Sign in to follow this  
ray12

Converting Nikon Mov Files To Convert To Dvd

Question

Hello. I am actually helping my son. He has learned how to use Premiere Pro (5.5) which I still find very difficult. He has a Nikon 3100 DSLR that uses a very compressed form of MOV files and he has started to create various types of videos. Right now, the only compatible format to export the MOV files in Premiere Pro that I could find compatible in Roxio to create a DVD is: AVI with preset NTSC DV Widescreen 24p; but I would like to maintain the 1080p MOV file but this only setting only does 720p. Every time I try something, I get the message "The source and output audio channels are not compatible or a conversion does not exist". If anyone is familiar with the export settings in Premiere Pro (5..5) to maintain a compatible file type to create a DVD with 1080p output, I would be very appreciative. All the file types available has made this process very difficult. Thank you

7 answers to this question

Can you simply use the MOV files as is in Roxio???

I know some digital cameras that try to pretend to be camcorders often don't work :huh:

Yet I got some from a friend with a Nikon (1920 X 1080 MOV) and they work without any problems...

If you bring them into VideoWave you must start with a 16:9 Widescreen Project in order to use HD!!!

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Of course, if you use Premiere Pro, you get much better results than with VideoWave. He has applied a lot of special effects. For some reason, you can't output MOV in Premiere to "same as original", so I am looking for a compatible file type. Premiere is such a bear to work with. I know those MOV nikon files are recognized in VideoWave. The Nikon D3100 DLSR produces excellent videos; The quality is just great; it's like looking at great photos; better than any camcorder I have seen. He uses a fixed lens and it also does great indoor video. I was hoping someone is familiar with Premiere.

This is a strange place to ask for help with Premier Pro - don't you think? This is a Roxio forum to help with Roxio products.

Well. Yes and no. I am using Roxio to burn the DVD. VideoWave might still be used even in a pinch for minor editing once you have created your special effects. I am just trying to find a compatible file to work with. So far I have just been able to do 720p. You don't think it is possible for someone who uses Roxio to not know how to use Premiere? There are people who use different software. Roxio is very limited but does what it can do well. VideoWave is a good program to start with. I play around with Premiere but mostly use Roxio. It is easier to use. I was just hoping that maybe someone might have some knowledge of Premiere.

If you want to edit in Premiere and burn in NyDVD, you can output to any standard format for the intended purpose. For example if you are creating a DVD, then output to MPEG2 in Premiere. If you are creating a Bluray, then output 720p or 1080p .m2ts. MyDVD will accept other file formats, but then MyDVD may have to re-render to conform to the disc type standard.

I agree, if DVD Quality is your goal there is No Point in outputing HD clips to use in Roxio...

Of course Roxio's MyDVD has the ability to switch burning output from BD to DVD at the click of switch :huh:

post-39730-0-55210700-1341399848_thumb.jpg

Pretty handy when you are produciing to multiple formats ;)

A lot of people use Adobe to create then jump to other software to render/burn with.