• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JFK56

Will Toast 11 Pro Work With The New Mac Os 10.8 Mountain Lion?

Question

Has anyone tried using Toast 11 Pro with the new Apple Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion? Are they compatible?

I'm waiting to read any posts from someone having problems with Toast in Mountain Lion. My expectation is it performs the same as in Lion which means only Mac2TiVo doesn't work at all. You should check the sites for the developers of the third-party bundled apps in Toast Pro to assure you have their latest updates. Roxio doesn't inform you of updates available to those apps (nor do they inform us about much of anything else). There is a Toast 11.1 beta that's posted for download in this forum but there has been no further updates to it or information about it in the past couple months.

I'm holding off upgrading to Mountain Lion until Apple releases at least their first update to it.

Edited by tsantee

Thanks for your reply. Great suggestion to also check the sites for the third party apps. Also, you are probably smart to hold off to upgrading to Mountain Lion until Apple releases their first upgrade. I did send a message to Roxio Tech Support too with the same question but so far I have not received any reply from them. Thanks again!

No, it does not...

Please expound on this. What doesn't work in Mountain Lion that worked in Lion?

Please expound on this. What doesn't work in Mountain Lion that worked in Lion?

This may not be of much help, but I got the following link from an article posted on MacWorld.com as a site that lists many apps and if they work with Mountain Lion.

http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

While it says that it works with lion, it has some trouble (does not elaborate) with mountain lion.

I've corresponded twice with Roxio (now Corel) support and both times they say Toast 11, and Tivo Transfer work in Mountain Lion. After they told me that, I *may* now buy Toast 11, but I'm waiting to hear from someone who has actually used the program. Anyone?

Case 01362592 - ref:_00D60Jqva._50060KThCB:ref"
:"

"
Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Chris, thank you for replying to my e-mail. I understand that you wish to know about the compatiblity of Toast 11 with Mac OS Mountain Lion. I enquired this with the department concerned with and they informed me that, Toast 11 is compatible with Mountain Lion but System Audio Capture function (which is a stand alone program called CD Spin Doctor X) is not compatible on Mountain Lion and will not work on it.

You can use Toast 11 in Mac OS Mountain Lion.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Balaji

Corel Customer Support Services

"

"Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Chris, thank you for replying to my e-mail. Tivo transfer program works with Mountail Lion OS.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Balaji

Corel Customer Support Services "

Can't open Toast 11.0.6 at all after Mountain Lion install. Continually crashes immediately after trying to open - reports to Apple. Didn't have any problems with Lion.

Ditto what Drawbridge said. Toast 11.0.6 has to be force quit every time I try to open it. Funny thing is, I opened it right after installing Mountain Lion yesterday and it opened just fine. I'm going to try going back to 10.0.9, which the site someone referred to above says works ok. I tried 10.0.8, which I currently have installed as well as 11.0.6, and it didn't work either. Also going to look for that 11.1 beta. I love Toast, but Roxio support is not exactly world class. :-/

A quick followup to my last post. I updated Toast 10 to 10.0.9, and it launched ok. Before I did anything with it, I restarted my computer and tried Toast 11. After the restart, with Toast 11.0.6 being the only program open, it seems to be working ok.

Alas, the following disaster occurred to me, and it seems be to a problem that's becoming more widely reported. Quite a few Mac user--myself included--report that after upgrading your Mac's OS to Mountain Lion (10.8) they can no longer make any use of their Superdrive. Many report that they'd burned a disc flawlessly, with no issues whatsoever, right up until the ML upgrade. NOW??? They can't find the Superdrive in finder, or they can't use it to burn, or they can't get it to load, or they can't get it to eject, or play...or some other disaster. A tidal wave of reports of Superdrive fails of various types since the ML upgrade of the Mac OS...SAMPLE Apple Support pages:

1) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4150905?start=0&tstart=0 OR

2) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4183278?start=0&tstart=0

I can also report that it appears that any Mac made prior to the very end of 2010 is more likely to have these problems, and that almost ALL of those machines are reporting that AirPlay no longer works for their Mac. My MBP is mid 2010, so I've got no AirPlay. Apple TV is, therefore, now useless...just a paperweight until Apple unscrews it up.

I used my AppleCare plan last week to have the Geniuses fix it. They replaced the Superdrive (pretending it was a hardware issue, it seems.) Now I can burn, but ONLY via iTunes. My Toast Titanium app is absolutely useless. Now I guess Roxio has to recode for ML, before they can send out an update patch.

