Emoran

Mac Update For Os X 10.6.8?

Question

I bought the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, but is says in the "getting started guide" that it is only compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5. Is there are update for 10.6 like there are updates for windows versions? I can't find one anywhere and I don't want to buy the product AGAIN for $79.99. Any solution?

10 answers to this question

I have moved this from the Pc Easy VHS to DVD forum to the Mac forum.

• Like 1

I bought the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, but is says in the "getting started guide" that it is only compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5. Is there are update for 10.6 like there are updates for windows versions? I can't find one anywhere and I don't want to buy the product AGAIN for $79.99. Any solution?

The original Easy VHS to DVD for Mac was bundled with "Easy VHS to DVD Capture" application for which there is a version 1.0.5 update at Roxio's Software Updates page that works with OS 10.6. The recently sold versions are sold with "Roxio Video Capture" application that also works in 10.6 (and 10.7) and is version 2.0.1. There is no online download site for this version. I'm running OS 10.7.4 and I think I've checked that both work, but I know that Roxio Video Capture works.

By the way, if yours came with Roxio Video Capture you can still download and use the other capture application should you ever want to capture the video in MPEG 2 format instead of either h.264 or Apple Intermediate Codec.

Thank you! I downloaded the video capture application from the roxio website. My problem is this....when I put in my installation disc, the computer spits it right back out. I guess the disc cannot be read because it is for OS X 10.4 or 10.5? I was hoping once I downloaded the capture update, the installation would work but I am having no luck. I appreciate any advice that you have.

Thank you! I downloaded the video capture application from the roxio website. My problem is this....when I put in my installation disc, the computer spits it right back out. I guess the disc cannot be read because it is for OS X 10.4 or 10.5? I was hoping once I downloaded the capture update, the installation would work but I am having no luck. I appreciate any advice that you have.

The only reason the Mac wouldn't mount the disc is if the disc is dirty or defective. Was this purchase something that is easy to exchange because it sounds like something is wrong with that disc. You'll want the Roxio Video Capture 2.0.1 application if you plan to edit in iMovie or have videos you can stream to your TV from your Mac. You might see if the disc mounts on someone else's Mac just to see if your Mac is the only machine not reading it.

The Easy VHS to DVD for Mac application encodes in MPEG 2 format which is the format used by video DVDs. That makes it a timesaver if you don't want to make edits and want the videos on DVD. But otherwise it isn't as useful a format as what the Roxio Video Capture application encodes.

Well, the disc is right out of the package, so it isn't at all dirty and I can't imagine why it would be defective. I bought the product a couple of years ago, but I'm just now getting around to using it. I wasn't anticipating these problems. :/

Well, the disc is right out of the package, so it isn't at all dirty and I can't imagine why it would be defective. I bought the product a couple of years ago, but I'm just now getting around to using it. I wasn't anticipating these problems. :/

If you bought it a couple years ago then it came with Easy VHS to DVD Capture and Toast Lite 9. You may have noticed a Toast 9 Lite update along with the Easy VHS to DVD Capture update. Go ahead an download it, too. You'll need the registration key for Toast 9 Lite that is included in your packaging. With those two apps downloaded you aren't missing anything that is on the disc.

• Like 1

Hi, thank you so much for your help!

I successfully captured video with the updates you suggested, but I tried to create a DVD using Toast 9 Basic,but it doesn't seem to work. Please see the attached screen shot. It has said "preparing" for the last 2 hours. I have entered my product key for the update, etc. Please advise. Thank you!

post-104497-0-98249200-1339469861_thumb.png

Hi, thank you so much for your help!

I successfully captured video with the updates you suggested, but I tried to create a DVD using Toast 9 Basic,but it doesn't seem to work. Please see the attached screen shot. It has said "preparing" for the last 2 hours. I have entered my product key for the update, etc. Please advise. Thank you!

It may be that Toast 9 isn't fully compatible with OS 10.6. If you used the Toast link at the end of the capture you might try out a workaround to confirm that the problem is with Toast. Quit and reopen Toast (you'll need to force quit). Drag the captured video from its location in the Documents folder to the Toast video window. Click the Custom (or Customize or More) button to open a new window where you can click Encoder and then Custom. Here you can choose "Never" next to Re-encode. Close that window and then proceed. If Toast still cannot do its work then it is not compatible with 10.6. If you get on Roxio's emailing list they often have sales for updates to Toast 11.

Well, I tried you suggestion and didn't get results :( I guess I need to upgrade to Toast 11 and everything should work? I have successfully captured video, I just need to transfer it to our DVDs. Thanks!