• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is There A Way To Get The Boost Accelerator Installed In Toast 11 Titanium?

NToWin

Question

My export speed is slow and I know for sure that my mac is not slow in general. I have a couple of questions which I would really appreciate being answered. Does the Boost Accelerator only come with the Pro version? Is there a way to download the Boost as a plugin and if so where would I find it? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

What Roxio is calling videoboost is built into Toast 11. It requires no add on, nor the Pro version. However, "VideoBoost requires a compatible NVIDIA® card and 4 GB of RAM for optimal performance." I'm don't know which graphics cards meet that description. If your Mac has a compatible NVIDIA card go to the Energy Saver panel in System Preferences and make sure Higher Performance is selected. Then go to the Video section of Toast Preferences and place a check mark by the TurboBoost option.

My export speed is slow and I know for sure that my mac is not slow in general. I have a couple of questions which I would really appreciate being answered. Does the Boost Accelerator only come with the Pro version? Is there a way to download the Boost as a plugin and if so where would I find it? Thanks!

I don't know anything about Boost Accelerator, but I do know that my new MacBook Pro with 8 MB of RAM has speeded up export substantially. What used to take about 12 hours for a Blu-Ray export on my older MB Pro with 4 MB of RAM now only takes about 3 hours.

Edited by gspanos