• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

beachromo

Chapter Thumbnails Disappear

Question

When I create chapters or let them be created automatically they look fine as a thumbnail is created. When I go to preview the project some of the thumbs disappear. When I go to edit chapters I reselect thumbs and I can view them in the edit mode. When I say ok and then go to preview the project again some of the thumbs are missing but not always the same ones. No matter what I try I can't get all of the created chapters to have buttons with thumbs...what's the secret?

4 answers to this question

I looked at the post in your reply. I created my project in MyDVD and have not used VideoWave. Can't I do my entire project in MyDVD? I have a wedding video I shot and created a slideshow from it as well. The slide show is the first title and the video is the second. I went through the video and manually selected chapters? I don't understand why some of the chapters I marked have a thumbnail and some don't...it's hit and miss. Not sure if I worded my original question clearly enough so maybe this explains my problem better? I simply want to see that each chapter button displays a thumbnail so viewers can tell where they are going besides just the chapter number. Thanks very much for your help!

Not really any more clear than when you said the same thing the first time :lol:

Maybe time for a screen cap or two of your project.

Yes you can do everything in MyDVD if you want...

After you spend hours painting yourself into a corner and have to start a new project a few times, you will understand why I outlined the other workflow method ;) Or you may get lucky and have everything work everytime...

Did you build your own menu or did you use one of the premade menus? If premade, which one? The default one (blue background) will have thumbnails Some will have thumbnails while others will display the numbers only. The default one will have thumbnails.

I don't know why you are missing some unless the chapters are too close together. You cannot chose the first image as a chapter; it is pre-chosen. If you start with a standard menu, you can make several changes to it.

Have you simply tried to rename the chapters from the numbers to something you want? Just click on the numbers to rename. Warning too long a name will screw up your navigation royally.

Edited by sknis