debk18

Photos Are Missing When Dvd Is Played Back

Question

When I burn my video and play it on my dvd player some of the photos are missing, but are playing when played back on my computer. If anynyone could help?

When I burn my video and play it on my dvd player some of the photos are missing, but are playing when played back on my computer. If anynyone could help?

There are several possible solutions to this issue.

When you have finished your project, burn it to an ISO file. Download the free VLC to your computer and play the ISO file there. Are some images missing? If so, we can possibly rule out the burning (disc issue) for now.

If there are images that are missing in the ISO file, use an image editing program to reduce the pixels in the image. Do you have an Image Editing program other than PhotoSuite?

I just got the same problem, but this is for the 1st time ever. Not all photos are missed, but some. I see black screen in those places.Those photos are not even on overlays, they are simple .jpg files on video track. Video clips are not missed. I used many versions of Roxio on many computers in the past. This is a new very powerfull computer and my photos are no more than 2.5 Mb. I already created on it with Roxio 2012 Pro a few movies and those movies did not have missed photos. I tryed two approaches: 1st - created output .AVI file from production. 2nd- burned DVD from production. In both cases i see during preview black screens in some locations and later on the disk that i play on DVD player. Anybody knows why?

I just got the same problem, but this is for the 1st time ever. Not all photos are missed, but some. I see black screen in those places.Those photos are not even on overlays, they are simple .jpg files on video track. Video clips are not missed. I used many versions of Roxio on many computers in the past. This is a new very powerfull computer and my photos are no more than 2.5 Mb. I already created on it with Roxio 2012 Pro a few movies and those movies did not have missed photos. I tryed two approaches: 1st - created output .AVI file from production. 2nd- burned DVD from production. In both cases i see during preview black screens in some locations and later on the disk that i play on DVD player. Anybody knows why?

In MyDVD, try using Software rendering to burn the DVD.

I tried, but it did not help. I noticed that ALL photos are missed, no some. I see only video clips. Whereever I put phots I see only black screen.

I tried, but it did not help. I noticed that ALL photos are missed, no some. I see only video clips. Whereever I put phots I see only black screen.

At this point I would forget about "burning" and create the project in VideoWave (which is where one should start anyway). Start a new VW project and add one or only a few photos at a time and output that to DVD mpeg, best quality file and see if you have any "missing photos"

Total production length is 45 minutes. I erased a big part of production and left only the first 8 minutes. Then I was able to output it as .AVI file or as Mpeg for DVD best quality. All photos were present, nothing was missed. After that I increased length of production to the first 24 minutes. In this experiment all photos in .AVI and Mpeg were missed again. I decided again to cut length of production and conducted the 3rd experiment. I left in my production only minutes from 8th to 24th (16 minutes). Again photos disappeared. In all these experiments I had Software Acceleration/Rendering, as was suggested by Digital Guru.

What is irrational Roxio behavior !

Total production length is 45 minutes. I erased a big part of production and left only the first 8 minutes. Then I was able to output it as .AVI file or as Mpeg for DVD best quality. All photos were present, nothing was missed. After that I increased length of production to the first 24 minutes. In this experiment all photos in .AVI and Mpeg were missed again. I decided again to cut length of production and conducted the 3rd experiment. I left in my production only minutes from 8th to 24th (16 minutes). Again photos disappeared. In all these experiments I had Software Acceleration/Rendering, as was suggested by Digital Guru.

What is irrational Roxio behavior !

Seems as if one of the avi or mpeg are causing your problem. Add them one at a time until it fails.

Thank you for tryping to help me, but...Sorry, I don't understand your suggestion. I have a problem with . JPG photos. Roxio displays balck screens instead of photos when I create .AVI or .MPG output movie. My video clips in production are all in .AVI format and Roxio sees them all and outputs perfectly in any output format. All my photos were taken by the same camera. On production line in preview Roxio shows perfect movie 45 miniuts long with all photos and videos. Only when I create output file as .mpg or .avi, only then Roxio creates black screens instead of photos. But some photos it shows here and there.

This 'problem' is usually a result on your Video Card not being up to date with drivers and software...

Video Driver Updates for AMD ATI & NVIDIA:

AMD

NVIDIA

Check on that FIRST!

