greybird

Toast Is A Total Waste Of Your Money!

Question

I have owned various Toast programs and also Easy CD creator over the years, and the tech support (dare I even call it that) is worse than awful! Incompetent to say the least! Buy this poorly designed program and you are making a huge error in judgement! That is my opinion... other freeware programs will serve you better... tech support is only interested in logging you in and takes FOREVER... language barrier... and then they have no idea what to tell you and what to advise, and assign you a case number! Save your money... don't buy or upgrade TOAST!

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

I agree with you as far as the competency of tech Support is concerned (I even doubt if she/he can read English). Too bad. With Toast Titanium 11 with plug in for HD (I am a newbie) I am satisfied so far. It does what I want it to do; to burn my HD iMovie projects on a Blu ray disc.

I have owned various Toast programs and also Easy CD creator over the years, and the tech support (dare I even call it that) is worse than awful! Incompetent to say the least! Buy this poorly designed program and you are making a huge error in judgement! That is my opinion... other freeware programs will serve you better... tech support is only interested in logging you in and takes FOREVER... language barrier... and then they have no idea what to tell you and what to advise, and assign you a case number! Save your money... don't buy or upgrade TOAST!

Instead of just ranting, why not posting what issue you encountered so maybe someone here can help you?

Instead of just ranting, why not posting what issue you encountered so maybe someone here can help you?

@gaper1. With the greatest respect, is there any point in users posting here about the problems they are experiencing with Toast 11?.

I purchased it a couple of months ago and immediately discovered that I could not use it as designed. It is so bad that a member of Roxio staff even posted a link to a beta version which has eliminated some of the bugs. Because of some of my complaints here on this group, an Administrator arranged for Customer Support to telephone me from India. Over a period of a couple of days I had numerous calls from India and spoke with Support for a couple of hours, describing in detail the current problems that Toast 11.0.6 users are experiencing. At the request of Support I even forwarded various files for their investigation.

During my conversations with them, I was amazed to learn, that they admitted that they do NOT read this group and had no idea of the extent of the problems. I spoke with two different Managers and was promised a quick response. A month has now past, I have heard nothing, and nothing has been resolved. I agree 100% with the comments made by Greybird and firmly believe, that unless Corel get to grips with sorting out Toast 11.0.6 and offer a professional Customer Support, they will definately "kill the goose that laid the golden egg", that is, if it is not already dead!

@gaper1. With the greatest respect, is there any point in users posting here about the problems they are experiencing with Toast 11?.

I purchased it a couple of months ago and immediately discovered that I could not use it as designed. It is so bad that a member of Roxio staff even posted a link to a beta version which has eliminated some of the bugs. Because of some of my complaints here on this group, an Administrator arranged for Customer Support to telephone me from India. Over a period of a couple of days I had numerous calls from India and spoke with Support for a couple of hours, describing in detail the current problems that Toast 11.0.6 users are experiencing. At the request of Support I even forwarded various files for their investigation.

During my conversations with them, I was amazed to learn, that they admitted that they do NOT read this group and had no idea of the extent of the problems. I spoke with two different Managers and was promised a quick response. A month has now past, I have heard nothing, and nothing has been resolved. I agree 100% with the comments made by Greybird and firmly believe, that unless Corel get to grips with sorting out Toast 11.0.6 and offer a professional Customer Support, they will definately "kill the goose that laid the golden egg", that is, if it is not already dead!

Roxio staff rarely visits these forums but it does happen at times. After all, patatrox posted the 11.1 beta here. But I don't think any of their technical support people ever read these posts.

Roxio is very clear that they see these as user forums. I do take some offense that you don't see any point in posting about your Toast issues here. I consider the information here very helpful to users. When I'm told of an issue about which I'm unfamiliar I usually try to create the same problem on my Mac to confirm it and to investigate whether I can find a workaround. One thing you'll find here that you won't find from their Tech support is recommendations about using other tools (such as MPEG Streamclip) to rectify problems.

I wish Toast 11 fully worked as advertised. I wished that for Toast 10, 9, 8, 7, 6.... Roxio keeps adding more capabilities without always fixing wasn't working. It is frustrating for me, too. On the other hand, I use it a lot so it must be doing many things well.

The Roxio / Corel tech support is worthless, in my opinion. If I had listened to them, I would have actually received a full refund of my purchase of Toast11Pro (outside the 30 day window) and of course not be the pleased user I am today. But, before I took them up on that offer, I came here and have had several problems, or just issues of my not understanding the software, solved (thanks to tsantee). Toast11Pro makes better quality DVDs than I was making on iDVD, and I have been able to make Blu-rays of an 80 minute film, time after time, flawlessly. I know Toast/Roxio advertises a lot more than DVD and Blu-ray creation, but that is why I purchased the software, and I am quite pleased with its abilities in those areas. I can't speak to the other aspects of the software. But, you will find help on this forum!

• Like 1

Hello,

I agree with everything on this thread..

1. Help is available on this site! tsantee is fantastic, always responding with good information. Thank you very much!

2. Roxio tech support is worse than useless because it takes so much time and nothing is resolved.

3. Roxio has been sold off and kicked around, each time getting less and less corporate support. I agree that it probably won't be around much longer.

More comments: I have used Creator 2011 with much success. Some issues came up and I was on this forum with some PC guys, about 5 of them. All excellent! I expected similar product and forum support on the Toast side and was terribly disappointed. The product is just not-ready-4-primetime!!! Again, tsantee is every bit as savvy and supportive as the guys on the PC side and I commend him.

Thanks again, tsantee... I like your Austin 3000!