• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DGwyn

Video Conversion

Question

I've been using my Nikon D7000 to capture videos in HD format. I recorded one this weekend and it's 1.5GB. I want to upload it to Facebook, but there's a 1GB size limit. I tried using the Video Copy & Convert tool, and it doesn't seem to work. I tried WMV and MP4 output formats and the audio and video are no longer in synch. Does the product actually work?

Thanks,

Dave

4 answers to this question

I've been using my Nikon D7000 to capture videos in HD format. I recorded one this weekend and it's 1.5GB. I want to upload it to Facebook, but there's a 1GB size limit. I tried using the Video Copy & Convert tool, and it doesn't seem to work. I tried WMV and MP4 output formats and the audio and video are no longer in synch. Does the product actually work?

Thanks,

Dave

Sync issues are usually caused by 1) A fragmented hard drive or 2) too many programs running at one time or 3) You anti-virus scanning everything being written to your hard drive.

Which is causing your problem?

BY the way, mov files from digital cameras masquerading as camcorders give non-standard format files. mov files from camcorders are not a problem. Download and run a third party video converter and use the Facebook uploader.

None of the numbered issues above are causing a sync issue with our editing. The Roxio editing suite will not accept any HD video recorded on a Nikon or Canon DSLR unless we convert it, adding a frustrating layer of time and effort to our daily editing work. There are quite a number of videographers using DSLR cameras now, so to say a Nikon D3200, for example, is 'masquerading as a camcorder' is an excuse for the Roxio program simply being inferior to any number of other editing platforms that are more expensive, the same cost, and less expensive that have absolutely no issues synching Nikon video/audio in the editing timeline. I'm assuming Roxio is not going to fix the issue from the tone of your reponse, is that correct?

A darn shame, because the rest of the functionality is intuitive, effective, and produces an excellent end product. I remain hopeful an update will come along that will fix this issue.

I reject your argument !

If your intent is to capture video, you would buy a camcorder and take images with it if you so desired! The "masquerading" wording is mine; Roxio has nothing to do with the wording. I have not tried NXT with mov files but I suspect that it is the same as 2012.

That Nikon is a middle lever DSLR so I can still use that phrase. Now if you had a D600 or D800, I would use a different word for masquerading perhaps "pretense".

If you do try another software program, make sure it does see the mov files correctly. I have tried several and they all had some issues with the format,

None of the numbered issues above are causing a sync issue with our editing. The Roxio editing suite will not accept any HD video recorded on a Nikon or Canon DSLR unless we convert it, adding a frustrating layer of time and effort to our daily editing work. There are quite a number of videographers using DSLR cameras now, so to say a Nikon D3200, for example, is 'masquerading as a camcorder' is an excuse for the Roxio program simply being inferior to any number of other editing platforms that are more expensive, the same cost, and less expensive that have absolutely no issues synching Nikon video/audio in the editing timeline. I'm assuming Roxio is not going to fix the issue from the tone of your reponse, is that correct?

A darn shame, because the rest of the functionality is intuitive, effective, and produces an excellent end product. I remain hopeful an update will come along that will fix this issue.

The last version that works correctly, with my Nikon D5000 and D5100 is Creator 2010. Someone messed up the later versions of the program. Although I haven't loaded NXT to try it, I would bet money that it is still broken. :(