If that does not help, please provide your PC specs, like most of us have in our sig block, so we can eliminate the PC as the problem ^_^

Please note that there are a lot of people in other forums that are having issues with the latest NVidia drivers for rendering and playing. Stay with the older ones I use 301.42 with no issues.

Thank you for tryping to help me, but...Sorry, I don't understand your suggestion. I have a problem with . JPG photos. Roxio displays balck screens instead of photos when I create .AVI or .MPG output movie. My video clips in production are all in .AVI format and Roxio sees them all and outputs perfectly in any output format. All my photos were taken by the same camera. On production line in preview Roxio shows perfect movie 45 miniuts long with all photos and videos. Only when I create output file as .mpg or .avi, only then Roxio creates black screens instead of photos. But some photos it shows here and there.

My suggestion was to add one or two photos at a time to the 8 min production that you stated works. After each "add", output to avi or mpeg and see if it worked.

Dear Jim_Hardin,Sknis and Myguggi: two of you suggest mutually exclusive fixes. Jim_Hardin tells me to update drivers while Sknis recommends to stay with older drivers. Could you please agree how I shall proceed?

My question for Myguggi is this: suppose I start adding .jpg files one by one to 8 minutes long production just to see what will happen. The task is lengthy: it requires making output after each 1-2 photos addition to see if Roxio have created black screens. But how can it help me with a movie that is 45 minutes long? Do you suggest creating no less than 6 (if I am fortunate, but may be more) separate productions?

Below is my computer information. I found it in different files, places, etc.

Thanks all of you.

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

Service Pack 1

Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1124 (English)

Driver Version: 8.960.11.1000

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 4/26/2012 04:54:48, 1067520 bytes

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850. 6883 MB Total available graphics memory

Dedicated graphics memmory: 1024 MB

Dedicated system memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory 5859 MB

Take time to read. :angry:

I did not suggest that you not update your video card drivers. I said that people are having issues with newer NVidia drivers. Since you never told us what you had, we were covering all the bases. You could have had three year old Nvidia drivers. I suggested that (if you were going to update), that you use the driver version that I suggested.

You have an ATI GPU so it is a moot point.

I updated drivers for my video card. I also found advice on the Web from Roxio to go to Tools-Option-Graphics Test and let program to decide whether to use Software or Hardware rendering. It selected Hardware after some testing. After all that I noticed some improvement in watching production on computer screen, but that was so minor problem that I did not even mentioned it earlier. Now when I output production it does NOT miss photos!. However, on the 17th minute (production length is 45 min) rendering stops. I tried output as .AVI or MPEG for DVD best quality - every time it stops on the same place -17th minute. I receive sometimes, not always, a message (attached) about Direct X. Why does it mention version 9? I have version 11. I tried another approach: to burn productionon on disk with MyDVD. Program does not do it and depending on its "mood" may display (or may not) an error message (attached). I changed manually rendering to "software" just to try all possible scenarios. It only reduced speed of rendering, but it did not advance beyond 17th minute.

I made a mistake when I bought this "advanced" computer with Window 7 and installed Roxio 2012. I still have my old computer with Windows XP and Roxio 2009. It was slower, yes, but it worked. Now I have to deal with all these... It took me several months to create this production, I do it on my spare time. I don't want to go through re-createion on the old computer.

I will greatly appriciate your suggestions, I still have a hope that the problem might be corrected.

Thank you

post-36672-0-76318800-1348661487_thumb.jpg

post-36672-0-04556000-1348662130_thumb.jpg

DirectX 11 is not an update to DirectX9c. They are different. Creator needs/runs with DirectX9c. It should have been installed and up0dated when you installed the program. Did you delete it?

Your GPU will run DirectX9c. Get it here.

Creator also needs MSXML 4.

A couple of other things. You do need the latest version of Windows Media Player and of Quicktime.

Check here to see if there is anyhting I missed.

