• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Premier Xl Hd Video Transfer To Mac No Audio

TivoHawaii

Question

Yah no audio in Roxio Video Player. I tried using perian codec, not sure if i got that setup correctly either.

I want to bring the video into final cut pro x or adobe premier cs6 on my mac.

I'm recording the olympics and i want to save certain events. been working on this for several days now. aaaah

HELP!

haha i mean I just don't know what do do..

It's good that Roxio Video Player reports there is audio present. I don't know why you aren't hearing it. You need to convert the MPEG2 video from the TiVo to h.264 or some other format that can be used by FCP or Premiere. My thinking is the workflow is to use Toast's Convert window to convert the video to h.264 which in turns requires decoding the .ac3 audio. In order to decode the .ac3 you need the perian codec installed. You say you are uncertain if it is installed correctly. There really isn't a wrong way to do it. After installation you should have perian in the Other section of System Preferences. But there's still nothing you need to do but install it. Without perian the .ac3 audio won't get decoded and your resulting conversion will have no audio.

I'm curious why you are going to the effort of using FCP or Premiere. Most people just want to archive shows they record. The only editing they do is trim out the commercials. How are you planning to play the videos after you are done with them in FCP?

Edited by tsantee

Crazy still not working. I tried recording CBS HD channel jeopardy for a bout 1 minute and i was able to copy it to my MAC and there was audio. Could it be it has something to do with NBC and the olympics?

Can any of you record NBC olympics HD and copy it to your MAC with audio?

I'm not sure what's going on anymore.

I wanted to edit the video and keep only certain events like the swimming and track and field.

Oh well.

Crazy still not working. I tried recording CBS HD channel jeopardy for a bout 1 minute and i was able to copy it to my MAC and there was audio. Could it be it has something to do with NBC and the olympics?

Can any of you record NBC olympics HD and copy it to your MAC with audio?

I'm not sure what's going on anymore.

I wanted to edit the video and keep only certain events like the swimming and track and field.

Oh well.

I'm not sure which channel you're referring to. My cable company (Comcast) has a NBC Olympics basketball channel, NBC Olympics soccer channel, NBC, Bravo, MSNBC and NBCSP (sports channel) with Olympics coverage. I'll give them all a try to hear what I can get.

You can use Toast to trim specific scenes from a video so you don't need a video-editing app for that. Do you have the Blu-ray plugin? Are you planning to replay these in the future only on the computer or are you going to want to watch them on the TV? If the latter, do you have a something that can play streams from your Mac? I can do that with my Sony Blu-ray player as well as my Apple TV. The reason I'm asking is I may be able to suggest a workflow that is the easiest.

Addendum: I just checked all the channels except for the regular NBC channel (it isn't showing Olympics right now) and there was audio with all the channels. So my opinion is that it is your Mac not playing the audio rather than the audio not being present. If you exported a clip using Toast's Convert window my bet is you will hear the audio on the clip after it is converted.

Edited by tsantee

thanks for your reply.

I'm just talking about the regular NBC channel in HD.

Yah, I know you can do a trim so i was going to do a trim first then bring all the clips and make one video.

I don't have blue ray burner.

I now have tested with the regular NBC HD channel, too, and it has sound as well. I have no explanation for why this isn't the case with your transfer.

Yah just don't know what's goin On.

I programmed with season pass

The jeopardy recording was manual recording.

What audio type is your NBC recording?

Is it Dolby ac3?

When I select program information in Roxio Video Player it reports the audio as Dolby Digital, 6 channels, 48000 hz. Dolby Digital is .ac3.

Capturing with Season Pass should make no difference.

Still no luck. I recorded the non-hd nbc olympics and the audio is ok. So i don't know what's going on.

I'm able to playback the video on the tivo deck, but trying to play the video my mac there is no sound. aaah

This is making no sense to me. One program with ac3 audio does play the audio and another does not. So there is nothing stopping ac3 audio from playing on your Mac. I think you said you tried a different HD channel and it worked so it isn't an issue of HD instead of SD. You say the ac3 audio from NBC is 2 channels where my capture of it was 6 channels (also known as 5.1) so you're getting the NBC Olympics from a different provider than am I. Are you getting it over the air? You wondered if NBC is doing something to block the audio and I'm wondering if there is something your channel deliverer is doing to contaminate the audio stream. How do you get that channel?

Hi here is the link to the .tivo file. See if you can play it and hear the audio.

http://dl.dropbox.co...1343462400.TiVo

Unfortunately the .tivo transfer is linked to your TiVo's Media Access Key so I can't decode or play it. If you are not running Lion or Mountain Lion there is a free tool you can download to remove the .tivo container. Otherwise you need to have the Toast Blu-ray plugin and choose Save as Disc Image to create a HD version of the video without the .tivo container. Let me know if you have the plug-in or if you are running OS 10.6.x or earlier and I can tell you those steps.

I HAVE 10.6. I just bought the blue ray plug-in for toast 11. I installed it. I created a blue-ray image with extension .toast

What do i do now?

The first thing to do is find out if the audio now plays from the Blu-ray disc image. Go to the Toast Copy window and select Image File as the setting. Then click the Select... button to locate the .toast file you created. After selecting it Toast should mount the disc image in the Finder. If it doesn't mount it click the Mount button.

Now go to the Extras menu in Toast and select the Roxio Video Player. An Open... dialogue box should appear but if it doesn't choose Open... from the File menu. On the far left of the box you should see the name of your mounted movie as if a disc was inserted in your Mac. Select that movie and you should see two folders (BDMV and CERTIFICATE). You don't need to select either one. Just click the window's Open button and in a few seconds the video should start playing. Is there any audio playing?

I really hope the answer is yes you can hear the audio.

But if there is no audio then you can upload the larger .m2ts file that's in the BDMV>STREAMS folder to your Dropbox and I can check whether I can hear the audio.

I did the update, when i click ABOUT for tivo transfer it says 2.0, but when I click on check update is says u have the current version 2.1. What does your say when u click ABOUT for tiro transfer?

I tried transferring a video from tivo to my mac same problem no audio. I'm about to give up already.

It this doesn't work i think i'm gonna return my tivo. the video is pristine, but no audio is not good...and if i have to jump through rings just to get audio it doesn't make sense. aaaah

anyways i hope there is an easier solution to this.

thanks any more ideas?