Musical

Adding Audio Tag Information To Music Disc Creator Projects

Question

When I burn audio CDs, the track/title etc. information shows up on computers but not on CD players and other music systems.

Is there a way to make sure that my compilations can carry all the audio tag information on the CD that is displayed on any player?

4 answers to this question

Hello,

Not all players can display this information [CD-Text] and not all computer players will pick it up either.

However, to make sure it's written on the CD for any player that does display it, follow these steps.

[1] Use the "Create Music Disc Projects" menu item, instead of "Burn Audio CDs"

[2] When Music Disc Creator runs, set up the track and artist names individually

[3] Click on 'Project Settings' and make sure the 'Add CD-Text' box is checked, and set your Disc Name and Artist

[4] Click OK, and then burn the disc.

post-208-0-14333400-1338865335_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query. I had used the directions you have given, yesterday and burnt another CD again today but with the same results. (Edited the Project Settings with the Music Disc Creator to make sure the Add CD-Text box is checked.)

However, the CD label, track and artist names do not show up - even when the CD is re-inserted into the same computer, whether in Roxio Media Manager or Windows Media Player.

Any more suggestions as to what is preventing it? I am really disappointed that the Roxio Media Manager says there are no files in this folder (the CD) that match the filter settings - which is set to 'All Digital Media'!

Hello Musical,

Not all CD writers can write CD-Text, and many of the computer players don't read it.

If your CD writer can read and write CD-Text, there's a handy, safe, free, and small player called the HACP player which will read and display the text.

It's available all over the 'net, but here is one site to save you having to look it up.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/CD_Players/HACP.html

If you're having trouble working out whether your writer can handle CD-Text, please tell me the make and model number of the burner, and we'll see what we can tell you.

I never use the Roxio Media Manager, but perhaps someone else can answer your question on it.

Regards,

Brendon