them after they have made that persons email address

available in their options.

It's probably a good thing that one can only view another persons Photoshows that have been sent to them.

Otherwise they could use it for their own and edit it--I would consider one of MY particular Photoshow productions

as "propritory" that can only be viewed if I gave that option to anyone else.

Frank...

Can anyone help !

I want to re-download the Photoshow 5.

I lost it when my unit crashed a couple of weeks ago.

Thank You, Antonio Barbieri,

barbieri at sympatico.ca

Edited by sknis
An e-mail address attracts spambots. A person would know how to send you an e-mail.

Do you have the key? Do you have a premium membership?

If you have the premium membership, then you can download Version 6 from your members page.

Edited by sknis

Do you have the key? Do you have a premium membership?

If you have the premium membership, then you can download Version 6 from your members page.

barbieri wants Photoshow 5

barbieri wants Photoshow 5

Understood but if it is not available or he doesn't have the key, then V6 is the back-up option.

V5 is not available on the web. Without the key, someone could send him a copy but he would still need the key to run it. I don't know anyone who would give him their key.