• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Question About Burning A Widescreen Dvd

sringsmuth

Question

I've got some widescreen Quicktime movies I'm trying to burn as standard video DVD discs, but no matter how I have my Toast settings configured they don't burn properly. The Quicktime movies are 629*274, but when Toast burns them the resulting DVDs are encoded at 352*480. They look awful, too. Am I overlooking something? How do I get Toast to simply burn a widescreen DVD?

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

I've got some widescreen Quicktime movies I'm trying to burn as standard video DVD discs, but no matter how I have my Toast settings configured they don't burn properly. The Quicktime movies are 629*274, but when Toast burns them the resulting DVDs are encoded at 352*480. They look awful, too. Am I overlooking something? How do I get Toast to simply burn a widescreen DVD?

Thank you!

Toast's MPEG encoder doesn't do well with source files having odd aspect ratios. My recommendation is to use the Toast Convert window to do a custom conversion to a standard aspect ratio. For example, use the settings shown here. You also can choose DVCPRO25 so the video file is half the size in megabytes.

post-120-0-12459900-1341266490_thumb.png