• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Jyrz

Bad Flashing/flickering Problem

Question

I just got the game cap on saturday for my PS3 and I've been trying to hook it up. I finally got it all set up for my laptop and it looked alright but my laptop can't handle recording anything (ex. Fraps) so the video was just really choppy and laggy. So I decided to try hooking it up to my dad's PC which is much better then my PC upstairs.

-Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit

-8 Gb RAM

-2, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512

-Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40 GHz

So I hooked it up, install the software, installed the service pack 2 patch, and the screen is all flickering and flashing. If it was just a little I would probably feel better but this is like unwatchable. When I try to adjust the TV Standard, I can kind of lower how much flicker but it's still there every few seconds instead of all the time. I've tried every standard, I tried switching USB cables, I tried switching USB ports, I tried flipping the component cables on the game cap, I tried changing the output resolution of my PS3 to every possible variation and I still can't get it to work. My TV screen is fine though so I don't know what's going on.

Unlisted Test Video on my Youtube Channel:

http://youtu.be/-sERIuu6qbM

1 answer to this question

I'm not saying that this is definitely the problem,just maybe.

When you go to the PC you're using an A/D converter.You go from the Analog Component cable to a Digital USB cable.

It could be that there is a problem with the A/D converter in the device.Just saying.

On the TV side it's just a straight passthru of the Component analog signal.

I'd give Roxio/Corel support a call and talk with them.

Also depending on where you got it I'd try and take it back and get another.

Edited by tbrewst