• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

21 answers to this question

Has anyone else had problems burning dvd using Photoshow premium 6?

Perhaps there are some but not many. Tell us a little more about what exactly your problem is and any error messages that you get.

I am using windows xp and have had the photoshow premium 6 version for almost two years and have burned many DVD's of my photoshows. Now I am not getting any response when I try to start a burn. After the window pops up showing burn options showing my burner and then I select a speed and then hit ok and it does nothing. I have reinstalled the photoshow as suggested in some of the other forums with no success.

I am using windows xp and have had the photoshow premium 6 version for almost two years and have burned many DVD's of my photoshows. Now I am not getting any response when I try to start a burn. After the window pops up showing burn options showing my burner and then I select a speed and then hit ok and it does nothing. I have reinstalled the photoshow as suggested in some of the other forums with no success.

I am assuming that you have a new, unused DVD in the burner you select? Have you recently switched from a +R to a -R or vice versa? Are you using good quality media?

Does Windows recognize your burners in device manager? Have you changed burners or otherwise changed the burners?

Here is a Kb article on burning to a disc. Although it worked in the past, computers can be fickle and sometimes change by themselves.

I am assuming that you have a new, unused DVD in the burner you select? Yes, it is a new unused DVD

Have you recently switched from a +R to a -R or vice versa? No, +R is what I normally use

Are you using good quality media? I use sony or memorex

Does Windows recognize your burners in device manager? Under CD/DVD I see my burner listed and that the devices are working properly, do not know what else I should check....I am able to burn a music cd using Windows Media player

Have you changed burners or otherwise changed the burners? No, I have not changed my burners, how could I check to see if burners have been changed maybe?

I am assuming that you have a new, unused DVD in the burner you select? Yes, it is a new unused DVD

Have you recently switched from a +R to a -R or vice versa? No, +R is what I normally use

Are you using good quality media? I use sony or memorex

Does Windows recognize your burners in device manager? Under CD/DVD I see my burner listed and that the devices are working properly, do not know what else I should check....I am able to burn a music cd using Windows Media player

Have you changed burners or otherwise changed the burners? No, I have not changed my burners, how could I check to see if burners have been changed maybe?

Sony are usually OK but Memorex has been the bottom of the barrel.

The blue text above is a link. Did you look at that?

So what is a recommended quality DVD to use?

Yes, I looked at the link that you provided not sure what to do, I have tried to update drivers and there are none available and I am not sure if I should just uninstall and then reinstall my burner drivers.

So what is a recommended quality DVD to use?

Yes, I looked at the link that you provided not sure what to do, I have tried to update drivers and there are none available and I am not sure if I should just uninstall and then reinstall my burner drivers.

Verbatim is usually very good. Taiyo Yuden (JVC) is probably the best at this point but you can get them on-line only.

Take another look at the Kb article. Did you look at number 2 and up (like enable DMA)?

If Windows sees your burner, then uninstalling and then reinstalling them won't help.

But working with the px engine might.

Go here: (Thanks to CDANTEEK)

Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. click here Old Version

EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here

Edited by sknis

Thanks for the info regarding DVD brand. I updated the PX engine using the link above.

Take another look at the Kb article. Did you look at number 2 and up (like enable DMA)?

As for the KB article I looked at 2 and up as suggested but I am not computer literate enough to act on.

I have a Dell computer that I have had since 2005 and I do not know how to tell who makes my drivers nor how to

tell what DMA roxio is using. Not even sure if I am phrasing this correctly.

1. Update your drive's firmware/drivers. Most companies regularly update their firmware and drivers.
  2. Enable DMA. Direct Memory Access enables better efficiency of data. For more info, check how to enable DMA.

Best bet is to get someone to help. Sorry but I don't think that you are close enough for me to come over and help.

Don't go to any of the computer shops; they know just a little more than you do and you probably know more about this program.

Go to Windows start and type in device manager or just DMA, Windows is very good about getting you to the right place; you just have to follow the instructions after that. With you experience, don't update the firmware for your drive.

Go to Windows start and type in device manager. Click on the link that opens. What do you see under DVD/CD drives. There should be at least one. If you see one, then Windows recognized your drives are installed. The PX engine will then allow Roxio see them. If you see nothing, then there is some other problem. Get help.

Okay...I went to device manager this is what I found showing under the DVD/CD-rom drives:

PHILLIPS DVD-Rom DROM 6316

TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H553A

Also I figured out the DMA location....I think...anyway under advanced setting it shows DMA if available

This is a photoshow log that can be sent to Roxio if you are having problems.....does this shed a light on the problem?

