• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Is Empty After Record

Terry57

Question

Hi,

I've set up my Canon camcorder with a Hi8 tape. I opened up the VHS to DVD3 Program. I went straight to make a DVD. I put a DVD-R in my drive. I began the camcorder and saw that it was playing on the screen so I hit record. It began showing the minutes rolling so I thought it was being burned. (also, I kept it on High Quality) I let the camcorder run to the very end. The screen froze when it ended and I couldn't get the Roxio program to close. It wouldn't log off and so I had to turn off the computer manually. I reopened my computer, and tried to see if the DVD had anything on it. Nothing was on it. I noticed that there was only one destination drive set up. The drop down menu only had this info: D: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SH-216AB D300 This is the name of my Drive, but I've never seen anything like this before on a drop down menu.

Also, I read on a review that the reviewer had a problem with the Roxio software reading his driver. He said that it was a Roxio problem and that he had to go and upload a patch from Roxio in order to get it to work. Am wondering if I am having that same problem.

Any suggestions? Terry

My info: Dell XPS 8300 Computer, Win 7 , Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601, Processor: Intel ® Core i7-2600 PU,

Driver: Description- CD-ROM, Media Type: DVD Writer

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I've set up my Canon camcorder with a Hi8 tape. I opened up the VHS to DVD3 Program. I went straight to make a DVD. I put a DVD-R in my drive. I began the camcorder and saw that it was playing on the screen so I hit record. It began showing the minutes rolling so I thought it was being burned. (also, I kept it on High Quality) I let the camcorder run to the very end. The screen froze when it ended and I couldn't get the Roxio program to close. It wouldn't log off and so I had to turn off the computer manually. I reopened my computer, and tried to see if the DVD had anything on it. Nothing was on it. I noticed that there was only one destination drive set up. The drop down menu only had this info: D: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SH-216AB D300 This is the name of my Drive, but I've never seen anything like this before on a drop down menu.

Also, I read on a review that the reviewer had a problem with the Roxio software reading his driver. He said that it was a Roxio problem and that he had to go and upload a patch from Roxio in order to get it to work. Am wondering if I am having that same problem.

Any suggestions? Terry

My info: Dell XPS 8300 Computer, Win 7 , Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601, Processor: Intel ® Core ™ i7-2600 PU,

Driver: Description- CD-ROM, Media Type: DVD Writer

How long in time is the tape you are trying to record? You can only get 60 minutes on a standard 4.7GB DVD.

Most of us recommend that you first capture to your hard drive and then burn the video to a DVD.