WANLord

Configuring Creator 2012 For Optimal Performance

Question

I have a Quad-core processor at 2.2Ghz (with TurboBoost to 3Ghz) and 8GB of system ram. I also have a Level 4 32GB MicroSDHC card inserted into the onboard card reader and a 4GB MicroSDHC card on the USB bus configured for ReadyBoost system cache. I also have another 16GB MicroSDHC card on the USB Bus available.

You would think that with all of this RAM-based storage space available it would be possible to configure VideoWave in such a fashion as to allow it to perform optimally. My drive space is generous, with twin 2.5 inch FF 750GB drives in the laptop as boot and data drives, numerous external hard drives on the USB bus, highlighted by a 3TB backup drive and an 11TB Raid5 array, both utilizing USB 3.0 and plugged into USB 3.0 ports on the laptop.

Yet when I pull up a three to four hour movie (Extended cut Lord of The Rings Trilogy) for editing, the system goes Not Responding for ten to twenty minutes at a time, making editing and commercial extrication virtually impossible.

I would like to know EXACTLY how to configure this software for optimal performance so that it can become useable. Because as it currently sits, it is about as useful as teats on a boar hog.

1 answer to this question

I have a Quad-core processor at 2.2Ghz (with TurboBoost to 3Ghz) and 8GB of system ram. I also have a Level 4 32GB MicroSDHC card inserted into the onboard card reader and a 4GB MicroSDHC card on the USB bus configured for ReadyBoost system cache. I also have another 16GB MicroSDHC card on the USB Bus available.

You would think that with all of this RAM-based storage space available it would be possible to configure VideoWave in such a fashion as to allow it to perform optimally. My drive space is generous, with twin 2.5 inch FF 750GB drives in the laptop as boot and data drives, numerous external hard drives on the USB bus, highlighted by a 3TB backup drive and an 11TB Raid5 array, both utilizing USB 3.0 and plugged into USB 3.0 ports on the laptop.

Yet when I pull up a three to four hour movie (Extended cut Lord of The Rings Trilogy) for editing, the system goes Not Responding for ten to twenty minutes at a time, making editing and commercial extrication virtually impossible.

I would like to know EXACTLY how to configure this software for optimal performance so that it can become useable. Because as it currently sits, it is about as useful as teats on a boar hog.

Two words, all them extras but you still run a laptop with onboard (poor) graphics..

"commercial extrication" breaking copy protection on commercial DVD's is against the law in most Country's and no discussion is allowed on this site!