• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

hondarider

Tivo Transfer Not Showing My Dvr ( Sometimes )

Question

I have a question about Tivo Transfer in regards to Ver. 2.1. Can I install just the Tivo Transfer? I have the update already, can

I choose to update just the Transfer or do I replace all in the programs? I'm currently using OSX Ver. 10.6.8 and Toast 11 Ver. 11.0.6.

The Tivo Transfer is Ver. 2.0. Sometimes when I start Tivo Transfer my DVR does not show up. If I restart my Mac it will show it

long enough to start a transfer, but not show any titles after a while. It does however complete the transfer and show at the bottom

how many files and how much space they take up. The network seems to work fine, I can go to the internet at anytime from my Tivo.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

You need version 2.1. It is contained with the rest of the Toast 11 bundle in the Toast 11 update available for download from Roxio's software updates page. You can copy over just the TiVo Transfer app if you like. However, I also suggest you copy over Toast 11.0.4 (without replacing 11.0.6) because many users have experienced problems with 11.0.6 completing disc burns.

While you're at it you might check the sites for the developers of Get Backup, Disc Cover and DiskCatalogMaker for free updates to the Toast-bundled versions.

I am trying to use Tivo Transfer 2.0 with my new iMac, running OS 10.8.2. On the left of the screen, my Tivo doesn't show under TIVO DVRs *(see attachment) like it did before on my old Mac. It should be listed there.

I forced the Tivo to connect to make sure that it is on my wireless network, and it connected no problem. I checked Tivo Desktop (version 1.95a), and Tivo Desktop is clicked to "On" and the Media Access Key is typed in. I even turned it off and back on, but still nothing. What can I do to resolve this issue?

post-41818-0-79827800-1362354710_thumb.jpg

I expect you are using TiVo Transfer 2.1. When you choose About TiVo Transfer from the menu it reports it is 2.0 but if you choose Get Info in the Finder it reports 2.1. So assuming you have the latest version you've already done everything I can think of. When mine wasn't recognized I restarted the TiVo and the wifi router which fixed the problem for me. You might search the Roxio support knowledgebase because I think there is an article there on this issue.

Did you check out this article in the support knowledge base? I don't know anything more to suggest. There may be a firewall in the way.