ATHKR

Help! Very Long Day And Still No Luck With Sound

Question

I have a compaq Presario v6000, running on Microsoft Windows 7. I finally gave up trying to get the VHS to DVD recorder to work, and purchased the Easy VHS to DVD 3.

Well, it hasn't been easy and still isn't working properly. I get picture, but no sound (just a lot of static coming through the microphone from the noise of the VCR).

I tried following the directions online, but can't see to find the "Sound Control" panel. No idea what drivers I have or what I need to do. All of the cable are connected securely. And the tape definitely has audio on it.

Please help. I'm on the verge of totally giving up and shoving this entire project back into the closet for another 10 years, or at least until someone comes up with something that actually works.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

The Roxio unit takes your Audio input from your source and presents it to your sound card in your operating system. It does not add or delete or change anything.

attachment=25223:sound.png]

Yours should look like this.

post-68-0-33786800-1339289003_thumb.png

Edited by ogdens

I have a compaq Presario v6000, running on Microsoft Windows 7. I finally gave up trying to get the VHS to DVD recorder to work, and purchased the Easy VHS to DVD 3.

Well, it hasn't been easy and still isn't working properly. I get picture, but no sound (just a lot of static coming through the microphone from the noise of the VCR).

I tried following the directions online, but can't see to find the "Sound Control" panel. No idea what drivers I have or what I need to do. All of the cable are connected securely. And the tape definitely has audio on it.

Please help. I'm on the verge of totally giving up and shoving this entire project back into the closet for another 10 years, or at least until someone comes up with something that actually works.

Thanks.

You should also have your microphone disabled so that you don't get any pickup through that.