• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
tobyfoote

Intel Core Duo Support For Popcorn

Question

I just bought a new Apple iMac with the Intel Core Duo chip. Apple says Rosetta will work on *most* applications -- does Roxio Popcorn work correctly with the new chip? And will I be able to download an update for Universal support (a "cross-grade" not an upgrade) when it's available for free?

Any information is much appreciated.

Toby Foote

7 answers to this question

I have now used Roxio Popcorn on an iMac G5 and an Intel Core Duo iMac, and there is a definate difference. I have a Panasonic DVD player, and the DVDs I burned with Popcorn on the G5 work fine... The DVDs I burned with Popcorn on the Intel iMac do *not* work... My Panasonic DVD player doesn't even recognize the disk. I'm using DVD+R media.

Since this is roxio.com, can someone from Roxio respond to this?!?! And are there other people having this problem?

How are you validating this? What equipment are you using to burn (which Mac)? What DVD player are you testing this on? How many disks have you had success with? What type of DVD media are you using?

Any other information can also be useful. Thanks for your help!

How are you validating this? What equipment are you using to burn (which Mac)? What DVD player are you testing this on? How many disks have you had success with? What type of DVD media are you using?

Any other information can also be useful. Thanks for your help!

I have burned over 50 dvd's using popcorn 1.03 on my Imac intel dual core....ALL have worked on both panasonic and sony dvd players. I have used Memorex dvd+R, Verbatim DVD+R and TDK DVD+R.

I just bought a new Apple iMac with the Intel Core Duo chip. Apple says Rosetta will work on *most* applications -- does Roxio Popcorn work correctly with the new chip? And will I be able to download an update for Universal support (a "cross-grade" not an upgrade) when it's available for free?

Any information is much appreciated.

Toby Foote

I have an Intel iMac. Using either Toast 5 or Popcorn, I can create a DVD disc image but these images will not mount on the Intel iMac. They will mount on a G4 Powerbook - and hence I can burn then from there - but this is a pretty unsatisafctory work-around.

Is anyone else ableto successfully mount Roxio created DVD disc images?

SB