[06/05/12 13:20:14:265] [4664] PhotoShow burn application start

[06/05/12 13:20:14:281] [4664] Command line arguments = "C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\My Documents\My PhotoShows\CHRISTMAS MEMORIES 2006 (2).photoshow" 197088 /burn, and we will parse it

[06/05/12 13:20:14:312] [4664] Got a newJobGUID from command line --- C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Application Data\Roxio\PhotoShow Video\Roxio PhotoShow\BCDA5AA9-0B70-4A9A-A922-DBF2874581C4\

[06/05/12 13:20:14:312] [4664] Open photoshow file, and get some show info from the .photoshow

[06/05/12 13:20:14:718] [4664] Use a background thread to copy over the source .photoshow

[06/05/12 13:20:14:718] [4664] UI: Export Video File - We will show export dialog and create the render task

[06/05/12 13:20:14:718] [4664] Show the burn dialog

[06/05/12 13:20:15:453] [4180] initAsStorage()

Okay...I went to device manager this is what I found showing under the DVD/CD-rom drives:

PHILLIPS DVD-Rom DROM 6316

TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H553A

Also I figured out the DMA location....I think...anyway under advanced setting it shows DMA if available

If you were trying to burn using the Philips burner then it canoot work - that is only a DVD reader it cannot burn DVDs

Could it be the burn software that I have that is the problem?

Have you tried to burn anything else on a DVD. If you don't have one get some RW so you can use and erase. Are you getting any burn errors? Perhaps the laser on your burner has failed or been jarred out of alignment. Burning a CD does not mean it can burn a DVD.

If you have the PhotoShow as a video file, use the free ImgBurn to see if it will burn the file to a DVD.

Edited by sknis

Has anyone else had problems burning dvd using Photoshow premium 6?

I have problems with Photoshow Premium 6. I burned a DVD of the show with pictures only and the DVD was fine. When I added music to the show and tried to burn another DVD, only the music came out on the DVD, no pictures. I am my own MP3 music that I downloaded. How do I correct this.

Edited by Janice Stacy

Janice, I can tell you are new to using forums. NEVER EVER post yuo e-mail address. Delete it as soon as you can. The spambots are always searching for new addresses to send tons of spam. If someone wants to contact you, they can use the p.m. feature on this forum.

Start with giving the information about your computer. Do this and attach the dxdiag text file. Do this.

Since you posted in this thread, you obviously read it. Did you try everythign suggested including theuse of ImgBurn

Edited by sknis

I have this very same problem. I installed the trial verson, worked up a photoshow and liked what I saw so I paid for the upgrade. After installing the update to 6.0.0 Build 872 I cannot create a DVD. As the original poster stated, after selecting the DVD burner and the speed and clicking on OK, it does nothing. I've checked the DMA and that is set to DMA if available. I am also able to write a DVD using Sonic MyDVD so there is nothing wrong with my DVD drive or DVDs. I don't understand what to do with the PX Engine. I can access the "Old Version" but clicking on the "Update" comes up with "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage". I haven't tried the ImgBurn yet and would rather not if I don't have to because creating the .wmv file takes over three hours. Can you please help? I need to have this photoshow on a DVD before Thursday.

Thanks!

You have the same symptoms; not necessarily the same problems. Please post the DXDIAG file as described here. Attach the txt file do not copy and paste it. Use the "More Reply Options at the bottom right of the reply page.

Corel is screwing around with the Kb data base. Try this (link).

How long - in time- is your PhotoShow. You can get about one hour of video on a single layer DVD any more, if the program would burn it, would probably unwatchable. It shoudl not take 3 houes to create a slide show unless 1) The slide show is very long or 2) You computer is very slow.

So you would rather run up against a deadline than to try something that might work ? You have a deadline, we don't. The more information you supply, the quicker we can guess at your problem.

Edited by sknis

You have the same symptoms; not necessarily the same problems. Please post the DXDIAG file as described here. Attach the txt file do not copy and paste it. Use the "More Reply Options at the bottom right of the reply page.

Corel is screwing around with the Kb data base. Try this (link).

How long - in time- is your PhotoShow. You can get about one hour of video on a single layer DVD any more, if the program would burn it, would probably unwatchable. It shoudl not take 3 houes to create a slide show unless 1) The slide show is very long or 2) You computer is very slow.

So you would rather run up against a deadline than to try something that might work ? You have a deadline, we don't. The more information you supply, the quicker we can guess at your problem.

That link worked and I installed the update to the PX Engine. After that, the process for creating the DVD came up. It ran through preparing the photos and the audio and then crashed before starting the burn. Attached is a screenshot.

Also attached is the DxDiag.txt file.

My slideshow is about 12 minutes long is all. As for not trying the other solution, my comment was based on the fact that I simply did not want to go through a 3+ hour process every time I made a change. Why it takes 3 hours on my computer, I don't know. Viewing the performance of the system while is is working shows nearly all of the CPU devoted to that process. Bottom line is that If I can't get this to work, then I will go that route. My hope, though, is that we can get this to work.

Thanks for you help.

post-105051-0-10886300-1341861617_thumb.jpg

DxDiag.txt

See if updating that video card drivers solves you problem. Yours are OLD ! Go here to update the graphics drivers.

New graphics drivers may solve all your problems.

Make sure nothing else is running while you are encoding including your anti-virus (turn off your internet connection). Your computer should be faster than that.

Are you adding any videos? Are the images you are using large in size or high megapixel?

What drive are you working on? When did you last clean it up and defrage it?

Perhaps someone else will see somehtign that I don't.

Thanks for posting the dxdiag file. It does help.

Edited by sknis