Here's a further update to my posts from earlier. I am finding that Toast 11 seems to work just fine if it is the first program you open after a restart. There's also a possibility that another app breaks Toast. I'm wondering if Safari is the culprit, as I am using Firefox now and Toast is having no issues. I have also had Quicken Essentials open along with Toast 11 with no problems. Earlier I had Mail, Safari, and Unison open and Toast wouldn't even launch.

Phuqit, I am having a bit of a similar problem to yours with one of my drives. I have a Mac Pro with an Apple Super Drive in the top bay, and a Pioneer Blu Ray drive in the bottom bay. I noticed since I installed Mountain Lion that sometimes the Blu Ray drive doesn't show up. The only way to get it to appear is to shut down the Mac completely, then restart. After that everything appears to be ok.

Alas, the following disaster occurred to me, and it seems be to a problem that's becoming more widely reported. Quite a few Mac user--myself included--report that after upgrading your Mac's OS to Mountain Lion (10.8) they can no longer make any use of their Superdrive. Many report that they'd burned a disc flawlessly, with no issues whatsoever, right up until the ML upgrade. NOW??? They can't find the Superdrive in finder, or they can't use it to burn, or they can't get it to load, or they can't get it to eject, or play...or some other disaster. A tidal wave of reports of Superdrive fails of various types since the ML upgrade of the Mac OS...SAMPLE Apple Support pages:

1) https://discussions....&tstart=0 OR

2) https://discussions....tart=0&tstart=0

I can also report that it appears that any Mac made prior to the very end of 2010 is more likely to have these problems, and that almost ALL of those machines are reporting that AirPlay no longer works for their Mac. My MBP is mid 2010, so I've got no AirPlay. Apple TV is, therefore, now useless...just a paperweight until Apple unscrews it up.

I used my AppleCare plan last week to have the Geniuses fix it. They replaced the Superdrive (pretending it was a hardware issue, it seems.) Now I can burn, but ONLY via iTunes. My Toast Titanium app is absolutely useless. Now I guess Roxio has to recode for ML, before they can send out an update patch.

Hmmm, this is very disconcerting and scary. I think it will be at least six months from now before I upgrade to either toast 11.x or mountain lion. Right now I'm with lion and 10.0.9 and holding.

Thanks for the heads up.

Toast 11 is not working for me. First it can not find my internal superdrive. Second when burning to my external OWC blue ray burner it never completes, at 99% it freezes.

I am running 11.0.6

Does anyone know if the problem of not being able to use the superdrive after upgrading to ML applies only to Apple superdrives or any brand? i.e. owc, lacie, pioneer, etc.

Thanks,

Toast 11 is not working for me. First it can not find my internal superdrive. Second when burning to my external OWC blue ray burner it never completes, at 99% it freezes.

I am running 11.0.6

Toast 11.0.6 has a known issue where it doesn't complete burns. This isn't a Mountain Lion issue. The fix is to use Toast 11.0.4 which can be downloaded from Roxio's software updates page, or use the 11.1 beta for which there is a link elsewhere in this forum. Toast 11.1 is supposed to be released any day but it already is later than I was expecting.

• Like 1

I burn at least one disc every day, and I haven't had any issues with incomplete burns with 11.0.6

Glad to hear it. Some others aren't so fortunate. Their burns stop at 99%.

I also had problems with burns of spanned disks in 11.0.6. They didn't get past the first disk.

I've been using 11.0.6 with ML to convert Tivo programs to iPAD format. Seems to work fine.

However I am having trouble figuring out how to get iTUNES to see them once converted.

Toast 11.0.6 (730) works fine

in ML 10.8.1 (BUILD 12B17) Developer Preview

on MacBookPro 2.53 (late2008)

After reading all of the above I did some quick tests:

• Toast finds my Superdrive right away
  • burns Data-CD Mac/PC without any problem
  • burns DVD-Video PAL from image without any problem

I use Cocktail 6x (Pilot mode) every other day to keep my system clean.

Guest ivanatrox

Hi all,

Toast 11 is compatible with Mountain Lion. We are aware of some users encounter launch issue with it and currently investigating. We are planning to release an update to address the 99% burning issue and 10.8 compatibility issue (like Gatekeeper preventing installation) some time next week. I'll post again once the update is available.

Thanks!

Ivan

• Like 1

Guest ivanatrox

Hi all,

Toast 11.1 is available now through in app update and please apply the update and let us know if it resolves the issue for you. Stand alone installer for 11.1 will be available in the coming week.

Thanks!

Ivan

I can't install 11.1

The download goes fine, the installer launches, but when I get to the screen where I decided whether I want to include "Toast It and Mount It" options, the "Finish" button in unable to be clicked....no matter what choice I make. At the bottom left of the screen it states "An administrator password is required for installation" but I have not been prompted to put my admin password in.

Cheers,

Phil

• Like 1