sjones

MyDVD LE

Question

I am having troubles activting the MyDVD LE (6.1.1.0, Build 31516) that came with my DELL PC. Each time I start the application, it connects to the internet for Activation and returns with a message.

Unsuccessful Activation.

There was a problem activating your product.

This could be due to: An error occurred in activating your product, please try again later.

I have reinstalled the application but got the same result. I posted to Roxio Support and they suggested I call phone support. But I have not been at my PC during support hours.

The Roxio Creator for Dell installed along with Dell Media Experience (3.1.0001) - Sonic CinePlayer and works without issue. Here are the verisons contained within Roxio Creator.

Module Name: Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition

Build: 2.4.32a

Serial Number: SC-204B28K

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2005

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 2.4.35a, 68

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2004

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Audio

Version: 2.0.4

Build: 204B28I, RCB

Serial Number: CK7MLEHCWVS3HRNG2

Module Name: Home

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Data

Build: 204B37E, RCB

Serial Number: CLTUVS6F28A6YBHFW

Module Name: Launch Backup

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Copy

Build: 204B28K, RCB

Serial Number: CQGMVJ9FWDCZ7EEG6

Thoughts or Suggestions on how to get around the Activation Screen

14 answers to this question

While the names are similar, this is really a Roxio product site and you have Sonic software.

Try Sonic's site or better yet, use Dell's support as this problem is listed everyday on their website.

I thought Roxio and Sonic were now the same company - sorry for the cross post.

I did check the Dell forums and did not get a hit on this topic. Unfortunately, Dell support typcially will not assist with software issues. I give the Sonic forums a try, too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

While the names are similar, this is really a Roxio product site and you have Sonic software.

Try Sonic's site or better yet, use Dell's support as this problem is listed everyday on their website.

Good News,

I figured out how to get past the Sonic/Roxio on-line activation screen.!!!!

I wondered how somebody without internet access would activate their software - it seemed unreasonable for Sonic/Roxio to assume On-line activation was the only solution. Here is exactly what I did:

1. Shutdown all Sonic/Roxio Appliations runnin on my PC.

2. Physically disconnected my PC from the internet (actually I disconnected it from my network, making it a stand alone PC)

3. Restarted the MyDVD LE application

4. I was presented with a different set of options when MyDVD started up, and I selected - "Off-Line Activation"

5. I wrote down the MyDVD serial number displayed in the pop-up window.

6. I called the number listed for Sonic phone activation (1-877-627-6619)

7. Entered the MyDVD serial number and was instantly provided with an activation code for my copy of MyDVD LE.

8. Restarted MyDVD LE and everything was GOOD. :huh::):D

Note: I experimented with uninstalling the Roxio/Sonic software again and was never prompted with the activation requirment again, even after manually deleting some of the Sonic/Roxio registry entries. Not sure where they store the successful activation information - but once you have successfully registered it should stick, unless you wipe your PC hard-drive clean. Which is what I did when I reconfigured the RAID array on my PC.

Thanks for all the assistance and support - hopefully someone else will benefit from the information in this Thread

I searched Dell's Discussion ite and got 27 hits on "Sonic Activation".

Good News,

I figured out how to get past the Sonic/Roxio on-line activation screen.!!!!

I wondered how somebody without internet access would activate their software - it seemed unreasonable for Sonic/Roxio to assume On-line activation was the only solution. Here is exactly what I did:

1. Shutdown all Sonic/Roxio Appliations runnin on my PC.

2. Physically disconnected my PC from the internet (actually I disconnected it from my network, making it a stand alone PC)

3. Restarted the MyDVD LE application

4. I was presented with a different set of options when MyDVD started up, and I selected - "Off-Line Activation"

5. I wrote down the MyDVD serial number displayed in the pop-up window.

6. I called the number listed for Sonic phone activation (1-877-627-6619)

7. Entered the MyDVD serial number and was instantly provided with an activation code for my copy of MyDVD LE.

8. Restarted MyDVD LE and everything was GOOD. :huh::):D

Note: I experimented with uninstalling the Roxio/Sonic software again and was never prompted with the activation requirment again, even after manually deleting some of the Sonic/Roxio registry entries. Not sure where they store the successful activation information - but once you have successfully registered it should stick, unless you wipe your PC hard-drive clean. Which is what I did when I reconfigured the RAID array on my PC.

