Sign in to follow this  
RhondaG

Not Enough Disc Space

Question

I have ROXIO capture, I have ROXIO toast 11 titanium, I have successfully transfered 10 VSH to DVD without issue.

My problem is the GB indicator bar has reached max. When I go to burn a new disc (which each transfer is a new disc) toast

doesn't recognize it's a new disc. It thinks I have been recording on the same disc.

Is there a way to clear the memory? I have reinstalled & still have the same files & prompt saying "not enough free space on this disc"

HELP!!!!!

5 answers to this question

This is probably a corrupt Toast preferences file. Go to your User>Library>Preferences folder and remove the Toast prefs and plist files and relaunch Toast. If you are running OS 10.7 (Lion) you access your user library by holding down the Option key when selecting the Go menu in the Finder.

Deleted the files, but every time I add a video file form iMovie into toast the bar fills up all the way and then tells me there is not enough free space to burn the disk. Any thoughts? Also is there an easy way to do a full uninstall/reinstall? I tried dragging toast application and files to trash then emptying the trash and reinstalling and it did nothing. Is there a certain way to uninstall the program?

Deleted the files, but every time I add a video file form iMovie into toast the bar fills up all the way and then tells me there is not enough free space to burn the disk. Any thoughts? Also is there an easy way to do a full uninstall/reinstall? I tried dragging toast application and files to trash then emptying the trash and reinstalling and it did nothing. Is there a certain way to uninstall the program?

What settings are you using in Toast? How long is the iMovie? Next to the space-remaining indicator to you have DVD selected or is it showing CD?

Your method of reinstalling is the usual way. The only other things installed are the menu styles and the toastit component which can have no effect on this issue.

Check if the message reads "Disc" or "Disk". If it says "disc" it is referring to space on the optical disc. If it says "disk" it is referring to space on the hard drive where Toast writes its temporary files during encoding.

Guru...it says "Disc". Also, DVD is selected, but CD, Bluray all say that they are at max "not enough free space" Anyone of the movies that Im trying to burn are under 2 hours

Guru...it says "Disc". Also, DVD is selected, but CD, Bluray all say that they are at max "not enough free space" Anyone of the movies that Im trying to burn are under 2 hours

When the Toast space-remaining bar is in error this is fixed by going to the User>Library>Preferences folder and deleting the Toast plist and prefs files. Then relaunch Toast. If you are running OS 10.7 the user library is accessed by holding down the option key while selecting the Go menu in the Finder.