• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

babesbarn

Purchased Creator 2012 And Many Unusable Icons Now

Question

Hello this is my first time with this forum. I originally had the "starter" and then purchased Roxio Creator 2012 just the other day. I see icons on my desktop that require serial numbers for Facelifter, DVXPlus Converter, DVXMovies and DVXPlayer. Those icons do nothing for me and I did write to customer service and was directed to this forum. So HELP please so that I understand why i have icons and cannot click on those to use the products OR are they just for "looks"?

I am pretty computer knowledgeable so I naturally am interested in not clogging up my desktop with nonscense. I did open Creator 3012 and can do many things that I could not before with the "starter" I got with my Dell XPS 8300 computer.

So does anyone have any idea how I am able to register the icon programs on my desktop? I already registered Roxio Creator 2012. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Like I said before I got nothing as a help from the store I got it from. Which was online.

18 answers to this question

Hello this is my first time with this forum. I originally had the "starter" and then purchased Roxio Creator 2012 just the other day. I see icons on my desktop that require serial numbers for Facelifter, DVXPlus Converter, DVXMovies and DVXPlayer. Those icons do nothing for me and I did write to customer service and was directed to this forum. So HELP please so that I understand why i have icons and cannot click on those to use the products OR are they just for "looks"?

I am pretty computer knowledgeable so I naturally am interested in not clogging up my desktop with nonscense. I did open Creator 3012 and can do many things that I could not before with the "starter" I got with my Dell XPS 8300 computer.

So does anyone have any idea how I am able to register the icon programs on my desktop? I already registered Roxio Creator 2012. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Like I said before I got nothing as a help from the store I got it from. Which was online.

You have Creator 2012 or Creator 2012 Pro?

DivX gets installed along with the Creator 2012 disc number 1.

My Pro version disc number 2 contains Reallusion FaceFilter, Sonicfire Pro, iZOTOPE, UnifiedColor HDR Express.

Thank you for responding to my question. I purchased the offered $49.99 Roxio Creator 2012. Was not offered a "Pro". I did see there were two installation set ups as the installation called for 2 and I waited for each to complete. Once it was complete I registered the product. But still there is no serial number that is available. As a matter of fact, when I saw the icons and clicked on Facelifter, it asked me to fill out registration but stopped at the serial number since I could not provide one. Seems that I cannot proceed further on those icons and do not know if they are actually part of the purchase. Since I have only received the following reply from the online store support; Please note i have a Roxio Creator "Key" which allowed me to download the software online.

Dear Beverly Carter,

Thank you for contacting the Sonic Solutions Online Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We’re sorry, the Sonic Solutions Online Store is unable to assist with

technical issues with the software you have purchased. To reach our

technical support team, please go to the following site:

URL: http://support.roxio.com/

For product information and technical support our support department now

requires all customers to create online accounts and register products

in order to access our online services. After you register, you will be

able to login and access the Sonic Solutions improved Knowledge Database

and send our technical support department email.

To register your product, please go to:

http://support.sonic.com/registration.asp

If you’ve already registered your product and require support, please go

to:

http://support.sonic.com/login/

Sincerely,

Benjamin M.

Sonic Solutions Online Store

Customer Service

sonicstorecs@digitalriver.com

Email ID: 23138910

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

A shopper has emailed customer service with a request. The following

reasons were selected for the contact, and the specified email address

was given for contact.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not able to respond as I get return my email returned and the links did not work for me. So I am here and hope someone can give me some infor whether I am suppose to get some exciting features that I do not have serial numbers for.

Thank you....

Thank you for responding to my question. I purchased the offered $49.99 Roxio Creator 2012. Was not offered a "Pro". I did see there were two installation set ups as the installation called for 2 and I waited for each to complete. Once it was complete I registered the product. But still there is no serial number that is available. As a matter of fact, when I saw the icons and clicked on Facelifter, it asked me to fill out registration but stopped at the serial number since I could not provide one. Seems that I cannot proceed further on those icons and do not know if they are actually part of the purchase. Since I have only received the following reply from the online store support; Please note i have a Roxio Creator "Key" which allowed me to download the software online.

Dear Beverly Carter,

Thank you for contacting the Sonic Solutions Online Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We’re sorry, the Sonic Solutions Online Store is unable to assist with

technical issues with the software you have purchased. To reach our

technical support team, please go to the following site:

URL: http://support.roxio.com/

For product information and technical support our support department now

requires all customers to create online accounts and register products

in order to access our online services. After you register, you will be

able to login and access the Sonic Solutions improved Knowledge Database

and send our technical support department email.

To register your product, please go to:

http://support.sonic...egistration.asp

If you’ve already registered your product and require support, please go

to:

http://support.sonic.com/login/

Sincerely,

Benjamin M.

