• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting .mpg Video To Quicktime Only Converts A Few Seconds

rksinc57

Question

don't recall ever having this happen before. I used Toast 11.0.6 to convert my 40 second .mpg video from my camera to a quicktime movie. The conversion starts and after a few seconds it "dings" saying it is done. When I open the file, only a few seconds are converted. I tried converting to other formats with same results. Any suggestions? I have converted movies in the past without problem.

2 answers to this question

I never had this problem, but my first step would be to figure out if something is wrong in the original camcorder footage. What will happen if you do the conversion to QT with iMovie itself (export etc)?

(To rule something out)

don't recall ever having this happen before. I used Toast 11.0.6 to convert my 40 second .mpg video from my camera to a quicktime movie. The conversion starts and after a few seconds it "dings" saying it is done. When I open the file, only a few seconds are converted. I tried converting to other formats with same results. Any suggestions? I have converted movies in the past without problem.

There may be a timecode break present that is causing this. If so you need to use MPEG Streamclip (freeware but requires Apple's $20 QuickTime MPEG 2 Playback Component) to repair the timecode breaks. That app can also do the conversion.