DaveHabby

No Audio Input Options In Video Capture Creator 2012 Pro

Question

I am trying to capture video from a video camera attached to the composite video input of an installed capture card. The video signal is ok and available devices options are there. When I go into options to select an audio option there are no options in the devices box. So I am getting no audio input. If I go into the "music/audio" option from the Creator 2012 pro home screen and select capture audio I have the full array of audio devices attached to the computer as options: mic, line in, pod 6 interface. I have a free starter edition of Serif Movieplus installed on the computer and this offers all available devices in video capture. I am running vista HP. I have tried reinstalling using repair, and uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

10 answers to this question

I am trying to capture video from a video camera attached to the composite video input of an installed capture card. The video signal is ok and available devices options are there. When I go into options to select an audio option there are no options in the devices box. So I am getting no audio input. If I go into the "music/audio" option from the Creator 2012 pro home screen and select capture audio I have the full array of audio devices attached to the computer as options: mic, line in, pod 6 interface. I have a free starter edition of Serif Movieplus installed on the computer and this offers all available devices in video capture. I am running vista HP. I have tried reinstalling using repair, and uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Who's card and who's drivers?

In device manager the tv card is specified as FlyTV 34+ and driver is Lifeview version 23.35.2.1. The TV card is actually branded as Mercury and was culled from my old XP computer. The driver and spec in device manager are what were automatically installed when I fired up the computer after putting the card in. Driver is apparently up to date and card is working ok.

In device manager the tv card is specified as FlyTV 34+ and driver is Lifeview version 23.35.2.1. The TV card is actually branded as Mercury and was culled from my old XP computer. The driver and spec in device manager are what were automatically installed when I fired up the computer after putting the card in. Driver is apparently up to date and card is working ok.

It's not a Roxio Device or Driver why do you think it will work?

cd is right!

There is a high probability that your card will not work in Roxio... I have an AverMedia Card in my PC and it only works in their software even though I can select it from Roxio:

post-39730-0-75504800-1342981574_thumb.jpg

Likewise the Roxio USB Device does not work in the AverMedia software :(

However, right click your Speaker icon and check the Recording Devices and Mixer controls to make sure your card is selected and the volume is up!

post-39730-0-07823900-1342981527_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-48765400-1342981528_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-75554600-1342981529_thumb.jpg

The set up works in as far as I am able to specify my card as the video capture device, view the preview and capture the video. but with no audio as there are no devices in the audio input options of the video capture section. However if I also open the audio/music option and "capture audio from sound card" I can capture the audio separately from any of the installed audio devices. Running the two operations together I end up with a video with no sound and an audio file. Obviously they are out of synch as there is a delay between starting record in each operation. I can obviously trim and put them together in the editor, but this is cumbersome and inaccurate and seems crazy that I should have to. I really need to be able to specify the audio interface as I am using a pod 6 usb box with large diaphram condensor mic for the audio recording which goes through signal processing software before being recorded therefore a having to Roxio USB capture device which just gives me an audio line in isn't going to work very well for what I am trying to do.

Video capture window post-105322-0-29670400-1342998065_thumb.jpg

No Audio input options in video capture window post-105322-0-62168800-1342998089_thumb.jpg

Options in Audio/music capture section.post-105322-0-79958400-1342998113_thumb.jpg

This is what I get in Serif MoviePlus starter edition which is free. post-105322-0-74643400-1342998145_thumb.jpg to illustrate the setup I am struggling to achieve with Creator Por 2012.

I get about the same results as cd...

If I select my AverMedia Card I don't even get Video or any choice of Audio:

post-39730-0-48224500-1343055118_thumb.jpg

But if I use the Roxio Video Capture USB which has the recognized drivers installed, I get it ALL!!!

post-39730-0-38074300-1343055121_thumb.jpg

It would be nice to keep old stuff working, but without up to date drivers it just doesn't happen... When Win7 came out I lost the use of one camcorder as well as a Analogue to Digital Converter. Both still work in XP but cannot be made to work with Win7. :(

You may be able to find some software that will give you One Stop Capture or you may have to update hardware to something line Roxio's USB device...

Thanks for all the replies, help and input on this. Frankly it is more than a bit annoying to have laid out on the Roxio software to find I can't get it to do what I want it to do when I could have opted for the full version of serif Movieplus, which it seems would, at pretty much the same cost. Now have additional cost of buying Roxio USB device and probably having to find an alternative/compromise on what I want to do with thew audio.

Remember that Roxio/Corel has a 30 day $$ back guarantee on the products IF they are bought from their on-line store.

Read this (link)

Edited by sknis

Thanks for all the replies, help and input on this. Frankly it is more than a bit annoying to have laid out on the Roxio software to find I can't get it to do what I want it to do when I could have opted for the full version of serif Movieplus, which it seems would, at pretty much the same cost. Now have additional cost of buying Roxio USB device and probably having to find an alternative/compromise on what I want to do with thew audio.

Really???

So I should be annoyed at my AverMedia $200 capture card that only works with their Propitary Software?

TV Cards are usually the worse offenders but I would be willing to bet that they included software that you can capture with?

If you can return Roxio, as Steve laid out, great!

If not then we need to look for some workaround that will allow you to capture with something, and use Roxio for editing/authoring :D

See what you can come up wih but keep us in mind, we will be glad to help ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin