• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

imnotcrazy777

Green "no Signal" On Status, But I Do Get Audio

Question

Alright guys, I'm sure that there are volumes of other questions out there, so I'll try to make this short. I've just gotten my Roxio Game Cap today (it only took 3 days to ship!!), so I install the software and plug everything in correctly, but I'm unable to capture gameplay. I've searched for hours online, only to find that there where only a BILLION different problems, but they all had one thing in common, a green "No signal". Well, after reading a load of posts, I've come to the conclusion that the software was acting up, because I painstakingly made absolutely sure that I connected all the wires correctly, did the 1080i switch, and switched the component cable from TV to HDTV. After reading enough posts, I've noticed that some of you guys told the users to check device manager to see if that is working fine. So I did. I found that the top Roxio GAMECAP driver thingy didn't seem to be installed correctly. It gives me generic USB audio. Windows must be screwing something up when the drivers get installed, but I don't know what I should do. If you guys have any suggestions, PLEASE don't hesitate to share them. Also if you need pictures, just ask me and I'll upload them.

23 answers to this question

First off try popping the disc in and when you get choices choose Repair and see if that loads the driver correctly.

Do this without the device plugged in.

Then after you repair and reboot try plugging the device in again to see if it helps.

I tried this again, but repairing or even reinstalling is not working for me. I still have two roxio game caps in my device manager, but one keeps saying "generic USB audio" and whenever I try to update the driver, Windows keeps saying "your driver is up to date".

When you did the Repair/Re-install did you definitely, have the Roxio usb unplugged from the computer?.

With the Roxio USB Device plugged in, right click the two entries in Device Manager, and click uninstall.

Unplug the USB Device from the PC and reboot the PC.

When the PC is up and running place the installation disc in a drive and run repair when it's offered. When it's finished reboot the PC.

When the PC is up and running open device manager and plugin the Roxio USB Device and the 2 Roxio Game Cap entries should be there.

Still no luck. I have both of the Roxio Game Cap entries, but one of them (to be specific, the top one) has the Generic USB audio thing and no information about Roxio or anything.

This is what it should look like:

post-68-0-18428400-1345338587_thumb.png

If yours does not ,please attach a picture of what you are seeing?

That is what you should see.

If the cables are connected correctly (look here to make sure) and you have the USB cable plugged in to a working port on your computer then it should work.

Plug in the device,then fire up the software.

Under Source do you see Roxio Gamecap?

Not sure if this helps the debate but i'm currently experiencing exactly the same symptoms (in every detail) that Imnotcrazy777 is.

In addition though - i have just tried a direct connection between my xbox and both TVs in my house (i.e. using the component leads directly into the TV, not via the Gamecapture device). In all cases (both TVs, and Gamecapture) audio is fine but there is no video signal. This is making me think that perhaps my cable (a generic xbox component cable) is physically faulty ?

Imnotcrazy - have you tried a direct xbox to TV connection with your lead ?

Not sure if this helps the debate but i'm currently experiencing exactly the same symptoms (in every detail) that Imnotcrazy777 is.

In addition though - i have just tried a direct connection between my xbox and both TVs in my house (i.e. using the component leads directly into the TV, not via the Gamecapture device). In all cases (both TVs, and Gamecapture) audio is fine but there is no video signal. This is making me think that perhaps my cable (a generic xbox component cable) is physically faulty ?

See if anything in here is of help:

http://support.xbox....bd58b0d2868e1dc

Sure looks like a bad cable.

Edited by ogdens

I just unplugged my HDMI cable and direct connected the cables, and its not working. Apparently these are just a set of faulty cables and not bad software. I'll get some new ones and try again later.

If you were running HDMI and switched to Component take a look in the Dashboard under System and make sure that your Video output switched to Component.

It should be automatic but check just in case it didn't switch automatically.

ok i've fixed my problem.

Ordered a new cable and it arrived today - plugged it in and still didnt work.

But, as i went to unplug it again i realised that i hadn't quite pushed the socket fully home on the back of the Xbox - it took a bit of waggling but it went in another couple of mm and then was sitting flush - and would you believe it - it worked straight away

Slightly embarrassed that the answer was i hadnt plugged it in correctly - but i hope this helps anyone else with similar problems

Alright, I've just recieved a new component cable I've ordered from Amazon (after a bit of a problem with them, too) and finally connected my wires and all that good stuff. Only problem is, IT IS STILL NOT WORKING... I even tried a direct connection to the TV with the new cable, and it worked! I can only get audio on the roxio game capture software, but still a green "no signal"... I'm just about to send this one in for a new one.

I've got more pictures on my setup, if you guys need any more pictures, please do not hesitate to ask. The xbox was on for all the pictures, my component cable is switched to HD (by the way, yes it still works without the casing, I needed to make room for my HDMI so I could fit both, if this is what is causing the problem then tell me), and the device is plugged into the back of my computer. I'm having the same problem as always, I've been getting perfect audio with a black screen. I'm using Windows 7 also.

post-105775-0-18890300-1348451178_thumb.png

post-105775-0-84248500-1348451200_thumb.png

post-105775-0-14304800-1348451205_thumb.png

post-105775-0-19844100-1348451209_thumb.png

post-105775-0-00619400-1348451274_thumb.jpg

post-105775-0-57666500-1348451281_thumb.jpg

post-105775-0-56635700-1348451286_thumb.jpg

post-105775-0-59316700-1348451290_thumb.jpg

post-105775-0-43074900-1348451295_thumb.jpg

post-105775-0-02445800-1348451300_thumb.jpg

Edited by imnotcrazy777

I think ogdens is correct.With the HDMI plugged in your XBox is probably outputting the video on it.

You can check and see from the Dashboard.On that first page of the Display settings it shows the Current Setting.It tells you what connection it's using.

If you have an HDMI cable plugged in I believe it defaults to it.

Unplug the HDMI cable and check in the Dashboard to make sure it's showing Component as the output.Then see if you get a picture.

Edited by tbrewst

Alright, I have just unplugged my HDMI and tried it. It almost worked too! Instead of a green 'no signal' now, I get a green 'ready' with a black screen and no audio. I'm honestly very happy I got over that problem, so all that is left is this no audio/video, which shouldn't be too hard (I hope). Thank you guys in advance, you've been much better than the Corel support so far.

EDIT: I have no clue what I just did (maybe when I unplugged and replugged the USB into the computer) but now its working! WOOO!! Will mark as solved. Once again, thank you guys, I really appreciate it.

Edited by imnotcrazy777

Disconnecting the HDMI cable and switching to Component 1 fixed the problem. Also, when you start to play, be sure to turn your xbox on BEFORE opening the roxio capture software, for some reason it wants to be picky.