Toast Titanium 11 Pro Crashes With Video Application

marlyl

Question

I have been using Toast titanium 11 Pro for about a year now, no problems, then all of a sudden, when I choose the VIDEO app tab to make a regular 4 hour, set top video, it will not launch and I have to force quit. I have submitted the case to Roxio and performed the tasks they suggest in the article at: http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/Toast-or-Popcorn-does-not-launch-or-crashes? Didn't help. I then took the .component files out the Quick Time directory and tried it again - no dice! I have run repair disk permissions time and time again from the Utility folder, downloaded and ran "Coctail" as the article suggested, still the VIDEO portion of the app hangs. I am done!

Running 27" iMac, Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and have updated it, uninstalled and reinstalled Toast and updated it. The DVD drive works as I burned the DVD using the free app "Burn" when Toast would not perform.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

One thing that can crash Toast is the presence of any xvid codecs in one of the Library>Quicktime folders. Maybe you've installed an application that placed that or another non-compatible codec. Check each of your Mac's libraries for a QuickTime folder and remove any non-Apple codecs (components). Don't trash them; just drag them elsewhere such as the desktop. Then see if Toast launches. If it does, quit Toast and put some of the codecs back and launch Toast again. In this way you can find the offender, if that is what is causing this.

I already did that - didn't help. . Got an email from Roxio with instructions for deleting Toast from my machine. I will do that and reinstall and see what happens. I just reinstalled but didn't go through all the steps, so that might help. Man, I thought once I got rid of the Windows PC, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen anymore! Roxio Creator caused me grief for many years on my PC too in all the versions!