• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help With Installation

NerdyWhiteGuy12

Question

Hello all- I have an issue with installation and Tech Support isn't helpful AT ALL. Recently my dad bought me a Roxio Game Capture for my Xbox 360. I got it a few days later and opened it up and plugged in the audio and component cables and I then plugged in my hardware to find I needed the DVD. On my Acer Aspire One netbook, it has no internal disk drive. So a couple days later I bought an external DVD ROM drive. I began to install the software, to be greeted with Runtime error 0641. I googled it, and some site gave me a code to type into my command prompt. I typed it in and began to install again. Lo and behold- no more error code. It finished installing not long after. I then looked for the desktop icon that the Roxio official Youtube vid promised. Not so much. I looked in my program files and found an icon called LaunchPad. I clicked on it and it depressed but didn't load. I dragged a shortcut to my desktop, same song and dance. I've reinstalled and removed about 4 times now and it still does not work. Anyone know why? I have Windows XP by the way.

1 answer to this question

Hello all- I have an issue with installation and Tech Support isn't helpful AT ALL. Recently my dad bought me a Roxio Game Capture for my Xbox 360. I got it a few days later and opened it up and plugged in the audio and component cables and I then plugged in my hardware to find I needed the DVD. On my Acer Aspire One netbook, it has no internal disk drive. So a couple days later I bought an external DVD ROM drive. I began to install the software, to be greeted with Runtime error 0641. I googled it, and some site gave me a code to type into my command prompt. I typed it in and began to install again. Lo and behold- no more error code. It finished installing not long after. I then looked for the desktop icon that the Roxio official Youtube vid promised. Not so much. I looked in my program files and found an icon called LaunchPad. I clicked on it and it depressed but didn't load. I dragged a shortcut to my desktop, same song and dance. I've reinstalled and removed about 4 times now and it still does not work. Anyone know why? I have Windows XP by the way.

Do the specs on that netbook meet the minimum requirements listed for the RGC? I would be a bit surprised if it does.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/system-requirements.html

Edited by grandpabruce