• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Lynn Lynn

Err Encoding 8007000E. Fails To Burn Iso Or Dvd. Folder Set?

Question

Many tries, all failure. MyDvd slideshow, just 77 JPGs, only 102.7 MB out of capacity of entire 4700+ DVD.

Fails whether I try to burn to DVD or to .ISO file.

I searched forum to find 8007000e; no hits.

There is only one menu item, called "Slideshow"

Burn Project dialog box shows green checks on Open Project, Encode menus, and Complete

I sacrificed a blank DVD by selecting the aborted .ISO file and letting Roxio try to burn the disk. Burned disk has 84.4 MB on it, and disk info says it is one data track.

I cannot yet tell if my attempt to burn a "Folder Set" was successful. I get two directories: ROXIOPLASMA and VIDEO_TS.

I have not previously burned a "folder set" and do not know how to proceed from here. The Roxio Help files are of no use. They tell how to create one, but not what to do with it. Somebody could make many softcover book sales by publishing a really good comprehensive user manual; third party, as Roxio seems not to be interested.

1. Does the error code 8007000e tell me anything other than just that it failed?

2. Maybe I have a good "folder set." What can I do with those two directories?

3. Even if I can, with yet-to-be-received advice, salvage my project via the Folder Set route, is there any path to trouble-shooting why I cannot use the burn DVD or burn .ISO route?

Roxiio 8007000e.pdf

2 answers to this question

I cannot yet tell if my attempt to burn a "Folder Set" was successful. I get two directories: ROXIOPLASMA and VIDEO_TS.

I have not previously burned a "folder set" and do not know how to proceed from here.

2. Maybe I have a good "folder set." What can I do with those two directories?

3. Even if I can, with yet-to-be-received advice, salvage my project via the Folder Set route, is there any path to trouble-shooting why I cannot use the burn DVD or burn .ISO route?

From your description above (having two folders - Roxioplasma and Video_TS), it looks like you had a successful burn of a DVD video folder set. Based on the pdf you attached (I only viewed the content of your pdf once and subsequent opening of that attachment failed), you have a VLC media player. To test if the folder set is fine, drag the IFO file located in the Video_TS folder and drop it to your VLC. Does the video play fine?

If the video plays fine and you want to burn it onto a DVD, use the Video Copy and Convert application. Select the Copy DVD tab. In the From section, press the drop down and choose "Browse for DVD image/DVD-Video Folder". Point ot to the folder where those two folders are contained. In the To section, select the destination drive where you have a blank DVD. Press the green button below.

Let us know how it goes.

post-114-0-71693200-1345775101_thumb.jpg

Edited by malatekid

Hello Lynn Lynn,

Error 8007000E is a Microsoft Windows error which seems to indicate you've run out of resources - disc space or RAM memory or such.

Here's an ASP FAQ posting which might explain it a bit. http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/components/why-do-i-get-8007000e-errors.html

I don't make slideshows so all I can do its point you towards postings which might help you, until someone more practised comes along to help.

The KnowledgeBase articles from Roxio support all seem to have been lost with the acquisition by Corel, and the search engine on this bulletin board is sadly very lacking. Try a Google search with this text site:forums.support.roxio.com error 8007000E and you'll get a lot of hits on that error. Sadly most of them seem to be unanswered, but there might be something in there which helps you. Cleaning up hard drives, increasing real RAM and/or Windows Virtual Memory, and reducing the number of other programs running at the same time seems to fix many of those errors.

As to the "Folder set" - the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder are the files necessary for a Video-DVD. If you have a software player which can play DVD files, you tell it to start with VIDEO_TS.IFO and can then see if the folder set is "good".

If you don't currently have such player software, I've found the free VLC player is very good for playing video files of all sorts, folder sets, DVDs, and it will even play video ISO files. It doesn't interfere with the Roxio software, and it would be very useful in your situation to look at folder sets.

Hope this helps,

Brendon