• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bohalloran

Flip4mac And Toast7 Conflict?

Question

Hi,

Has anyone tried flip4mac version 2.0.1 and had any problems with Toast quitting immediately after launching?

I downloaded flip4mac today, its free and seems to work well in opening wmv files. I am using a PM G5 with 10.4.4 and QT 7.0.4 pro with Toast 7.0.2.

I was encoding an imovie 6 file in Toast and it suddenly quit. Didn't know why, at any rate I did repair permissions, then deleted Toast pref and plist, restarted the mac, opened Toast and it quit. I then downloaded Toast 7, again deleted plist and pref, repaired permissions and reinstalled Toast. Opened Toast and it quit again.

So then I deleted all Toast files, repaired permissions and reinstalled Toast and it did not quit.

I have read in the Apple fourms under iMovie 6 that there may be problems with flip4mac and QT and imovie and wondered if that might also effect Toast.

Anyone else experienced this?

Bob

6 answers to this question

I have Flip4Mac 2.0.1 installed (a paid version) and burned two CD's with Toast 7.0.2 today. All went fine. But these were simple Data-discs, haven't tried anything else yet.

ehmmm freshburn, how come you kept your total posts number while yours truly seems to have started over again after the revamp?

BTW a lot of very useful threads have been lost, I think. Or have they been archieved somewhere?

ehmmm freshburn, how come you kept your total posts number while yours truly seems to have started over again after the revamp?

BTW a lot of very useful threads have been lost, I think. Or have they been archieved somewhere?

Well, Tsantee and I had over 4000 post each before. The admin just gave us a new random post # so people would listen to us more :)

If you contact the admin, he can bump up your count. All the old posts are gone though.

Edited by freshburn

>BTW a lot of very useful threads have been lost, I think. Or have they been archieved somewhere?

On the plus side... the new forums search capabilities are 100x better... so at least people will now be able to search them for answers more accurately.