Question

when i am recording the VHS to save onto my computer, sometimes it displays no signal and it will not record. While that is happening i can still hear the audio but it will not display and i cannot record it. Why is this happening? is it my RCA cables is it bc the VHS tape has bad sectors? I want to transfer all these vhs videos to dvd but it seems like its not working.

6 answers to this question

As a quick test, use a DVD player/camcorder as the source (instead of VCR).

What is the make and model # of your VCR?.

when i am recording the VHS to save onto my computer, sometimes it displays no signal and it will not record. While that is happening i can still hear the audio but it will not display and i cannot record it. Why is this happening? is it my RCA cables is it bc the VHS tape has bad sectors? I want to transfer all these vhs videos to dvd but it seems like its not working.

First, post the information about your computer. Read this and attach the results of the dxdiag evaluation. It will tell us a whole lot about what computer you have, drivers, free space, etc. It sounds like some of the problems are computer related. If you have an old, slow computer, it simply can't keep up.

If you connect that VHS player to a TV, do you get good output?

Have you player around with tracking on the VHS player? Have you run it to the end and then rewound it?

Any gaps in the tape will stop the capture.

i do not have a camcorder to test it all i have it just old vhs tapes and my vcr

i have a toshiba a665

intel core i5 4gb ram

M480 @2.67 ghz

64-bit operation system

windows premium 7

i dont think its my computer...its fairly new...i may try another vcr maybe???

How about a DVD player....if you don't have one, borrow one from a friend, neighbour/relative (just to test). Cancorders or DVD players usually have a better quality signal than a VCR. You need to prove that the Roxio device is working ok.

Again what is the make and model # of your VCR.

Also you were asked in post 3 to try a couple of things that might help with old tapes "Have you played around with tracking on the VHS player? Have you run it to the end and then rewound it"

Edited by ogdens

Do you know HOW MANY different variations of Toshiba a665 there are? What are the rest of the numbers/letters of the model number?

Did you read the above posts? Where is the dxdiag txt file that was asked for.? Did you know that blue text are links?

ANSWER ALL the questions if you really want help or contact Roxio for the privilege of answering the same questions.

Are we running into a language issue or just carelessness?

What version of the Easy VHS TO DVD Software do you have?

Click this link here.

Open Device manager do you show these two Roxio entries under Sound, video and game controllers?

post-97-0-53438800-1342185209_thumb.jpg