Question

Ok, so I spent like 10 hours editing a video to load on youtube and I had finally finished. It didn't let me upload to youtube so I saved and went to work on another project. I loaded it up and a message popped up. I skimed it and thought it was just asking me to save my project before I left so I hit yes. I ended up saving my new project over my old one. Is there any way to get it back. It dosn't matter if I lose the new project I barley did anything.

3 answers to this question

Ok, so I spent like 10 hours editing a video to load on youtube and I had finally finished. It didn't let me upload to youtube so I saved and went to work on another project. I loaded it up and a message popped up. I skimed it and thought it was just asking me to save my project before I left so I hit yes. I ended up saving my new project over my old one. Is there any way to get it back. It dosn't matter if I lose the new project I barley did anything.

If you overwrote the old project then it is gone.

I don't quite understand though what you did.

You say you worked on Project A, then saved it and then loaded up Project B. I don't see how you could then save Project B and overwrite Project A.

If you overwrote the old project then it is gone.

I don't quite understand though what you did.

You say you worked on Project A, then saved it and then loaded up Project B. I don't see how you could then save Project B and overwrite Project A.

I dont know what happened either i think it was I was loading it up or something

There are some programs that will do file recovery; search for them. One may be able to detect "versions" of the file that you may be able to recover. cnet.com is a good place to start looking. Good luck

Two questions.

1) Do you have the original file that would not upload to YouTube. Did you output a file or just try to go directly to YouTube. Many experienced and frustrated users output to a file and then use YouTube's uploader to upload to YouTube..

2) Look in the folder where you are saving your projects to. Do you see any dmsm file extensions? Right click on the one for the project you were working on. See if that is your original project. I'm assuming that you did save the project periodically. Ten hours of editing usually isn't done in one sitting ! ;)