Nickbathurst

Creator 2012 Pro Audio Track Identifying

Question

I have installed Creator 2012 and recorded Fleetwood Mac "rumors" from an LP in Wav format.

It plays bak well

I continue to step through the program and clean up each track and then ask Creator to identify the tracks and after 5 mins per track it tells me it cannot identify them.

It does not even appear to scan them just hangs up.

This was the one feature that persuaded me to buy Creator so I can digitise all my LPs

The same seems to happen with CDs in that it hangs up and eventually tells me that cannot identify the tracks.

Any ideas?

I am connected to internet so no issues with connection and product is registered

Edited by Nickbathurst

15 answers to this question

Try putting in some minimal information in the tag finder. -- The album and the artist should be enough. If you highlight all tracks, you only have to enter that information once. If you did some editing and the track lengths are not correct, it make it difficult for the program to identify the music.

Just to check, I did try using "Edit Song Information", did the above and the program did identify the music properly.

BTW, Creator 2012 usea a Rovi music identification data base rather than the more extensive Gracenotes. The Rovi database works.

Edited by sknis

Hi Digital Guru

Tried your suggestion with no luck.

When I select identify it says scanning 1/8 tracks and then nothing happens no scanning seems to happen. It is like it does not even go to the internet to look.

The clean up I did was purely to locate start/stop of each song and they play back well so recording is clean.

I select the songs to edit and then select them all to identify and then nothing.

Tried just one song (no luck) tried importing a CD but locks up immediatley and if wait long enough finally says cannot identify.

Edited by Nickbathurst

I have installed Creator 2012 and recorded Fleetwood Mac "rumors" from an LP in Wav format.

It plays bak well

I continue to step through the program and clean up each track and then ask Creator to identify the tracks and after 5 mins per track it tells me it cannot identify them.

It does not even appear to scan them just hangs up.

This was the one feature that persuaded me to buy Creator so I can digitise all my LPs

The same seems to happen with CDs in that it hangs up and eventually tells me that cannot identify the tracks.

Any ideas?

I am connected to internet so no issues with connection and product is registered

You ripped a album to a wav file. Have you separated the tracks or is this still one wav file (whole album)?

Gracenote advanced identification technology link>> http://www.gracenote.com/products/musicid/

Take your commercial CD and under 'Edit Song Information', follow the #'s.

Does that work for your CD's?

post-97-0-42832700-1340927745_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-70955300-1340927746_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-71654900-1340927743_thumb.jpg

Tried all that with no luck

Took a CD waited until it told me that it could not identify the tracks (1 hr) and then copied and saved them to hard drive.

Then opened "edit audio tags" selected one song as per your screen shots. As soon as I selected identify the track it froze at scanning 0/1. I then waited 10 mins and finally it finished and said no match

I tried adding the basic info which did not help either.

Roxio Tech support are not very helpful on this so hope you guys have a few more ideas.

I have uninstalled Creator and reinstalled with no luck either.

post-104841-0-10870300-1340968323_thumb.png

post-104841-0-58990500-1340968337_thumb.png

post-104841-0-58870400-1340968351_thumb.png

post-104841-0-91931400-1340968366_thumb.png

Further to my last post.

I opened edit song information

I went to my ITunes folder and selected album Adele 21

It was brought in and I then selected the tracks and told it to identify the songs.

No luck - see attached image

I have to be doing something wrong.

post-104841-0-31857100-1340972712_thumb.png

When you say you copied the song to your hard drive how did you do that?

I just did both things you've tried to do with no problem at all.

I ripped a couple of tracks from a cd to my hard drive in wav format,opened Edit Song Information,added the tracks,hit Identify and up came the info.

I also used some MP3 files from another hard drive to do the same thing.

I did not try with an LP.

There could be an issue with how you're getting from the cd to the HD.

Also iTunes files could be in a protected format that Roxio won't work with.

Lastly,when you record an LP to your computer the tracks pretty much have to be divided exactly as they are on the album or cd or the database won't find a match.

If you don't get the time right for the tracks the database doesn't think they're correct.

Let's say for instance the time for track 1 Second Hand News shows 2:43 as the time on the cd or LP.If you time the break wrong and get it at say 2:40 the database may have an issue and report not finding a match.

When it comes to ITunes, all bets are off. I can't help there.

Just to make sure it worked, I did it AGAIN just now. Here are some images.

Is it possible that you have your firewall set to block information from the Rovio data base? Turn if off and try again.

post-58-0-87809300-1340974572_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-24893300-1340974587_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-87775000-1340974600_thumb.jpg

Tried all that with no luck

Took a CD waited until it told me that it could not identify the tracks (1 hr) and then copied and saved them to hard drive.

Then opened "edit audio tags" selected one song as per your screen shots. As soon as I selected identify the track it froze at scanning 0/1. I then waited 10 mins and finally it finished and said no match

I tried adding the basic info which did not help either.

Roxio Tech support are not very helpful on this so hope you guys have a few more ideas.

I have uninstalled Creator and reinstalled with no luck either.

What is the name of the CD?

Further to my last post.

I opened edit song information

I went to my ITunes folder and selected album Adele 21

It was brought in and I then selected the tracks and told it to identify the songs.

No luck - see attached image

I have to be doing something wrong.

The image shows a track highlighted on the left side (Someone Like You) and identified on the right side (Someone Like You, Adele, Ablum 21) . What ever ripped it tagged it poorly..

Have turned my firewall and PC protection off but no further advanced.

One question to you guys.

When it come up scanning 1/x files how long does that take on your machines?

How quickly does it step to the next part of the program or when it is scanning is it also accessing the net?

I just did it with Rumors and it took about 23 seconds.

The files were on my extra hard drive in mp3 format.

I don't have a setup to record from an LP and identify so I can't say how long it would take if that was the case.It may or may not be different.

I just did it with Rumors and it took about 23 seconds.

The files were on my extra hard drive in mp3 format.

I don't have a setup to record from an LP and identify so I can't say how long it would take if that was the case.It may or may not be different.

When I do that the mp3's are already tagged and need no identification.

post-97-0-30318400-1341241888_thumb.jpg

One question we didn't ask Nick (I don't think) - is this the same for other LPs that you have captured?

Well it has been a while but I have upgraded my internet connection and now the identification works very well which is great.

I appreciated all the feedback you guys gave me at the time but ultimately it was a connection issue somehow. As my internet worked well in other respects.

I have converted several LPs to WMA and then imported in to Itunes

If I record in WMA then the identification works well.

If I record the same song in WAV it does not idenify the song.

I would prefer to record in WAV as it is a higher quality and more universal format.

Any suggestions on set up or configuration of the WAV settings? I was using 48hz and max bits of 1536000

Sure, record as .WAV (I'd use 44.1Khz, 16 bit, stereo, the CD standard) and then convert the .WAV to .WMA for the ID. At least you can copy/paste back to the .WAV files.