Sign in to follow this  
Shaxspar

Analogue To Digital To Analogue Qualuty

Question

Fundamentally this device is supposed to transform good analogue signals into comparably good digital media. Then digital media is edited, improved, remastered, and returned to analogue form for the best audiophile and video presentation. For a simple plug and play from old records and tapes to digital file, this will probably do the job; but then so will far less expensive converters. What about this product justifies a $60 price? If I care about the things I am preserving, I need the best converters possible, do I not? Perhaps someone with some experience especially with preserving precious audio recordings could suggest what I should do?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Are you sure you're referring to the Mac product? The PC version does audio-only capture but the Mac one is only for digitizing video with its accompanying audio. I also am unclear what you mean by returning to analogue. This product is for analogue-to-digital only and not for digital-to-analogue conversion.

Far less expensive than $60 and you're wanting the best converters possible? I consider $60 for a combination hardware & software video capture tool to be a bargain. What is good about the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac is you can capture the video either as an h.264 MPEG 4 video or as an Apple Intermediate Codec video. The former is very good quality and the latter can be slightly better when doing editing.