I updated drivers for my video card. I also found advice on the Web from Roxio to go to Tools-Option-Graphics Test and let program to decide whether to use Software or Hardware rendering. It selected Hardware after some testing. After all that I noticed some improvement in watching production on computer screen, but that was so minor problem that I did not even mentioned it earlier. Now when I output production it does NOT miss photos!. However, on the 17th minute (production length is 45 min) rendering stops. I tried output as .AVI or MPEG for DVD best quality - every time it stops on the same place -17th minute. I receive sometimes, not always, a message (attached) about Direct X. Why does it mention version 9? I have version 11. I tried another approach: to burn productionon on disk with MyDVD. Program does not do it and depending on its "mood" may display (or may not) an error message (attached). I changed manually rendering to "software" just to try all possible scenarios. It only reduced speed of rendering, but it did not advance beyond 17th minute.

I made a mistake when I bought this "advanced" computer with Window 7 and installed Roxio 2012. I still have my old computer with Windows XP and Roxio 2009. It was slower, yes, but it worked. Now I have to deal with all these... It took me several months to create this production, I do it on my spare time. I don't want to go through re-createion on the old computer.

I will greatly appriciate your suggestions, I still have a hope that the problem might be corrected.

Thank you

In addition to what Steve (sknis) suggested, look in your production to see what you have at the 17 minute mark. It could be a corrupt photo or transition causing the problem. Remove the photo, or transition, then see if it will render the entire production.

Edited by grandpabruce

I tried first a simple photo substitution, as Grandpabruce suggested. It did not help. Rendering stopped on the same 17th minute.

Sknis, what is GPU? and what directory shall have DirectX 9? I did not willingly delete it, I bought Roxio 2012 on a disk and installed it on my brand new computer, which did not have any previous versions of Roxio. Was DirectX 9 on the disk? Could Window have prevented it from installation? Window had the latest version 11 and could have blocked version 9 from installation? If I forcefully install version 9, will Windows allow to do it, and if it does, would it be later a conflict between the two versions and additional problem pups up somewhere? It is so easy to damage and so difficult to fix.

Thank you for help

I tried first a simple photo substitution, as Grandpabruce suggested. It did not help. Rendering stopped on the same 17th minute.

Sknis, what is GPU? and what directory shall have DirectX 9? I did not willingly delete it, I bought Roxio 2012 on a disk and installed it on my brand new computer, which did not have any previous versions of Roxio. Was DirectX 9 on the disk? Could Window have prevented it from installation? Window had the latest version 11 and could have blocked version 9 from installation? If I forcefully install version 9, will Windows allow to do it, and if it does, would it be later a conflict between the two versions and additional problem pups up somewhere? It is so easy to damage and so difficult to fix.

Thank you for help

In the Preview does it play through the 17th minute? Do you have any transitions or special effects in that area?

I can see everything up to the 17th minute and all my transitions in this area are "dissolve". But I erased this photo and a few clips before and after. Saved production under different name and ran rendering again. Now the message was "Unable to build render graph". I quit Roxio and opened again. Rendering lasted less than 1 second (10 frames). I repeated again - exit- open file- output- This time it produced 26 frames. No warnings, no messages.

I found on the Internet (not related to Roxio) that a few people followed a suggestion similar to what Sknis suggested - they tried to install DirectX version 9 for games. Here is what they say:

With my windows 7 I tried installing DirectX end-user runtime Web Installer The web installer will then check computer and download the DX .dll files that it thinks your computer needs.

It will not install I’m getting “cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid”

All this sounds to me like you have to have an advanced degree in computer science in order to use Roxio. I am completely lost. Is not everything supposed to be on Roxio disk and ready for installation?

Everything you needed was on the disc...

Something has caused it to become corrupted, intentionally or inadvertently -_-

Steve gave you the link you need to fix it in Post #17...

Might be good to try that ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I am going to try, but would it be easier to uninstall-reinstall Roxio? Or there is a potential problem with it?

Use these uninstall instructions. They are from Roxio. Uninstall

KEEP your anti-virus OFF during the install.

Thank you, Sknis, but ithe instructions have been written for Creator 2011. If Roxio changed a tiny bit in Creator 2012, I will make my problem even worse. I see, for example different directory path in my Roxio. This is just on the surface. Who knows what else to expect from instructions and files written for the previous version.

Is there instructions written for Creator 2012?

This thread is in the Creator 2011 forum. Are you posting in the wrong place?

The instructions should also work for Creator 2012.

You could also use Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Mode (only) to remove the program but you would still have to do the rest of it.