Thanks for all the assistance and support - hopefully someone else will benefit from the information in this Thread

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU.

YOU ARE A GODSEND!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT, CAUSE I'VE HAD THE ERROR MESSAGE, TOO. I DISABLED MY INTERNET ACCESS AND SAW EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID WOULD BE THERE; I CALLED THE 877 LINE AND FOUND OUT MY 25 DIGETS, PUT THEM IN AND IMMEDIATELY MY PRODUCT ACTIVATED. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN! :D

This was a frustrating issue.

I'm glad to hear someone else was able to benefit from this solution...It makes the effort worth while.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU.

YOU ARE A GODSEND!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT, CAUSE I'VE HAD THE ERROR MESSAGE, TOO. I DISABLED MY INTERNET ACCESS AND SAW EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID WOULD BE THERE; I CALLED THE 877 LINE AND FOUND OUT MY 25 DIGETS, PUT THEM IN AND IMMEDIATELY MY PRODUCT ACTIVATED. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN! :)

This was a frustrating issue.

I'm glad to hear someone else was able to benefit from this solution...It makes the effort worth while.

I am just thankful I found YOUR solution to the problem instead of the other ones saying, CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!! As for the Ask Roxann? She can't handle it! LOL.

Thanks again. :)

Thanks much for the info ! I've been trying for three days to activate and got to http://activation.roxio.com/activateme but had no idea where to get the 25 digit key that it insisted on. Your method fixed me in three minutes !

...RobRoy

I am having troubles activting the MyDVD LE (6.1.1.0, Build 31516) that came with my DELL PC. Each time I start the application, it connects to the internet for Activation and returns with a message.

Unsuccessful Activation.

There was a problem activating your product.

This could be due to: An error occurred in activating your product, please try again later.

I have reinstalled the application but got the same result. I posted to Roxio Support and they suggested I call phone support. But I have not been at my PC during support hours.

The Roxio Creator for Dell installed along with Dell Media Experience (3.1.0001) - Sonic CinePlayer and works without issue. Here are the verisons contained within Roxio Creator.

Module Name: Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition

Build: 2.4.32a

Serial Number: SC-204B28K

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2005

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 2.4.35a, 68

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Audio

Build: 204B28I, RCB

Serial Number: CK7MLEHCWVS3HRNG2

Module Name: Home

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Data

Serial Number: CLTUVS6F28A6YBHFW

Module Name: Launch Backup

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Copy

Build: 204B28K, RCB

Serial Number: CQGMVJ9FWDCZ7EEG6

Thoughts or Suggestions on how to get around the Activation Screen

I tried what you did below

Trying to activate while off line

It did not work

I called the tel number and the last 5 digits of my code were not recognized

I have tried EVERYTHING!! Clean install Clean unistall the works

I wish mine would work now...sigh....

Can someone please tell me what else to do? If anything?

I called 1 877 627 6619 and was told that I'd reached a non-working number

Check with Dell, its their OEM version.

The way I got to this forum was going to www.sonic.com and was directed here....

Be that as it may, the Discussion Forums were Roxio's. When the company formerly known as Roxio sold the name and software to Sonic, Sonic aquired the Forums. (The former Roxio had bought the name and software for Napster, and is now known as Napster.) Most of the regulars who hang around here have experience with Roxio programs.

Since your software came with your computer (and also indicated by the "LE" in the name), it is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version. That means the company - in your case, Dell - has bought the rights to use the program and often the OEM will have it slightly modified (usually in a manner which reduces what it can do). They also accept the responsibility of supporting the OEM software.

You would be much more likely to get people familiar with your software on the Dell Discussion boards.

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/

Lynn

PS - this thread goes back to August. That is an indicatation of how active this Forum is.

Edited by lynn98109

Despite having as many "Begats" as the Old Testament, [Adaptec begat Roxio, and Roxio begat itself to Napster while Sonic married Roxio's offsprung] this is the forum for SONIC products such as MyDVD LE and this topic seems to have helped a number of people.

Don't be driven away, HOOFan_1