glundeen

Error Opening Existing Projects With .avi Files Or Trying To Add .avi Files To Projects

Question

Purchased a new computer in January with Windows 7. Upgraded from Roxio Creator 2011 to 2012 Pro at the same time. Have existing projects from the 2011 version that contain .avi files. Had no problems with those files in that version. Just opened some of those projects in 2012 Pro and received the following error: "One or more of the files you have selected are unsupported or possibly corrupt. You may need to install additional software to support playback of these files." If I try to add an .avi file to a new or existing project, I receive the following error: "One or more of the files you are trying to add cannot be edited, and have not been added." In addition, when trying to play .avi files in Media Player, I received an error. After spending hours researching the error, I upgraded DivX and now .avi files are playing in this software instead of Media Player, however, this did not resolve the issue in Roxio Creator 2012 Pro. If anyone has experienced these errors and has a solution, please let me know. Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I fixed the problem myself after searching the Internet several times for a resolution. The Internet suggested that I download the K-Lite Codec Pack. That didn't work. I searched the Internet again and finally found a resolution. I deleted K-Lite, deleted Divx software that was pre-installed on my new computer, and downloaded the Windows 7 Codec Pack and that resolved the issue.