• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

denmarfl

Roxio Creator 10.x No Longer Sees My Dvd Drives

Question

When I open Creator\COPY\ COPY DISC\"No Drive detected" is displayed. I have two DVD Burners, I used Creator yesterday and both my DVD Burners displayed; I have not changed anything on my PC.

I have 1) uninstalled and re-installed the DVD Burners 2) I have dleted the Low Filter....no High Filter was present in the Registry.

The 2 DVD Burners work fine, they playback, they Burn.....both DVD's appear in "My Computer"...so all is well with the one exception that creator no longer see the 2 Drives. I have another software similar to Creator...that software sees the drives........

23 answers to this question

When I open Creator\COPY\ COPY DISC\"No Drive detected" is displayed. I have two DVD Burners, I used Creator yesterday and both my DVD Burners displayed; I have not changed anything on my PC.

I have 1) uninstalled and re-installed the DVD Burners 2) I have dleted the Low Filter....no High Filter was present in the Registry.

The 2 DVD Burners work fine, they playback, they Burn.....both DVD's appear in "My Computer"...so all is well with the one exception that creator no longer see the 2 Drives. I have another software similar to Creator...that software sees the drives........

Are you running XP?

The updated PX engine version, PX Engine 4.18.16a (# 7 in my signature) doesn't have a installer and needs to be run like this post #6 explains.

http://forums.suppor...post__p__374534

The older PX engine version has a installer and you just run it, PX Engine 3_00_58a (# 7 in my signature),,,

I would try and fix your missing drives with the updated PX Engine 4.18.16a and it's procedure first.

Any questions just ask..

Not running XP; running Windows 7 Home Prem 32bit. Any different suggestions now knowing I am running Windows 7?

What makes so sense is all other software accessing drives see them, Roxio saw them a day ago......

Not running XP; running Windows 7 Home Prem 32bit. Any different suggestions now knowing I am running Windows 7?

What makes so sense is all other software accessing drives see them, Roxio saw them a day ago......

Perhaps your 10.x version is not compatible with W7? Read this

Please tell us what the X is for. Is it 10.3 or something earlier? Actually the 10.X is an OEM version of the software. You have been given several suggestions on how to try to fix it. Support comes from whomever put the 10.X on your computer. They would have any fixes and updates.

Any different suggestions now knowing I am running Windows 7?

Resolve the version issue then we can address the PX engine missing drive problem.

Running Win7 Home Prem 32bit. Roxio Creator Version 10.1.......OEM from Dell.....4 years ago and they provide no support

Edited by denmarfl

Running Win7 Home Prem 32bit. Roxio Creator Version 10.1.......OEM from Dell.....4 years ago and they provide no support

Roxio Creator Version 10.1.......OEM from Dell came on a Win7 Home Prem 32bit PC from Dell?

If the answer is yes?

Follow the suggestions in post #2...

In this case, I assume you mean Dell doesn't supply a newer version that IS compatible with W7. I assume you knew that because of your reluctance to post the full version number.

I went here (link) and found that they have a patch BUT that version is NOT compatible. Scroll down on that page if you don't believe me.

Now, tell us what you use 10.1 for and we can make a suggestion of a Roxio/Corel program that may be useful for you.

Semms that I have failed to post the question clearly......

Running Win7 Home Prem have for 3 years

Roxio Creator 10.1 has been running fine under Win7 until 2 days ago. I used Creator on Friday and both my DVD Burners were seen....and I copied a DVD. When I opened Creator on Saturday.....went to copy a Disc, Creator showed No drives detected......

So this is not a Win7 compatibility issue

Creator saw my 2 DVD Burners on Friday......the next day, Saturday...it did senn either

Roxio Creator 10.1 has been running fine under Win7 until 2 days ago. I used Creator on Friday and both my DVD Burners were seen....and I copied a DVD. When I opened Creator on Saturday.....went to copy a Disc, Creator showed No drives detected......

Creator saw my 2 DVD Burners on Friday......the next day, Saturday...it did senn either

That is not unusual, if you search the forum you will see that there are many posts along the line of "Used to Work but now it doesn't". The commonality is that they were using a version that was not compatible with the OS. It could be as simple as a Windows Update or a new program installation that will break this program.

The only thing we can suggest is to use Windows Restore to see if you can get the drivers back.

As above, we can't help; it is Dell modified software. You have to go to them. Insist on it.

What happened when you followed the procedure in Post #2 of this thread?

I did not perform Post #2 because the response appeared to be something to try if I was running XP...which I am not..........

I did not perform Post #2 because the response appeared to be something to try if I was running XP...which I am not..........

Now answer the first line in post #8

From what Trusted site would I download PX Engine 4.18.16a?

This I take it is not a file offered by Roxio???????

What is your problem answering the question?

Roxio Creator Version 10.1.......OEM from Dell came on a Win7 Home Prem 32bit PC from Dell?

If it is a non W7 version (made for Vista and XP) supplied by Dell fixing the drives might not help and break again.

Everything else you need is in post #2.

Doesn't provide trusted site to download PX Engine 4.18.16a from?

Good bye and good luck..

Sorry; and maybe you won't reply, what is so wrong with asking for the link to download the file from a trusted site???????

Both links that were given to you by fellow user cdanteek ARE trusted (their from Roxio).

I obviously am missing or over looking the Links....

When I click on the Link in this post it takes me to How to Install..... I don't see a Link in this Post, or the one the Link took me to.....that provides a Link, web address to download the file.......

Hopefully someone will point out my mistake and provide\point to the Roxio download Links...... Thank You

Did you look at CD signature there are links numbered from 1 to 17. Did you look at link 7? Note that blue text are links. If that doesn't work, the trusted site you need to work from is at Dell.com !

Do not work from a cell phone.

EDIT: I forgot to add that this is a users site and not Roxio/Corel tecnical support. It is not nice to *^$$ off someone who is trying to help you. You must read the question, think about it and then answer it as completely as you can.

I doubt that you will get that free software working again.

Edited by sknis

I obviously am missing or over looking the Links....

When I click on the Link in this post it takes me to How to Install..... I don't see a Link in this Post, or the one the Link took me to.....that provides a Link, web address to download the file.......

Hopefully someone will point out my mistake and provide\point to the Roxio download Links...... Thank You

Maybe a Picture will help (from Post #2)

post-68-0-88005300-1338834917_thumb.png

Thank You;

It was never my intention to make any one feel as if I was not grateful or appreciative for their help; I missed the Link for the PX newest Engine…..

In one of the prior Post the question was asked what I use Roxio Creator 10.1 for.....so that a replacement software could be recommended. I mostly use Creator to Duplicate Discs... This copy feature is part of Windows but I do like like the process....I have always used Creator. I have also used Creator to capture SD Vedio from my Camcorder to edit and create a Movie DVD....ie; from vacation Footage.