Sonic Solutions Online Store

Customer Service

sonicstorecs@digitalriver.com

Email ID: 23138910

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

A shopper has emailed customer service with a request. The following

reasons were selected for the contact, and the specified email address

was given for contact.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not able to respond as I get return my email returned and the links did not work for me. So I am here and hope someone can give me some infor whether I am suppose to get some exciting features that I do not have serial numbers for.

Thank you....

All my CD Keys are on the back of the paper CD Sleeve disc one came in.

Check yours..

I downloaded the software online and no information other than the "Key" for Creator 2012 was given to me. I still have the email. There is no serial number at all. The Creator opens up just fine. I am concerned about the icons that appeared once the software successfully was added to my computer. I did not use a disk. I did not order a disk, that was "extra". I am wondering if Facefilter and the DivX Movies, Player, Converter icons are part of the system I purchased since I have icons. Normally icons do not appear unless you download something. And as I said, the set up for FaceFilter was a surprise.

I downloaded the software online and no information other than the "Key" for Creator 2012 was given to me. I still have the email. There is no serial number at all. The Creator opens up just fine. I am concerned about the icons that appeared once the software successfully was added to my computer. I did not use a disk. I did not order a disk, that was "extra". I am wondering if Facefilter and the DivX Movies, Player, Converter icons are part of the system I purchased since I have icons. Normally icons do not appear unless you download something. And as I said, the set up for FaceFilter was a surprise.

They were probably part of the download. Look in start all programs for those entries.

You had to get a email with Creator 2012 CD Key look at it for other CD Keys.

Could you of got another email with those CD Keys maybe ended up in your junk mail?

Or you might of deleted it?

All emails received and nothing in there with more than one key. The one key is for the purchased Creator 2012 period. As a matter of fact, I had originally contacted the customer service when I purchased it and they said they were having issues themselves. They did not speak very good English but I did understand when I spoke on the telephone with them. Emailing is fruitless.Can i give you my order number and maybe you can see if you know anything. Of course I am assuming you are part of Roxio. I hope.

No one here is part of Corel/Roxio, we are users just like you. Sometimes a Corel employee looks in but that is becoming more and more seldom

Thank you so much! I went back to my emails because I got numerous duplicates from Roxio and one of them has a key number for FaceFilter Studio. So i copied and pasted it and IT WORKED! Not sure why I got a Norton virus protector with it because I already have McAfree on subscription. But thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Nothing is worse that not knowing if you are getting all the icon stuff. Lots of studying to do now.

One more thing. I do not see that Symantic Norton Virus protector is in my programs downloaded and do have the icon. So where might I find it to remove it. I believe that even with the great speed my xps has two virus protectors would be having a "duel" am I correct? Thanks so much for the help. Your guys are great. glad I joined up.

Did you install the Norton program? If not then just delete the icon, maybe it is just a link to the "install".

Actually, I usually do not install all those "extras" since they are usually crippled and limited versions of the full retail program.

Download and run "Revo Uninstaller" (free) - link using the moderate mode. See if Norton is listed and, if so, uninstall it using that program. I think that Walt is correct, it just maybe a link to the website where you could install it if you wanted it. More and more, there are these tag along shortcuts or browser add-ons. You do have to be careful.

While you are there, you might want to see if there is anything else listed can be removed. If in doubt, leave it.

Have fun with FaceFilter if you take a lot of people portrait pictures and want to make the person look different. Watch the tutorial - it isn't that easy though.

I appreciate your tips! I did look at the link you provided Digital Guru and wonder if it is a trial version that says free. As you know, everyone tries to get us to click the wrong download. Is this the trial version of Revo Uninstaller Free? Thanks again all .

I appreciate your tips! I did look at the link you provided Digital Guru and wonder if it is a trial version that says free. As you know, everyone tries to get us to click the wrong download. Is this the trial version of Revo Uninstaller Free? Thanks again all .

Download the "Free" version - it is not a trial version. Many of us here have only the Free version and it is the one we recommend.

If you run a 64 bit OS you need to use the Professional trial...

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware and Professional

Revo Uninstaller Professional is a FULLY FUNCTIONALTRIAL - 30 DAYS FREE!

post-97-0-29103300-1341703940_thumb.jpg

If you run a 64 bit OS you need to use the Professional trial...

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware and Professional

Revo Uninstaller Professional is a FULLY FUNCTIONALTRIAL - 30 DAYS FREE!

post-97-0-29103300-1341703940_thumb.jpg

Where does it say you need to use the Professional trial if you have a 64 bit OS?

I have Vista 64 and I am running the free version

Where does it say you need to use the Professional trial if you have a 64 bit OS?

I have Vista 64 and I am running the free version

You might not have "Full 64-bit Compatibility" then. :(

post-208-0-97599200-1341744025_thumb.jpg

Brendon

The free version will remove any 32bit apps running on 64bit OS. You need the Pro version to remove 64bit apps. The Pro can also monitor installs and does a more thorough job of removing apps. I've never regretted buying the Pro version. I install/uninstall a lot of stuff. LOL